Should Computers Replace Teachers

ross18

MP Guru
hey there guys...

what do you feel...

Should Computers Replace Teachers in today's world...

do share ur comment on it...

Take care....

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
I would say, a big NO

Teaching is not a mechanical job, but also an emotional job. A teacher is a person who is responsible for the upbringing of the future of the country, when the parents are not working, so in a way, he/she acts as a parent for those 8 hours.

Would u see parenting feasible by a computer ? NO... right ?

A teacher has to see how a student understand, and then teach him/her in a manner in which he can grasp, sometimes make the topic humorous if its difficult and even attend to the difficulties of the students, where it is academic or personal. So, all these things can't be done by a machine.

I would say that a teacher can take the aid of a computer while teaching, but replacing the teacher, is impossible.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
My views in this topic is divided.Computers can replace teachers to some extent..

Financially computers will be less expensive than teachers.In villages where you can't find any traces for schools computers would be a good choice.

When it comes to teaching obviously humans play a very good part than computers.Teachers can understand the students and will teach them according to their needs.

So India needs both type of teching to make the country literate.

-Deepak.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
PHP:
 Financially computers will be less expensive than teachers.In villages where you can't find any traces for schools computers would be a good choice.

just think how expensive it would be? A computer can't teach completely and in villages, an experienced teacher is a must. Inculcating computer education is fine, but if u say, u want to replace teachers, with computers, then its not possible!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
and in villages, an experienced teacher is a must.

Open your eyes and smell the coffee. If you read any news at all, it wouldnt be a surprise to you that most of the so called *teachers* arent well educated. To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges. They seldom visit the campus and most of the time its only to collect their salary.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Open your eyes and smell the coffee. If you read any news at all, it wouldnt be a surprise to you that most of the so called *teachers* arent well educated. To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges. They seldom visit the campus and most of the time its only to collect their salary.
what i meant was someone who can teach the rural masses, because teaching them will be different from teaching the urban masses and someone who can use computers... that's why the word "experienced"

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
that's why the word "experienced"

To top that, those who are qualified dont visit these schools / colleges

Now,at this point in time, it would be absurd to say that teachers can be totally replaced, because you need the human touch.

But you cannot neglect things like e-learning, where there is a teacher, but he is lecturing from some far away place, or better yet, the lectures are stored in CD's or DVD's.

There is a market for such products, there are people who'd prefer to learn at their own convinience, and through their favorite proffessionals.

Can computers replace teachers, well atleast not yet, but it is certainly doable in future.

ross18

MP Guru
the thing that u are sayin about a student can learn on the internet from his favourite teachers is right...

but thn computers can just act as a link between them..

and also a computer can just pass on the information the data that is been stored in it...
or the question tht have been feeded in it...
Computers lag Artificial Intelligence...whn the artificial intelligence of Computers surpass humans only thn they can take replace teachers....

but thn too what about the motivation and affection tht we get from our teachers how can computers replace that ???

sweetaugust

well, to miie, i think tat computer can replace teachers to a certain extent.
Its true tat computer have no experience of teaching. But, would u rather listen to the teacher talks than playing games in lesson in the computer tat would equally teaches us the same thing tat the teachers is teaching.

well, tis is just my point of view :)

priyanka.b

No i do not support this idea because personal communication is better.students can express their views better by personal interaction.Instead computers should be used to help communicate better with students.

viv1001

A big "NOoooooooooo" to this "noble" idea.. in most institutes computers have already limited the teachers' role to bare minimum.. But a delivery of ideas through human interface is always welcome as the aura and surroundings help more in learning than the delivery itself..

rads10

you need a guide to even teach comp or program it...so i think computers to an extent replace teachers bt nt fully..

kingkong

its good cause in remote areas it would be beneficial

But teachers are the best resource one can have.

Last edited by a moderator:

akruti

I am a teacher myself,one simple question would be how does a teacher behave in the class? we as teachers are proactive,and work in such a dynamic environment called class rooms where actions and reactions are the norm,a two way interaction,certain examples,certain ideas crop up instantly and we sometimes change our way of explaining based on the doubts raised,or the clarifications needed and other aspects,then now the question is? can computers ever replace such teachers? No,computers are knowledge centers where you can get more info and you can get equipped with lot of info which maynot be found anywhere else,but they can never replace a teacher.

Rohit_Rocker

Well, Teachers win hands down.....

However,
On a second thought....

Imagine, that Artificial Intelligence is a reality. It will cretainly change things as we see now. Definitely in that case, it would be an excellent option to substitute teachers with AI robots.

nandanmaru

Should Computers Replace .....

There is no scope of this kind of replacement as Mechanics have there limitations...You all must be knowing that AI...Artificial Intelligence has a limitations and that is it cannot think on its own...It always need orders...And if so Computers need to be programed for this...And Programming something in before accounts that program cannot be changed or blended when in time where decisions are to be taken according to new situations.....

Thus i Say they can assist but not replace....

rajanshah.mba

it os not possible..ultimately computers are working by the commands of man..so teachers are must be there to listen queries of students and computers can only used as supportive...

Jayita

NO!! A biG NO!
computers r good true wid techonology mna has come a far way ahead .. but teachin is somethin which can nt b replaced by a comuter the true essence of learnin has been the way a teacher teaches his students wat im tryin 2 say is dis institute of teachin has been der 4 decades from old times where the Gurus taught their shishyas ... n wid years dat concept stil remains da same! Children learn practical things dat a computer may nt b able 2 teach & da emotional bondin they share cant b der between da machine n a human!
Teachers r ppl who children luk upto they idolise them n its somethin totally not replaceble by da computer!
N iv had da best of teachers since my shcool life n educational life til date n id say three cheers 2 dem!N let da computers b computers!