Management Control System; case study

Rohan Sadula

Hi all, these are solutions of few of the cases...
enjoy

Attachments

• 3M.docx
    12.8 KB · Views: 345
  • Abrams Co..docx
    13.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Allied Office Product.docx
    15.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Birch Paper Co..docx
    13.1 KB · Views: 299
  • cisco_solution_final.docx
    17.5 KB · Views: 292
  • EBI (A) soln.docx
    16.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Emerson Electric Co..docx
    15.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Encyclopedia Britannica Inc..docx
    20.4 KB · Views: 285
  • mcs nucor case.docx
    20.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Medoc Co..docx
    14.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Motorola Inc..docx
    13.3 KB · Views: 373
  • new_jersey_insurance.docx
    13.9 KB · Views: 266
  • North Country Auto.docx
    16.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Southwest_airlines.docx
    14.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Wesport Electric Corp..docx
    14.8 KB · Views: 267

ankabelka

Thanks! great help! for extra information I would recommend to search for needed topic on . I had some luck on my case studies

Last edited by a moderator:

iraditia

hello everyone... I'm new here. Does anyone have a case study of Texas Instruments? it is from Management Control Systems books, 12th edition, Robert N. Anthony & Vijay Govindarajan, case 13-4, page 601.

thank you very much for your attentions and help...:peace:

Osgood company is a small manufacturer of wooden household items. Mr. john , the controller, Osgood. He has the information needed to develop standards for osgood%u2019s products.
One of the Osgood %u2018s product is wooden cutting board. Each cutting board requires 1.25 board feet of lumber and 12 minutes of direct labour time to prepare and cut the lumber. The cutting boards are inspected after they are cut. Because the cutting boards are made of a natural material that has imperfections. One board is normally rejected for each, five that are accepted ( the rejected boards are totally scrapped).
Four rubber foot pads are attached to each good cutting board. A total of 15 minutes of direct labour time is required to attach all four foot pads and finish each cutting board. The lumber for the cutting boards costs Rs. 3 per board foot and each foot pad costs Rs. 0.05. direct labour is paid at the rate of Rs. 18 per hour.
Questions to be discussed:
1. Develop the standard costs for the direct cost components of the cutting board.
2. Identify the advantages of implementing a standard costing system.

imc00l

pls help me with solution to case study investment center problems part b which is in 12th edition of mcs by anthony and govindrajan.
thanks.............

exsaraf

Thanks guys for all the help offered.........Keep updated if anyone does a better job than the posted work, in this way people can have access to different perspective.