Business Vs. Ethics

arti.iiitm

What is ethical business in your views?? being an entrepreneur, how will you run your business with ethics or without ethics ? and being a customer, what will be your best choice?
Most importantly what should be the crossing line which will decide the ethical and unethical things ??

Need your voice...

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
"Everything is fair in Love, war and Business."
According to me ethics are outdated...
If you are totally ethical, you will never be a successful entrepreneur.

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ethics can never be outdated Concept . You can still earn good profits been ethical to society & Ethics lots of activities which help to uplift the society which indirectly help business owner to gain more profit.
As you can see there is lots of good Industrialist in our country who are ethical & still on top of there league.

arti.iiitm

Tushar what you are saying sounds very practical but if you will go through the history of Narayana Murthy, you will find him and some business persons, who made the whole empire with ethics. Today we are facing cut throat competition, and one mistake can finish you, customers are also very smart enough to judge you. .. :)

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Dear Arti and Puneet.

IIPM- "Think beyond IIMs",claims world leading B-school, is it ethical?
Fair & lovely- fairness grantee within in 7 days, is it ethical?
Every institution claims 100%u0025 placement, is it ethical?
there are lot of examples which proves that there is no relationship between ethics and business...

arti.iiitm

After through with above statement my judgment is there is no boundary which decides ethical and non-ethical contents in business. So, one side we talk about corruption, is it not a corruption?? Because one side we are doing it legally and other side we wanted to have solution. ??

arti.iiitm

Dear Tushar,
What examples you have quoted above all correct, Thus, it seems that advertisement makes business unethical. In order to get good publicity and good response, business goes for advertisement, marketing, and here it quotes mostly non-practical things which can not be met even if they will try there 100%. So, It will be as correct to say, advertisement fuels business to become non-ethical ???

arti.iiitm

Hmm.. What could be possible alternatives that will help companies to increase their publicity with such advertizing contents??

Or companies are bound to keep the show up because as we want ?? Herewith, can we say that public also influencing companies to come up with such a non-ethical contents which at end not only harms the public itself but the competition as well ? ?

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I agree with Tushar that advertisements mislead people many a times but more so the concept of advertisements since there emergence in the U.S has been exaggeration only. Nonetheless many government agencies are in place to take care of public grievances in relation to advertisements. Moreover what is shown in advertisements is not completely wrong just exaggerated to leverage on human emotions. Companies will only be able to create a brand image if they can leave a lasting impression on their customers' minds and that can be only done by showing them exaggeration of things that otherwise seem unreal in the real world. I wont disagree with Arti either..Ethics does play a big role when it comes to not only the success of a business but also its sustenance. Companies are not islands..they can not work alone. Suppliers, distributors, Investors, customers have all their due share in a company's success. Strong ethics goes a long way in this case to get the best out of these stakeholders..:)

From my point of view every business must has its own well known ethics and moral values and all the employee working there needs to be punctual to these ethics. This tends to increase the trust not just between the workers in the firm and their consumers but in addition between the employees themselves.

camryn643

Banned
Moral Ethics:

Many of us, whether or not knowingly or subconsciously, method daily life with a moral and ethical structure. For many people, this platform is cultivated at the start of lifestyle. We often have a tendency to consider the world and beliefs look at our mothers and fathers, our spiritual group, our good friends at others and school who play an powerful component in your upbringing. Nonetheless, when we expand and fully developed, our viewpoints modify - occasionally increasingly liberal and sometimes more conservative. The ethical frameworks we supply with us usually do not just go away once we start working or if we manage employees. Actually, the honest frameworks of small business owners can be extremely important factors that form exactly how the firm is manage.

Business ethics:

Business ethics is involved with implementing a moral framework to the way agencies conduct business. From handling human being sources issues to sales and marketing insurance policies, moral points of views can condition and change just how companies operate. Enterprise ethics has both descriptive and normative components. The normative component of business integrity is related to discovering how the behavior you and your staff exhibit is related to societal problems or societal upbringing. For example, you may be able to attribute this to being raised with "savers" as parents, if you tend to be conservative with money. The real key to normative ethics for small business owners would be to recognize how your own values impact the alternatives you will be making as an entrepreneur. The descriptive a part of business ethics, on the flip side, relates to the way you integrate "finest techniques" in your organization's procedures and policies. Have you ever identified, as an example, that your staff members and consumers respond effectively to the observance of particular faith based practices or getaways? You could thrive then to incorporate these things into your guidelines, maintaining ever cognizant from the different beliefs and honest points of views of your customers and employees.

senpayal571

Ratika Shetty
Business cannot be run without Ethics and running solely based on Ethics is not at all possible. It has to be a mixture of both and management has to take calculative decision as to what should be encourage and to what level it should be promoted

gauravsri

Ethics is something which can't really be taught by B-Schools. However, it is extremely important in this day and world. After several large fiascos, B-Schools are trying to teach more Ethics courses so that next generation of MBAs will consider the impact of their decisions on the society as well.

Buyrakhi

Think "ethics and business" are an oxymoron? Think again! Small business owners are realizing that the principles of moral ethics can be injected into business. Ethical businesses recognize the power of conducting business in socially responsible ways and they realize that doing so leads to increases in profit and customer satisfaction and decreases in employee turnover.

rod2121

Nick Tudu
In my opinion ethics must come from both sides. From entrepreneur and the customer. Its is one of the best way to gain reputation and trust. Business ethics applies to all aspects of business conduct and is relevant to the conduct of individuals and entire organizations.

BKWANKHEDE

Ethics are very important let be an individual or an corporate entity !! The perpetual and long lasting business cannot be built without solid ethical foundation !!