FDI in Indian retail market

prakharkanpur

yes entry of FDI in retail market definitely reflects the positive side to the indian market.Reasons are that it will provide much larger employment, new variety of product to indian consumers.

meheer

I agree with Prakhar. FDI in retail will increase the competition within multi-brand retail outlets. Opposition party's argument that this will lead to more wastage of raw outputs is ridiculous. There's always a buyer for food, as long as it is not rotten. So if Walmart rejects a lot of farm products, they could possibly be bought by DMart or Hypercity or whatever.

On a flip side, this also means that the bargaining power of farmers can increase. If the quality of his output is high, he is in a powerful position to negotiate.

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
FDI in retail will definitely go a long way in putting back the Indian economy on the previous growth track. The organised retail sector in India is only 2%u0025 as compared to the unorganised sector providing a huge growth potential. This phased implementation of FDI might also help domestic producers to become the suppliers for the incoming giants- a win win situation. This exact thing happened in China. As far as the question of survival of small mom and pop store goes, even if walmart has been present in china for quite a long time now, its market share is no more than 5%. If implemented properly i dont think there would be any significant threat to these kirana shops.

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
FDI in retail will definitely go a long way in putting back the Indian economy on the previous growth track. The organised retail sector in India is only 2% as compared to the unorganised sector providing a huge growth potential. This phased implementation of FDI might also help domestic producers to become the suppliers for the incoming giants- a win win situation. This exact thing happened in China. As far as the question of survival of small mom and pop store goes, even if walmart has been present in china for quite a long time now, its market share is no more than 5%. If implemented properly i dont think there would be any significant threat to these kirana shops.

FDI in retail is good. With FDI in retail, organizations will have a way to pull in technology and abilities from other nations and this will assist in infrastructural growth of India. This will even support in developing more value for funds for the buyers. As a result of FDI, functions in distribution and manufacturing cycles are predicted to become much better.