Can Creativity be measured so that it can be linked with Rewards?

farhanak.manage

Can Creativity be measured so that it can be linked with Rewards?

How ? Any examples of companies already doing it that you can think of?

Throw your ideas in...

prasal

Like Edwin said, depends on the sector. Something like the marketing & advertisement sector, it would be extremely difficult to "measure" creativity as creativity is a subjective concept. One may say that Person X's ad campaign was more successful and lead to greater sales than Person Y, however that would suggest the acceptability of that ad campaign from the customer's point of view rather than the creativity aspect.

calvothon

Idk , but wouldn't make any sense. It's like a slumboy coming up with the idea of slumdog millionare , even if he conceptualized it , how's he gonna implement it.
So no , unless the danny boyle of any organization with the neccessary authority or capacity comes up with it , I hardly think it'll go rewarded or even implemented for that matter.

om213

To some extent we can compare creativity,but its not possible to measure exact value
its more subjective

WhitBelm0nt

Yes, understanding that creativity is what sells is key.

I believe that Google rewards all it's top programmers by providing them with 5 star lunches daily and a relaxing work environment.

Tanvidesale

Creativity can't be measured.There is no particular parameter to measure creativity.Creativity is what idea strikes at that point of time.Creativity is a flow of ideas so there cant be certain way to reward creativity.

Yes i think it can be measured upto some extent if it is divided into numerous factors for instance originality, suitability, usefulness, appropriateness, fluency, styles. This is my view if you think i am wrong then may be i am.