Is work exp. absolutely important for an MBA ?

Well it entirely depends upon d college u graduated from... Af u graduate from an A++ college it really doesnt matter whtr u have any exp or not... But nething lesser than an A wud mostly require work exp

marooned

according to me work experience is not that much important,what really matters how well you have prepared for the exam and how you can tackle the gd and interview.

punitatinup

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
post in ur opinion .... how much do you work exp is helpful ?? or is it better to finish studying right after college so that one wouldn't get diverted and lose interest in studying an MBA

I believe work experience of 1 to 2 years in Good for MBA because you know corporate culture as well as fresh Ideas. This combo makes you learn a lot... So yes Work Ex with 1-2 years is good.

samir_dadi

According to me, work experience is very important before MBA. Because when you're a fresher and you take up masters, you end up studying what is available to you through books, articles, etc. But when you have prior work experience you know precisely what you want to learn, you start raising question, etc it becomes more interesting, you start figuring out, what should be done in what circumstances, if you find any problem you always have faculties at your disposal to solve your queries.

That is why I would suggest that you should have work experience before you apply for MBA.

stupendous

I dont know from where GD and interview has come up in the discussion!! Acc. to me what the guy who started this post meant was that "are freshers ready for MBA or is work ex vital"! I guess work ex is can be beneficial but it's definitely not vital or absolutely required. The training in MBA could also let the students have a feel of the real corporate environment.

Divya Naryn

yes..i feel its absolutely necessary....everything we learn in classrooms...does not make us any better off...unless we discount what v learn so it becomes applicable to what is practically possible...the theory we learn cant take us anywhere...its nothing until we know..how much of theory is actually true..and applicable in the real world... at least a years work experience is absolutely necessary for an MBA...

maredd01

No, not absolutely imp. But, it definitely helps the graduate to grasp the concept and how it works in practice.

nightsilentor

I dont think that work experience is absolutely essential in the MBA becausee in 1 to 2 years work ex . People generally do not learn anything in the managerial level. If its an IT industry their two years go away in debugging the codes. I think that if that time is used in the MBA college he is more tuned to the industry.

vikrantverma

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes, surely it is..

yeah, in today's competitive world work exp. is like nuclear weapon in ur hand. the bigger u have, the better are ur chances to get henasome packages.

one simple example to demonstrate this fact is that, few years back headlines came that CEO's of big companies are resigning and joinin other companies. the simple funda behind this shift is increasse in package. by working in 1 company they gain the experience, and they made a shift got better salary package....

girish dembla

it depends if a person does nt wanna take a break from study he may persue mba whereas work experience are important if he needs a break and return with some knowledge :plane :

ashish09

I believe it is for a person has to decide whether he is equipped enough to cope up in the corporate world with theory alone ..... if not then the experience backed with theory is the ideal combination .... where a person knows how to practically do some job.... then he learns theory & understands the relevance, drop the useless parts, sum it up with new skills & new techniques learned then apply it again to practice n see the diff.

scoony

Absolutely important? I don't think so. I do believe work experience will enhance your MBA experience. The company experiences you'll be able to share will be insightful to your class.

vagoel84

Yes work exp. is extremely imp for mba because by doing job before mba we come to know about the industry ,there working culture,there expectation from an emp.

vkishorea

Substitute work expe with relevant work exp
For example, working in the sales dept of a company if u want to get into marketing.

Although i would say work exp is not a must but a good factor to boast in your CV (only in case of relevant work exp)

SHAIL2008

its gr8 to ve a work experience before you opt for a mba because gives u more exposure into the professional field...it widens ur horizon to think beyond...

CharliePrice

Its best to have a good amount of work experience for an MBA to be useful, work experience is essential. However, if you don't have the right amout of work experience you could got for a business masters that is not an MBA. Grenoble offers several masters degree programme that require limited work experience such as Master in International Business (MIB), MSc in Finance, MSc in Marketing (Dual Award), MSc in Management Consulting and even an MSc in Fashion Design and Luxury Management. You can find out more information on the Grenoble school page . There you'll also be able to read about student experiences.

bbageek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
If you are planning to get an MBA from the USA then it's very important to have work experience. Furthermore, your work should involve a decision making position such as a manager.

prat40

Well when the question comes for the importance of work experience, it matters a lot. It enhances your knowledge, skills. It will give you expose to corporate world.

bodysoul

when you goes to an interview then that time its a 2 or 3rd question to you that have you experience?
but if you dont have then they think its a liablity but it happen in a small firm so if you will go in big firm then they will see your ability

pal17

i advocates some experience before an mba prog. help in better understanding management concept. One can realize:SugarwareZ-191: the practicability of management concept used in corporate world.
Experience makes a person a finished candidate after passing out MBA prog. He can make better decision than his fresh fellow candidates.