MBA College selection questions answered by experts

mp_connect

Management Paradise Admin
Question: I just gave my CET this year ..and my result was 75 percentile..I got 63 out of 200...is thr any chances tht i can get a gud colg in mumbai for doing MBA or MMS...if yes thn whch are the gud colgs in mumbai...and if at all I hv to pay donation how much will I hv to pay considering todays scenario?

Answer: At 75 percentile, chances of a MMS seat in a good college in Mumbai are slim. If you are looking to do your MBA this year itself, consider IBS Powai, PG program at MET , Chetna, IES , Thakur. United World at Malad can also be considered. Admissions to these colleges will depend on your GDPI and not so much on your CET score. Other option is to prepare well this year and reappear for the exams next year.
Hemang Panchmatia - Director , CREDence Academy.

Answer: The definition of a good college entirely depends on your perception. As far as donation is concerned, approaching the respective colleges would be the best option wherein you can ascertain the amount.
Patrick D'souza, Quoin Academy

mp_connect

Re: College selection questions answered by experts

Question: Quality of Education is good but the college doesn't have name! So does Name of the Institute really matter?

Answer: If you are looking at placements, the college brand will definitely matter a lot. If you in for "education", you may consider the same. Honestly, I can give a specific yes/no, if you can name the college. There are hardly any colleges with good quality but not well-known.

Answer: History suggests that the name of the college does matter. It takes a long time for a college to emerge as brand. The best example is JBIMS which has been the number one choice for MBA through CET. However there is no hard and fast rule and it entirely depends on your perception and the feedback you get from the alumni's for a particular institute. At the end of the day, it is choice which you and your score in the entrance examinations that decide the same.

mp_connect

Question :Dear management paradise,
my score for cet is 59 and percentile is 69.11%u0025 still have to give my GDPI.plz suggest me the college for MBA in mumbai and pune which is fairly enough reputation. kindly suggest me some college ?

Answer: chances of a MMS seat in a good college in Mumbai are slim. If you are looking to do your MBA this year itself, consider IBS Powai, PG program at MET , Chetna, IES , Thakur. United World at Malad can also be considered. Admissions to these colleges will depend on your GDPI and not so much on your CET score.

mp_connect

More questions and answers will be published today and tomorrow.

If you have any more questions, please comment in this thread. We will try and get it answered by experts.

mp_connect

Question: I have selected lala lajpat Rai institute of managment for my MMS degree as i have score less in my cet. i have very less knowledge about the college its faculty its placement cell. would request you to shed some light on this part.
Answer: Placement scene is not very good. Don't think the average salary will cross 3.5 lakhs. If possible, try for PG courses at better colleges. Details of faculty etc can be found on their website.

Answer: In this case the alumnis or seniors of the college would guide you in a better way and with exact information. So kindly get in touch with them and they will be happy to help.

mp_connect

Question: I have given TYBMS exams want to pursue MBA in finance which entrance exams i should give? I want to take 1year gap please guide me.
Answer: You should prepare for CAT13 season. Do appear for CAT, IIFT, NMAT, SNAP,XAT, CMAT . I hope you will work in the interim period. You can join some weekend batches starting Oct 12 to prepare for the same.
Answer: You can any entrance examination depending on the colleges you are vying for. You can give CAT for IIMs or for any other PG courses offered by colleges which accept CAT scores. Similarly you can XAT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT etc.

mp_connect

Question : I am working in an airline....in cargo operations..........should I go for an executive mba?.

Answer: Executive MBA at most reputed colleges will require 3 years of work experience ( in an managerial position). Also remember, part time MBA do not provide placements. So, if you are looking at changing industry, part-time MBA will not help. If possible, get your company sponspor your part time MBA, as is the normal trend

Answer: Whether you want to go for a executive MBA or not is entirely your choice. Most of the colleges will require a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience for the same. Most of the institutes like IIMs, FMS, IIFT, Symbiosis, JBIMS, etc., offer the same.

mp_connect

Question : i have got 71.99 percentile in mba mah-cet so for which clgs shd i try?

Answer : If you are looking to do your MBA this year itself, consider IBS Powai, PG program at MET , Chetna, IES , Thakur. United World at Malad can also be considered. Admissions to these colleges will depend on your GDPI and not so much on your CET score.

mp_connect

Question : i want to take admission in a mba college bt hav not given my cat cet or cmat xams is it possible?

Answer : Some average colleges, do conduct their own entrance tests for PG programs. Try MET, IBS Powai, United World and a few other institutes. Why don't you appear for the exams next season and get into better institutes?

Answer: In case you have not given any of these exams, then you could try colleges which conduct their own exams. IIPM, ITM, DY Patil etc in Mumbai are some examples. You could search the web for more colleges..

mp_connect

Question : Which are the institutes that offer a MBA in Banking in Mumbai?
Answer : NMIMS offers Banking as a specialization. Somaiya offers MBA in Financial Services . BSE offers one in Capital Markets. Admissions rounds for all have been completed already.

Also remember, MBA in finance will also prepare you for a career in Banking

Answer: There are a very few colleges in Mumbai which offer MBA in banking and is mostly offered through college specific criteria. Some examples include MET (eMBA), ITM, Bhavan's Centre of Inter Disciplinary Studies, NMIMS, etc.

mp_connect

Question : i hav completed my bms but not given any entrance exam...i hav heard of mba @ mmk college which does not require entrance xam....is it good? Or plz suggest some other opt
Answer : MMK is def not a part of our recommended list. some average colleges, do conduct their own entrance tests for PG programs. Try MET, IBS Powai, United World and a few other institutes. Why don't you appear for the exams next season and get into better institutes ??

Answer: The definition of a good college depends on indivdual perspective. For us, a good college in Maharashtra would be JBIMS, Sydenham and so on. So in case you feel you do not want to go through the entrance examination grind, then you can have many other options like the one you have listed above.

mp_connect

Question : is it fine if i do mba from any college which is recognized by MU and UGC?
Answer :[/B Please be careful about the accreditation. It will be better if you can name the college, you are considering. We are comfortable with a few colleges like IBS Powai

Answer: It is always a good idea to pursue an MBA from a recognised institution since it makes you eligible to opt for further education. for example, for pursuing a P.hD you will need a post graduate degree from a institute recognised by the UGC. Patrick D'souza, Quoin Academy

mp_connect

Question : Which are the best coaching classes in mumbai (Borivali) for the preparation of CATS & CMET..?
Answer : As Director at CREDence, it is impossible for me to recommend other names :) ... Do your research well .. talk to students and seniors and get their view.

mp_connect

Question : I m nw in TYBMS means has given exam in april. I hv decided to take a break 4 a year then i wl have job expereince n i wl prepare 4 CMAT next year i wl take admission 4 MBA. which is best coll in PUNE except symbi?
Answer : Apart from Symbiosis, you can look at PUMBA. There are many other colleges in Pune, but Symbi instis are amogst the best in Pune.

Answer: Hi, kindly refer to the following link: TOP MBA COLLEGES IN PUNE, 2012-2013, BEST MBA INSTITUTES, SCHOOLS, PUNE.

mp_connect

Question : Newly opened Colleges which promises to deliver the best OR Already established ones?
Answer : Already established ones... B-Schools take a very long time to establish themselves. If you look at the list of Top 20 B-Schools, you will know.... Only exception will be the newer IIMs which can be trusted because of the IIM brand. I can give more specific answers, if you can names the colleges you are considering.

Answer: The answer to your question entire depends on your own perception. Recognized colleges are time tested when it comes to industry exposure, placements and education standards. New colleges may or may not have any credibility. So, at the end of the day, it is choice you make and decide your own risk return strategy.

mp_connect

Question : I am unable to still decde what specialization should i for !! I am a BMS student for MU with specialization in Marketing and retail management. but now i wanna go for finance but dont know whats holding me back. i really wana take up finance but i am not good at it u can say i am low in confidence...... kindely help me in selecting specialization subject.
Answer : Do not worry about this question at this stage. You need to select your specialization only at the start of the second year of MBA. The first year will expose you to all subjects and you will be in a better position to decide. Most importantly, speak to people working in different domains and see what work excites you..

mp_connect

Question : Which colleges offer MBA not MMS?
Answer : Do not worry about this question at this stage. You need to select your specialization only at the start of the second year of MBA. The first year will expose you to all subjects and you will be in a better position to decide. Most importantly, speak to people working in different domains and see what work excites you..

Answer: MMS is the degree offered by Mumbai university. Some deemed univeristies like NM have named their degree as MBA. Some colleges offer PGDM ... MBA is the generic term used in India for post-graduation in Business Studies. Worry about the college you enter and not about what the degee is called.

mp_connect

Question : i m having a 1 yr experience of HR and also ready to pg mba ...pls answer my queries soon

Answer: Hi, we are not able to understand your question. Assuming that you are looking forward to pursue your Mba in HR, you can appear for any entrance examination like CAT, CMAT, SNAP, NMAT, etc for enrolling for the same.

mp_connect

Question : What is your opinion about IIPM college?? whether its good col or nt ?? should i take admission there or nt?? will i get placement after that??
Answer : We def do not recommend IIPM to any student. Placements are not upto mark. Another important issue, is the complete absence of any accreditation .... the degree will not be recognized by most corporates in India. Please be very careful abt joining such institutes.

Answer: For college specific queries alumnis or seniors are the best source of information. Kindly get in touch with them..

hafsha_1

I am working as a Hr executive since last two years and this year i just completed my tybms..i want to pursue mba though i have not applied for cmat entrance
i am actually confused because i am planning to do mba in hr and there is one institute WLCI Business School, Management College, B School, Business Management Institute[/url] i like the concept of this institute..plus the placement is also good so please suggest me what should i do?should i go for cmat or shud take admission in this institute as here there is personal test and procedure is there...awaiting for a better advice damn confused