BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college?

evosam9

Hi, i am an engineering dropout and i will be applying for either BMS or BBa this year. I am from the science stream and i have scored 74% in my 12th Std. Do i stand a chance in getting into a good college such as podar for BMS or should i do bba from nmims. I have some questions, i will really appreciate if some1 can answer them.

1. Is BBA from Nmims worth - they charge 1.5 lakhs an annum.
2. Which are some good colleges i can get into for BMS for 74%
3. How much salary can i expect after completing BMS/BBA and are there college placements ??. I will be working right after my graduation.

4. Does anybody have an idea about vidyalankar school of information technology for BMS, is it good.

P.S : By a good college , i mean the faculty should be really good and there should be placements. I don't need anything else.

Thank you. All replies will be appreciated.

Shrusti

MP Guru
Hi, i am an engineering dropout and i will be applying for either BMS or BBa this year. I am from the science stream and i have scored 74% in my 12th Std. Do i stand a chance in getting into a good college such as podar for BMS or should i do bba from nmims. I have some questions, i will really appreciate if some1 can answer them.

1. Is BBA from Nmims worth - they charge 1.5 lakhs an annum.
2. Which are some good colleges i can get into for BMS for 74%
3. How much salary can i expect after completing BMS/BBA and are there college placements ??. I will be working right after my graduation.

4. Does anybody have an idea about vidyalankar school of information technology for BMS, is it good.

P.S : By a good college , i mean the faculty should be really good and there should be placements. I don't need anything else.

Thank you. All replies will be appreciated.

BMS and BBA are both good courses. If you have an inclination towards mumbai university then you need to consider the BMS course. BBA is a little more industry relevant.

BBA from nmims is worth but they do have a very strict intake policy. You need to connect with some people here who are pursuing this course to get better clarity on it.

Check BMS.co.in for cutoff lists of various colleges where you can get admission.

Mithibai, Sydhnem, HR, Jai Hind, Podar, NM etc are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Vidyalankar has not made its mark yet.

Amity BBA is something that you can look out for. :tea:

evosam9

Thank you for your reply. I am glad somebody responded.

If you have an inclination towards mumbai university

In future what would be better, having a certificate from mumbai university or from a deemed one. I don't have an inclination towards any, i would go with the one which would help me better in the future.

BBA from nmims is worth but they do have a very strict intake policy

Yea they do hv a strict intake policy and their own test. But they charge almost 5 times the amount of what local colleges charge for bms. I can do bms from any local college for 30,000rs per year whereas here i hv to pay 1.5 lakh/year. So is it really worth the 5x the amount ???

Amity BBA
Does amity have a campus in mumbai ??? Is it good ?

Thanks again!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Thank you for your reply. I am glad somebody responded.

In future what would be better, having a certificate from mumbai university or from a deemed one. I don't have an inclination towards any, i would go with the one which would help me better in the future.

Yea they do hv a strict intake policy and their own test. But they charge almost 5 times the amount of what local colleges charge for bms. I can do bms from any local college for 30,000rs per year whereas here i hv to pay 1.5 lakh/year. So is it really worth the 5x the amount ???

Does amity have a campus in mumbai ??? Is it good ?

Thanks again!

Govt university certification has been given higher weight-age since the past few decades, so mumbai university is a safer bet.

The higher the fees, the better the quality of infrastructure through which they impart education. Whether it is worth is subjective. If you are looking for education and not mode of education, it may not be worth. You may not get through a NMIMS because of your drop. Confirm it with the college authorities beforehand.

Amity has a campus in mumbai and they have good facilities. Not sure about the placement scenario but quality of education and peers is better than most BMS colleges.

evosam9

Thank you for your response. I think then i should go with mumbai university. For me faculty is the most important aspect, i can do with bad infrastructure and other things. Are the faculty of local bms colleges good? which is the best college i can get in at 74% in science?

Amity has a campus in mumbai and they have good facilities. Not sure about the placement scenario but quality of education and peers is better than most BMS colleges

Glad to know that. Are they recognised by aicte and government?? Is their course considered and will it be given preference over bms from local college ?

winner@1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thank you for your response. I think then i should go with mumbai university. For me faculty is the most important aspect, i can do with bad infrastructure and other things. Are the faculty of local bms colleges good? which is the best college i can get in at 74% in science?

Glad to know that. Are they recognised by aicte and government?? Is their course considered and will it be given preference over bms from local college ?

hiii sam i am student of BBA from Amity university and its recognised by UGC and i was also confused about doing BBA and BMS but decided to go for BBA and in third year we have selection between marketing HR and finance will be happy to assist you.

evosam9

^^Thanks, but i think amity might not be an option for me as its quite far from my place. The campus is at malad which means an hour by train from my place :(

So now i am looking at BMS from local college. I think i will rule out NMIMS also due to their high fees.

Do i stand a chance to get into podar or NM with 74% aggregate percentage and 81% in maths in 12th std AND 92% in 10th std.

Also, i need more feedback about vidylankar school of information technology. On their website they have given a placement list and few students have got salary package of over 3 lakhs/year.

Whats the max/average package i can expect after i complete BMS ?

Please help guys, Thanks again!

farhanak.manage

^^Thanks, but i think amity might not be an option for me as its quite far from my place. The campus is at malad which means an hour by train from my place :(

So now i am looking at BMS from local college. I think i will rule out NMIMS also due to their high fees.

Do i stand a chance to get into podar or NM with 74% aggregate percentage and 81% in maths in 12th std AND 92% in 10th std.

Also, i need more feedback about vidylankar school of information technology. On their website they have given a placement list and few students have got salary package of over 3 lakhs/year.

Whats the max/average package i can expect after i complete BMS ?

Please help guys, Thanks again!

Havent heard anything about vidyalankar. Dont think you stand a chance in the top few colleges with that score.

There was news that a few students bagged 6 - 7 lakhs package in a finance company. They had decent amount of part time work experience and a lot of initiatives to their credit. Run a search in DNA newspaper website or on bms.co.in

evosam9

Thanks for your response. I realize there is very little chance i can get into a good college with that score.

What do you think abt st.xaviers for BMS ? They have their own entrance test, so if i do well in the entrance test i might have a good chance to get admission there.

Is Xaviers as good as other top colleges like Podar and NM ?

Hello Sam,

Xavier's ranks top colleges when it comes to mass communication, and this is one of the best college in Mumbai helps you groom yourself better. But, i don't know about it's admission criteria but definitely sure that they conduct online exams first and for that too you have been very late. If you wish to pursue further studies in media related courses then Xavier's is the best. but, you can apply in Mumbai university, they haven't started any admission procedure till date.