OldProjectsData

Six Sigma - An Introduction

Six Sigma at many organizations simply means a measure of quality that strives for near perfection. Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects (driving towards six standard deviations between the mean and the nearest specification limit) in any process -- from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service.
The statistical representation of Six Sigma describes quantitatively how a process is performing. To achieve Six Sigma, a process must not produce more than 3.4 defects per million opportunities. A Six Sigma defect is defined as anything outside of customer specifications. A Six Sigma opportunity is then the total quantity of chances for a defect. Process sigma can easily be calculated using a Six Sigma calculator.

By Ankur Agarwal

Attachments

• SIXSIG~1.DOC
    72 KB · Views: 322

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
This is a good project by ankur agarwal rated 3star and above u can surely dwnld it and use for reference..!

Aditya81

Good article! This has been well published and is beneficial for the beginners as well as users of six sigma in the industry.

Keep the good job going on.

sudhan9211

Can some one provide a six sigma project in a format that is used in Symbiosis. I am looking for a project in Six Sigma application.

varnitha

I need some help with a six sigma project I have collected all the informaation but I don't know how to analyze it...