DECISION MAKING STYLES

sunandaC

DECISION MAKING STYLES
Activity

Identify the different styles you use most often to assess your personal decision making style.
Which one are you currently using to help you declare a major?

Write down the decision-making styles you have used most often in the past and give an example of how you used it.

o Impulsive: Little thought or examination, taking the first alternative, don't "look before you leap."

o Fatalistic: Letting the environment decide, leaving it up to fate, "it's in the cards."

o Compliant: Let someone else decide following someone else's plans, "anything you say, sir."

o Delaying: Taking a moratorium, postponing thought and action, "I'll cross that bridge later."

o Agonizing: Getting lost in all the data, getting overwhelmed with analyzing alternatives, "I don't know what to do."

o Planning: Using a procedure so that the end result is satisfying, a rational approach with a balance between cognitive and emotional, "weighing the facts."

o Intuitive: A mystical, preconscious choice, based on "inner harmony," it feels right.

o Paralysis: Accepting responsibility but unable to approach it, "can't face up to it."

o Deviant: Asking the advice of others but then doing the opposite of what is suggested. "I’m going to do it my way."

Whats yours?