Will Tablets replace PCs for many enterprise users?

sunandaC

When it comes to the drivers behind tablet adoption, I outlined four factors:

Increased processing power

Growing storage capacity

The Cloud

IT consumerization

With such Features in place do you feel Will Tablets will replace PCs for many enterprise users?

kool1dude

What i see is Tablet are hot cakes in the market which gonna takeover computers/laptops?

In past we have seen the revolution of touch phones....and principle follows the tablet market..

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Corporate and professional use: NO!

Commercial, personal and social usage: YES!

Depends on your use. Don't expect Tablets to replace PC for IT(Just an example) companies and when the necessity is much.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Too early to give much credit to Tablets, it is not there yet! PC's are far more better at professional level.

bin_bin64

Ultimately, tablets will take place of PCs, and later on if you need big screens I am sure you can connect your tablets to a monitor even wirelessly.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I will take some time, don't imagine that an i7 processor and 6GB RAM will be replaced by a tablet anytime soon. Lets not go into conclusion too soon.

Tablets are just making their way into commercial individual market! Lots more are there to make it effective at company and workable professional level.

bbageek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Corporate and professional use: NO!

Commercial, personal and social usage: YES!

Depends on your use. Don't expect Tablets to replace PC for IT(Just an example) companies and when the necessity is much.

Not in all enterprises....it depends on many factors

tablets are still at an very early stage...pcs are far more powerful and gives what an enterprise need

I agree. The PCs are a lot more faster and efficient and easier for the enterprise.

Just imagine a simple task, depositing fund in banks. First they will enter your account number and then the amount you'll deposit. And imagine this thing being done from a tablet with a touch-screen for input!!

As of yet the PCs are more convenient and more pragmatic to use in the enterprise rather than the touch enabled handheld computing devices.

Also can you imagine a designer creating a "LOGO" in a tablet holding it in his hands. For developmental purposes too the tablets fall short as of yet.

Therefore, it is yet to see how far can these new devices be useful in the enterprise level of usage. They are rapidly evolving and constantly improving on the basis of speed, size, cost, reliability and capacity.

So, we cannot just declare "YES" or "NO" as of yet.