Anna case study for B-school students

sunandaC

The premier business school of the region, Xavier Labour Relations Institute has elevated the Anna Hazare movement as a case study for budding managers.

For the man in the street, Anna's Lokpal movement was similar to the JP movement of 1974 but for the experts at XLRI, Anna demonstrated unparalleled leadership during his 13-day fast which made the Union government give in to his demands.

Traits of leadership, mass management and moral authority were on display for prospective leaders, irrespective of their streams.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
A lot can be learnt from the ANNA HAZARE movement other than leadership, rights and mass management.

"Brand Anna" can also bring in more thoughts in marketing industry as well, a simple ex: how media made use of the movement for their TRP. Definitely "Brand Anna" is the most effective and popular now, it would fade just like any trend in India.

sunandaC

Anna did not urged for media coverage it was media that was behind it for their TRP's and hence publicity is not what Anna promotes or supports

what do u say?

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I meant media and others have used TEAM ANNA BRAND and hence it will be a effective area to study and market with. Yes, media had to go behind Anna's movement and we have to agree that both were benefited.

I was not surprised to see that the movement and hype that the media created was only in the cities and not elsewhere. When I was on a vacation for a week to a village, I had people just wondering what is happening in the cities and a lot were not really bothered as much as in the cities.

Probably a detailed study could really help to spread such useful movement to all places, but I'm not sure if that would really be the outcome analyzing Anna's case because practically I believe that people would be looking the branding and the marketing aspect.

No wonder there is now a study on Anna Hazare and also there is an existing study based on Rajinikath's Robot movie too. Is it now difficult to comprehend the ultimate reason for studies?

sunandaC

hey i have heard about the study on Anna whats the story behind the movie Robot?

what are the reasons behind study on sci fi movie?

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
It was after the success of the movie doing exceeding well in the box office. The study was based on the marketing strategies of the movie.

If sources are to be believed IIM Ahmedabad added a case study of the movie mainly for the marketing and branding. Primarily an elective study in business analysis titled as ‘Contemporary Film Industry: A Business Perspective’ for second year post graduates.