Booming Indian Retail Sector

Godrej in talks with METRO/TESCO for Indian JV
According to unconfirmed reports in the Indian press, local Godrej Group is believed to be in talks with Metro’s UK operations on a possible joint venture into the Indian retail sector. Tesco has also been cited as another possible partner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
KMART looking at Indian entry
According to unconfirmed reports in the Indian press, US discounter Kmart is believed to gearing up for an entry into the local market with a cash & carry operation. There are also reportedly plans to forge a franchisee tie up with an Indian partner.

-------------------

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
RELIANCE in talks over stake in Sainsbury/JV with M&S
According to unconfirmed reports in the Indian press, Reliance Industries has held talks over the purchase of a strategic minority stake in UK retailer Sainsbury. A spokesman for Reliance declined to comment on the issue but confirmed that the group is looking for an overseas partner to enable it to strengthen its retail business in India. "I will not deny the news but we will reserve any further comments on the matter. With the kind of boom that's going to come into the sector, no one will be able to handle it unless we have the required expertise. And that's why it makes sense for us to speak with the Sainsbury's, the Marks and Spencer's and the Coles Myers," he continued. Other reports state that Reliance is in talks with Marks & Spencer to form a joint venture.

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
--------------------------------------------------

According to unconfirmed reports in France, Carrefour’s largest shareholder, the Halley family, has asked two banks to find a buyer for its 13% stake in the retailer for between EUR55 (USD72.58) and EUR60 (USD79.18) per share. Unconfirmed Indian press reports this morning state that Reliance Industries has named two investment bankers to negotiate the purchase of the stake. Carrefour yesterday denied press reports that it is in talks with Reliance, rejecting earlier comments by an unnamed Reliance executive who claimed the two companies are in advanced negotiations over a tie up. "Carrefour denies the report saying Reliance Industries is in talks with Carrefour to either buy a stake in its capital or create a joint venture."

pathakkris

thnks asdad ascd af dfsad fd fdf df dsfdas fadf dasf sf dsfsa dfsa fa fd af df df dsa fdf df d f df das dfd sa fd vg vv xz casgfd f sda

pqrs

thnks asdad ascd af dfsad fd fdf df dsfdas fadf dasf sf dsfsa dfsa fa fd af df df dsa fdf df d f df das dfd sa fd vg vv xz casgfd f sda