Will Online Movies keep an end to the theatre business??

Andhravala

The latest release of Dabangg Full Movie in Youtube by Reliance initiated a thought of releasing movies online instead in theatres.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I don't think so.First reason would be the Internet penetration in India.Internet penetration is very low in India and combined with the broadband speed its going to take a long time for people to watch movies online by skipping the theatres.I would personally feel better in watching movies in theatres than on the computer screen.The real experience will only be felt in theatres.

The only pushing factor to the online movies as of now would be the cost of movie tickets in metros.

-Deepak.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I see the trend in mobile computing as the current blackberry smartphones crash to prices of 4-6k level.

With cheap smartphones available in local language, advancement of 3g would literally explode the internet penetration and then a variety of disruptive models like the youtube movies, mobile shopping, apps sales etc will be the "new" wave.

Internet + Mobile is definitely the next BIG wave to hit this decade.

aafs88

Watching movie at home does not quite equal the thrill and experience of going to a theatre and enjoying it on big screen.
Its like saying why travel the world when you can see videos of it n ur lappy!