can gandhigiri change india?

kartikey

ahimsa----everybody heard abt it...wenever we hear it one think directly clicks our mind"ahimsa bole to bapu"...but we never realised it practically....so friends should we adapt gandhigiri or not...does it really works....so lets start the thread with a phrase"SATYAMAVE JAYATE".....

ritika vohra

hiii
a very thot i must say. had there been a release of munna bhai 3, then toh ur this article wud hav given a lot of promotion to da muvie.
nways jokes apart. acc 2 me at certain situations gandhigiri works. as in if sum1 is stronger 2u then u hav no option but 2 stay mum n later say dat i wrked on gandhiji's principle (ahimsa).
nw a days if ppl dnt hav da guts 2revert back 2sum1 they use this ahimsa tool. but i think, its jus 4 pretence.
ahimsa does not mean not 2 hit ne1. it also means not 2 think cruel abt sum1.
but guys..u thik its possible not 2 think -ve abt sum1.
if a paanwala doesnt giv us a change of rs10, v yell @ him also..i hav seen boys who even go 2 da extent of hitting him 4 no reason..
if this is the anger quotient of da country's youth, then ahimsa is jus a mgmt lingo wich is jus discussed n nt practiced.

regards,
Ritz

varunkohli.jim

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
So a nice thought being given out here....
Guys do u know a thing.... the most commonly and heavily searched keyword on internet is Mahatma Gandhi (according to google sources)
But do we follow him??
Ahimsa.... I don't think that any of us is following it... we used to abuse people and also think bad for them....
Everytime when we are angry we either abuse or straight away start beating others....
Does it what we say is Ahimsa...???
Do we follow the rules and other statements which were given by the father of our nation???
Bapu we says everytime but is he so influencing...
I don't think so.....
Anyways am strictly against Bapu and his philosophy but do think sometimes that we have treated him as "father of our nation".... so should we follow him or not....
A big question.. is always in our mind...
But hummm when point of Satyamev Jayate comes.... I personally support it and treat it as the best slogan which is always true...
So I would not oppose this heart touching slogan: "Satyamev Jayate"

dhiren_te

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey first of all why do want to change India...:big_grin:

Jokeas apart....no hard and fast rules for applying gandhigiri....act depending upon the situation....:tea:

deepakhm

I belive...Gandhigiri by one person is very difficult, but if followed by mass i.e NGO or group of persons..it works faster...in fact it really works.

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
GANDHI AND PEOPLE LIKE HIM ARE TIMELESS PEICES OF GOOD NATURE.THIR SAYINGS WILL NEVER AGE.SO WE CAN IMPLEMENT GANDHIGIRI EVEN IN 2050

krrawate

gandhigiri might work frnds........
.bt again it depends on d situation...
accordingly v hav to react in todays world....

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Deifinetely it can bring a positive change in India.. but now-a-days the concepts of Gandhism Like peace and non-violence have become outdated.... So we will have to get together and preach Gandhigiri...

ssjim

a very thot i must say. had there been a release of munna bhai 3, then toh ur this article wud hav given a lot of promotion to da muvie.
nways jokes apart. acc 2 me at certain situations gandhigiri works. as in if sum1 is stronger 2u then u hav no option but 2 stay mum n later say dat i wrked on gandhiji's principle (ahimsa).
nw a days if ppl dnt hav da guts 2revert back 2sum1 they use this ahimsa tool. but i think, its jus 4 pretence.
ahimsa does not mean not 2 hit ne1. it also means not 2 think cruel abt sum1.
but guys..u thik its possible not 2 think -ve abt sum1.
if a paanwala doesnt giv us a change of rs10, v yell @ him also..i hav seen boys who even go 2 da extent of hitting him 4 no reason..
if this is the anger quotient of da country's youth, then ahimsa is jus a mgmt lingo wich is jus discussed n nt practiced.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I read a status message on my gtalk messenger of a professional.

It went " A lot can be done with a smile. But a lot more with a Smile and a gun"

Carrot and stick works is the new Gandhian !

AnupamC

Hi All,

I think instead of implementing "Gandhigiri" as a mantra or slogan, we must understand the theory and its application with respect to the timeframe when it was created. To me, Mahatma was a situational leader, who started Ahimsa as a tool to fight the mighty British as he evaluated that India's freedom fighters were disorganized and disconnected and did not have enough resources to fight back to mighty British emperor. He started Ahimsa Andolan to provoke the Indian sentiment as well as gathered international support as it clearly gave put British to a disadvantage. Whenever British police and administration used forces to combat Indian freedom fighters armed with weapons, the encounters went on being regarded as "fight against terrorism" and thus Indian freedom fighters garnered little support from National and International communities. Remember, the media was in control of British and India was divided into many small states with their own Rajas/Maharajas who had different point of views for Freedom Movement.
Ahimsa Andolan, on the other hand, was immediately successful in generating sympathy and empathy as the British's answer to such movements were largely seen as torture against unarmed peaceful movement of Indian Freedom Fighters.
Ahimsa- in today's India need to take a different shape. Today, Indians have the blessings of better communication, access to information. On the other hand, terrorism and corruption are posing the biggest threats to India's Growth story. While terrorism needs to be controlled by opening up ways for peaceful discussion with the Government, corruption needs to be controlled in a very strict way.