Annual report analyzed in terms of what communication strategies are used!

lokicrv

Hey guys !

As you can all see I'm new to this forum but I am very glad to have found it. Since most of you people here are professionals I would like to ask you a question of my own. How would you analyse a company's annual report in terms of communication strategies ? More clearly, what would you look after if you had to analyze such an annual report in the above mentioned terms. What communication strategies would you look for, what are the most common used??

Well, I guess there's more than one question to the topic:p. Hope there are people among you who can help me with these questions ! :)

:SugarwareZ-292:

hi welcome to management paradise...well, i m also new to this site like u.i m just sharing da knowledge wat i know.annual reports can be analysed through companies debt and equity ratios and by ratio analysis.financial health of a company can be analysed through returns and avarage returns...mainly its leverage matters in the analysation

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
communication should include why i should keep invested in this stock.

basically a swot communicated in the right way that predicts growth and greater returns on investment than other sectors or competitors.

lokicrv

Yes Kartik Raichura, you are right, because that's one of the purposes of the annual report. It's a good point and I thank you for it :).

richaritwika

Here is a brief from my side :

Purpose of the annual report
  1. To report on the stewardship of the company by the direction and management over the previous year.
  2. To educate and inform shareholders (potential as well as current)
  3. To report on performance during the period under review and put that performance in context
  4. To explain the objectives of the company
  5. To outline strategy and future direction
  6. To fulfil legal and regulatory responsibilities

Many companies see the annual report as an opportunity to build their corporate reputation with a wider group of stakeholders and showcase their company to customers, prospects, staff, partners and their local community.

They also view them as marketing tools for consumers as well as investors. Therefore, most annual reports are professionally produced, containing color, graphics, easy-to-read headings and sections, and easy-to-understand charts and graphs.

It is part of a continuous management cycle that involves reviewing actual results against stated intentions, and then feeding back into the next cycle of direction-setting, planning, implementation and review.

Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers

Student : FOSTIIMA Business School

bhautik.kawa

Hey guys !

As you can all see I'm new to this forum but I am very glad to have found it. Since most of you people here are professionals I would like to ask you a question of my own. How would you analyse a company's annual report in terms of communication strategies ? More clearly, what would you look after if you had to analyze such an annual report in the above mentioned terms. What communication strategies would you look for, what are the most common used??

Well, I guess there's more than one question to the topic:p. Hope there are people among you who can help me with these questions ! :)

:SugarwareZ-292:

Hey Member,

I got a document which will give more detailed explanation on the communication strategies.

Attachments

• communication strategies.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0