is the indian stock markets overvalued in present situation?

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Indian stock markets are slightly over valued. With regards to present sentiments in the market, Do you think markets are over valued?

jeroalex

We cant say the entire Market is overvalued, there is some specific stock movement , that makes the market over valued, mostly bank stocks were over valued now and it will need a corrction but investors who need a long term relationship, they can hold on oil and gas stocks and small caps and mid caps.
driving factors for this rally were bank and IT stocks...

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The Indian markets have definitely done better than other world markets. Due to the improved Indian economy and FII buying, the market is reaching historic highs. However, the change is very volatile and it does not appear that the market at an overall level is over valued. EPS and the market price of individual companies may give an indication for the individual companies. There may be scope for further increase in the market.

However, at the macro level, due to a host of complex factors, it is difficult to estimate the valuation....

itznammu

Indian stock markets are slightly over valued. With regards to present sentiments in the market, Do you think markets are over valued?

On a broader view, Stock market is over valued at the moment.But on the contrary this overvaluation is not in all sectors but in some specific sectors only.As far as my knowledge n Research suggest, overvaluation is not at all the matter of concern rather capital inflow from FII is building up a bubble in the stock market.
I see a broad correction before 31Dec2010 in the range of arround 20-30% from current market.Like correction of 2008 this time also FII will be the gainers and Indian Institutinal Investors(ULIP/MF etc) will be loosers.I advice to cash in on stocks at the moment and keep ready the cash in hand for buying at corrections.
Thanks

vivekrao

Indian markets are not only over valued but very volatile too but still has quite important effect on the world market.