Suggestion to Attract Attention

abhishreshthaa

Attract Attention

For this it should have the following mentioned below:

It should have the AIDA factors, i.e.,

A - Attract : It should attract /draw attention of the consumers.

I - Interest : It should be such, so as to create interest in the product. When the
consumer looks at the product, it should excite him...and he should get inquisitive as to what the product is?

D - Desire : It should create desire in the customer to buy the product.

A - Action : It should finally induce the customer to take action, that is buy the product.
For the same, work has to be done in the following areas:

a. Packing:

This is a very vital or important factor. Spartanian packaging and labeling have been replaced by more sophisticated ones. As the RTC & RTE items fall under the category of ‘Impulse Purchases’, the overall look and appeal of the product should be very good. Even the consumer survey revealed this factor. Following are the statements made by some of the respondents. “The product looked attractive...... I liked it…... I picked it…..”

“ I had no plans of purchasing one...but it looks good.... thought I could try one..." This underlines the factor that packing to a very large extent can boost sales. The cover should have graphics and pictures, which attracts customers.

b. Free samples:

Another factor that will boost sales is providing free samples. This will not only push the
customers desire to purchase a product, but he will be tasting the other variety of our products. Here we can choose complimentary products. Like for e.g., we give Instant Sambar Mix with a pack of Idli Mix.

c. Buy one get one free...!

This is similar to the above-mentioned scheme, but here we can give the customer a choice of choosing the product of his taste. This as the same advantage as mentioned above.

d. Free gifts:
Another commonly used tool to promote sales is providing free gifts with the packets. Research has shown that for products that are impulse purchases, free gifts play a very important role in boosting sales. Here we can provide items related gifts. For e.g., with a packet of Cake mix we can have a small cake mold or icing sugar free.

e. Free Recipe Book:

We can have a free recipe book with each pack or on the purchase of a certain number of packs.

The recipe book can contain any of the following:

1. Different recipes for the product.

For e.g., with a pack of Pizza Base mix, we can have a recipe book for various toppings that can be had.

2. Recipes by Famous Cooks like ‘Tarla Dalal or Sanjeev Kapoor’. For the same we should
join hands with them.

f. Shelf Space:
According to a few studies conducted, a customer always looks at the items placed at his eye level first. Hence, the products should be placed in the middle shelf, or at the eye contact level.

g. Display:
A special display should be arranged for the Food Bazaar Products. It should highlight the
products and attract the attention of the customers. It should differentiate our products
from the other brands.