Automation improves customer service

abhishreshthaa

Automation improves customer service by providing the following benefits to the customer:

(i) Better product availability

(ii) More accurate invoices

(iii) The ability to reduce stock levels and their associated inventory
carrying costs

(iv) Improved access for information on order status.

Automated order processing systems enhance the firm’s ability to perform all the transaction and post-transaction elements of customer’s service.

Finally, the development of an effective customer service program requires the establishment of customer service standards which perform the following functions:

(i) Reflect the customer’s view point.

(ii) Provide an operational and objective measure of service performance.

(iii) Provide management with cues for corrective action and improvement of customer service.

Management also should measure and evaluate the impact of individual logistics activities such as transportation, warehousing, inventory management, production planning, purchasing and order processing on customer service. Achievements should be reported regularly to the appropriate levels of managers by the employees designated for that purpose.

Management should compare actual performance to standards and take corrective action when performance is inadequate. Timely information is needed for a firm to be efficient and successful. But it is necessary to hold individuals accountable for performance because information alone does not guarantee improved decision making.

The success of a firm is no longer based exclusively on selling products. Instead it is the value added service than can create a differential and sustainable competitive advantage. Logistics can provide such service-based advantage.

Automation improves customer service by providing the following benefits to the customer:

(i) Better product availability

(ii) More accurate invoices

(iii) The ability to reduce stock levels and their associated inventory
carrying costs

(iv) Improved access for information on order status.

Automated order processing systems enhance the firm’s ability to perform all the transaction and post-transaction elements of customer’s service.

Finally, the development of an effective customer service program requires the establishment of customer service standards which perform the following functions:

(i) Reflect the customer’s view point.

(ii) Provide an operational and objective measure of service performance.

(iii) Provide management with cues for corrective action and improvement of customer service.

Management also should measure and evaluate the impact of individual logistics activities such as transportation, warehousing, inventory management, production planning, purchasing and order processing on customer service. Achievements should be reported regularly to the appropriate levels of managers by the employees designated for that purpose.

Management should compare actual performance to standards and take corrective action when performance is inadequate. Timely information is needed for a firm to be efficient and successful. But it is necessary to hold individuals accountable for performance because information alone does not guarantee improved decision making.

The success of a firm is no longer based exclusively on selling products. Instead it is the value added service than can create a differential and sustainable competitive advantage. Logistics can provide such service-based advantage.

Hey friend, i would like to tell you that you are doing very nice work and i really appreciate it. Well, i have also got some important information on Automation improves customer service and would like to share it with you which would help many people here.

Attachments

• CUSTOMER SERVICE.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0