Executive MBA (online) from University18 in collaboration with KSOU

kirbat

Hi All,
Iam Kiran, working in an IT software industry fore more than 10 years. Till now I have been working as lead (Team Leader / Technical Leader).
As to have career growth, I have though of doing EMBA.
I chose online EMBA from University18 in collaboration with Karnataka State Open University. I looked at it, as its recognized by UGC and has less fee structure also. As I have other financial commitments, i have been intending towards this.
Can any one advise me, is it really worth doing EMBA?..will the really boost our career into management area. And please let me know, how valuable is EMBA doing online from University18.

Your suggestions will be much helpful for me.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks and regards,
Kiran

abhishreshthaa

hey kiran,

well i think that EMBA is a wise decision with an aim with carrer growth..

Executive MBA programme provides an opportunity for experiences professionals to obtain a master’s degree in Business Administration on a schedule that minimizes disruption of work and personal pursuits. Such programmes include a cohort class structure that offers a lockstep, planned curriculum in an executive setting. In other words, members of each class begin the programme at the same point, move through the curriculum together, and typically complete the degree requirements for graduation as a group. Executive MBA (EMBA) students are required to complete their degrees in two years or less. During that period, they gain a wide range of new skills and sharpen their analytical abilities by combining coursework with day-to-day professional experience.

A unique aspect of an EMBA programme is the collective professional experience of its participants, which greatly enriches the educational environment. A team approach is often used to allow for the sharing of diverse perspectives on various topics; this interaction results in a challenging, stimulating learning experience that provides for maximum return on time and resources invested. EMBA students possess several years of significant, post-baccalaureate career experience. Most students are sponsored both financially and through release time by their employing organisations, and all continue to work full-time while enrolled in the programme. To ensure optimum benefits to participants and the sponsoring organisations, class size and class structure facilitate close interaction between faculty and participants.

Courses offered in an EMBA programme are normally the same as those taught in traditional MBA programs – accounting, finance, statistics, management, marketing and information systems. However, EMBA courses are enhanced by the extensive professional experience of the participants and are uniquely structured to teach a maximum amount of course material in an accelerated timetable. In addition, senior faculty experienced in teaching and consulting are employed as principal instructors. Once all coursework is satisfactorily completed, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or equivalent is awarded.

HERE ARE some links which i think can help you out...

Part time executive MBA
Executive MBA Vs Full Time MBA
Executive MBA in Calcutta (Kolkata)
Executive MBA in Ahmedabad

Last edited by a moderator:

porterbhakt

Kiran, I think University18 would be a great choice. I've already done my MBA from FMS Delhi, and now will be enrolling for University18 's certificate program in strategy.
They've got Online Virtual Classes, which as far as i know, no one else provides (apart from the IIM's, which are really expensive, and you have to go to a center for those, while U18 does it online at home).
Also, the cost factor is a big plus. their emba is about 28K or so, vs the lakhs you may spend elsewhere.
Given that the Degree is by a govt. university, there should be no doubts about credibility.
But I'm most impressed by their excellent set of faculty.. they;ve got people from IIM C, FMS, IISc. , IIFT etc.. And these faculty are not just there for show..they're teaching online.. and we can interact with them right from our homes.

porterbhakt

P.S you also might want to check out the Alumni of any institute you wish to join. University18 's Online MBA has VP's and CEO's as students.. even though its a fairly newly launched program. That speaks volumes for the quality of the course and teaching.

kirbat

HI Vishnu, Thank you very much for more info. I toll was impressed with the info of their process. I tried to know more info about the one who are doing EMBA there...which might be helpfule more. The info that you mentioned (as few CEO's, VPs are students really speaks the volume of the quality though its newly launched.). Thank you.

Thinker

Hi Kiran,

I have also joinesd the E MBA program at University 18 distance education. I am a telecom professional with 3 years exp.

Good to know you.
:SugarwareZ-143:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Lot of people enrolling in University18 eh :) .. Could you please give some names of VP's and CEO's who graduated from there? The degree's offered are from University of Karnataka though they also have a program in association with IIM C.<br>

kirbat

Nice meeting you too Debajyoti. Please keep in touch and my best wishes for achieving knwoledge and career growth.

University18

A big hello from University18.

Thank you for the interest all of you've shown in our Programs. And yes, I also am happy to note that both Debajyoti and Kiran have already applied for our July 2010 Intake, for the Online Executive MBA Program!

Kartik Sir, I'm happy to see you taking interest in our Programs.. and yes, you're right, our group does have collaborations with IIM Calcutta as well for their Virtual Classroom Programs, amongst many other premier institutes.

As for the EMBA from Karnataka University, Please go through the links below, an see for yourself the Faculty and Student Profiles. I'm sure you'll find them quite upto the level of expectations one may have from an EMBA Program. Our EMBA Program usually draws fairly senior Professionals and Business Leaders, from the best companies around the Nation.

Our classes are conducted live and online, using a very simple to use Online Virtual Classroom platform, and delivered by some of India's sharpest Faculty, from Institutes such as IIM C , IISc. , IIFT, MDI etc.

If any of you have any further queries, do post them in here, and we;ll be happy to respond.

And a big thanks to ManagementParadise for providing us with a great forum to get in touch with Prospective Students.

Regards -

Team University18

vaibhav12345

This is really nice information. i2it pune is one of the popular institutions. It has its varied features and different options to select for the student to join. I would like to share more in isquareit....

Hello sir, my questions is very much genuine. MBA is the best course but, there are numerous institute have opened up which offers MBA but have low value and credibility and thus due to that the value of MBA is fading so, what do you think about it. Especially i am the aspiring student who wants to know about the scope of MBA if pursue from your college.