FACILITY MANAGEMENT IN THE INDIAN CONTEXT

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
MEANING OF FACILITY MANAGEMENT:

Facility management is an interdisciplinary field primarily devoted to the maintenance and care of large commercial or institutional buildings, such as hotels, resorts, schools, office complexes, sports arenas or convention centers. Duties may include the care of air conditioning, electric power, plumbing and lighting systems; cleaning; decoration; groundskeeping and security. Some or all of these duties can be assisted by computer programs.

It is the role of the Facility Management department to coordinate and oversee the safe, secure, and environmentally sound operations and maintenance of these assets in a cost effective manner aimed at long-term preservation of the asset value.

The term "facility management" is similar to "property management" but is typically applied to larger commercial properties where the management and operation of the buildings is more complex.

capco

hi ...can any one help me with notes on facility management on mall management.

Regards

shekar

abhishreshthaa

hi ...can any one help me with notes on facility management on mall management.

Regards

shekar

he shekar, i am attaching some files on Facility Management have a look i hope it can be useful to you.

Attachments

• Facility-Management-India.ppt
    4.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Malls-of-India.ppt
    845 KB · Views: 22

krish27_in

thanks for the presentation. but can anyone help me out to find the statistics of facilities management and its results in banks

krish27_in

hi,
I am doing an MBA project on facilities management in indian private banks. By the time i got the approval for my project synopsis i came to know that Indian banks have to go a long way for the implementation of such a technique in the most reliable ways.Right now im searching for some data/diagrams which can figure out the advantages/achievements banks could get by implementing this. Can anybody help me out to fill my project report.