IELTS or TOEFL?

pscott

Hi, can someone list out the Ps & Qs of taking these tests? Any idea which of these tests most of our peers in India take?

htnhoa

Personally, i would like to choose IELT because you can develop four skill with IELT like Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking. And I think with a short of time for practice, IELT would be more suitable..

pscott

Hi, back here after a long time. Ultimately I ended up taking both the tests. The reason I am here today is because my IELTS Google alert pulled up information on another (new) test called Pearson Test of English Academic. In fact the site (happyschools blog) even gave a comparison table between the three tests. Any idea what's going on?

pscott

Hi, back here after a long time. Ultimately I ended up taking both the tests. The reason I am here today is because my IELTS Google alert pulled up information on another (new) test called Pearson Test of English Academic. In fact the site (happyschools blog) even gave a comparison table between the three tests. Any idea what's going on?

FYI, the site mentioned in the Google Alert was TOEFL vs IELTS vs PTEA

pscott

It gets even better! the Pearson site claims that their test is "endorsed" by GMAT!!! Wotever that means :SugarwareZ-190:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
So whats your GMAT score pscott , which one do you think is the better test to take ?

pscott

Hi Kartik, I dont intend taking the GMAT at all - humanities and arts....:SugarwareZ-208:

How do I get more people to responsd to my question?

Cheers. Pete

dmanager

I guess that one is more UK English focused than the other, so that might be a decisive factor if you're more used to US English for instance.
But the fact that IELTS does not expire would indeed be the decisive factor for me.

arp

British Council and Education UK is holding a Virtual Exhibition (Online Career Fair) for a period of one month from 28 January to 28 February 2010. 18 of top 100 UK Universities will provide information related to various courses, scholarships, admission procedures etc.

Ask questions at the Query Corner directly to the universities.

Live Chat online with representatives of the universities to get first hand information.

Access information on various scholarships provided by the UK institutions.

Virtual Exhibition

Venue: British Council : Virtual Education Fair

bhabha123

Hi,
If you wish to study in UK/Australia/Canada you need to have compulsory Ielts score wid good bands out of 9, where as if u intend to study in USA u can go for IELTS/Toefl as per the uni requirements..

I m an Mba student in London, i hav cleared ielts wid 6.5bands in 2007.

mikey110

hi dear!!
tell you some thing about this subject. what does its requirement to do this. and how much its expensive. i mean can you tell me its expense its net amount. because i want to do IELTS.
Term Papers