10 commandments of investing Commandment 10: Seek professional help If you don't hav

INVESTING today is not just about opening a bank fixed deposit or a public provident fund. With the opening up of the market in all ways, with everything being a function of the market, be it jobs, credit, interest rates, inflation, it's no longer enough to remain in the safe comforts of a bank deposit or government scheme. There are more than 500 financial products to meet your every need and create wealth; the challenge is the pick the right ones. Moneycontrol lays down the '10 commandments of investing' which will help you make that choice.

Commandment 1: You need a goal
To create wealth you need to know why you desire wealth in the first place. Your goal could be:
- Saving up to make the down payment for a home mortgage
- Buying a car
- Saving up for the higher education of children
- Your retirement
Whatever the goal is, once you figure it out there will be a target for you to achieve.
After this, it is as simple as saving your bonus or surplus towards the goal.

Attachments

• 10 commandments of investing.doc
    452 KB · Views: 5

rajanlove

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I have worked out a strategy with lots of market research and experiance i have in stock market. This strategy will workout for evryone and can give them good gains on intraday basis…
Before telling more about this few things shud be kept in mind..since this will work out only if one has trading account with a broker which offers low brokage for FnO segment. Broking charge less than 20rs/lot of nifty can be considered as good.
my recommendations are—
RK global, Rel money, sharekhan
Since I have an experience of more than 7 years in stock market ..i feel that ..if I m not able to get a 15 points gain on intraday ..then my whole experience and research is useless..
I will be posting here every trading day my takes in nifty options..with target of 15 points upside..
My strategy will be fully dependent on following factors—
1) Current market outlook
2) Current market put/call trend
3) Resistance/breaking points
4) Trend of other markets worldwide1: European market
5) Trend of other markets worldwide2: Dow Futures
6) Trend of other markets worldwide3: Asian market
7) Commodity trend 1: gold
8) Commodity trend 2: crude
9) TRIN
10) DMA
11) Conclusion based on any other news hitting the market
12) Market breadth
13) View of senior boarders at MMB
14) Other trends

I will start with an amount of 1 lakh rupees of which 20% shud remain in cash everytime.. that means investment amount will be 80 thousand or say 15 lots ofnifty option. Evrytime a profit of more than 10 thousand occurs. Will increase the no. of lots by 2..while everytime a loss of 10 thousand occurs decrease the no. of lots by 3.

Will be posting my trade maximum of 4 min from the point I take trade.

rajanlove

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Govt's new divestment programme may fetch about Rs 20000cr

The UPA government has cleared the decks for big-bang disinvestment. The Cabinet today ruled that all listed central public sector enterprises would increase public holding to 10% and all unlisted profitable state-owned entities should go public, reports CNBC-TV18’s Anichya Shah.

As reported by CNBC-TV18 earlier, the government has decided to use the proceeds of the disinvestment to meet capital expenditure of the government's social sector programmes, without being routed through national investment fund.

Related News

* Govt may use disinvestment funds to bridge fiscal deficit
* Govt changes stake sale rule to cut fiscal deficit

RSS feed for news Click here

A back-of-the-envelope calculation shows a minimum amount of about USD 4.3 billion (Rs 20,290) crore — this is with a lot of caveats.

The government has said that it will divest and bring about a 10% public shareholding. So, we have only looked at public companies because one cannot analyse the unlisted space.

We looked at public companies with a government holding of 90% and above. We have not looked at the whole bunch that is slightly below 90% odd and we have considered a divestment only to about 90%.

So a company with 95% government ownership would divest about 5%. That is few caveats we are working with.

The tip of the iceberg therefore is just about USD 4.3 billion. This is if the government only divests companies with a holding above 90% and only divested to the 90% mark. It can go ahead and divest a little more or even tap companies where you have government holding anywhere between 50-80% odd.

Company

Govt Stake (%)

Kitty* (Rs Cr)

Andrew Yule

Engineers India

FACT

Haryana Fin

ITDC

Ircon Intl

MMTC

NMDC

Natl Fertilizers

Neyveli Lignite

RCF

Total ============>

*Divestment Up To 90%

The biggest amount possibly be raised by MMTC at about Rs 10,600 crore – Rs 8600 crore by NMDC. We have filtered out companies that made a loss in any of the last three financial years. So these are all profitable companies over the past three financial years and the total sum comes to Rs 20,290 crore or USD 4.3 billion. This is considering an average market capitalisation for the past 365 days.