Difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA

paradise_fan

What is :

B.com is bachelors in commerce

BBI (Bachelors in Banking and Insurance) is a course which lends professionalism to the B.Com course. BBI is a full time course which comprises of 6 semesters i.e 3 years. The programme includes 38 subjects and 2 projects of 100 marks each at the Third year level related to the Banking and Insurance industry which are to be submitted in Semester V and Semester VI respectively.

BMS : Bachelor of Management Studies was introduced by University of Mumbai from the academic year 1999-2000. The objective of the program is to prepare students for middle management positions in various spheres such as marketing, finance, personnel and computers. B.M.S. is a 3-year degree program comprising of 6 semesters and is limited to a batch strength of 60 students per college.

11209521_10152973488688348_5927589237859750606_n.jpg

OBJECTIVES:

To create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit Industry by providing them with suitable trained persons.
To prepare students to exploit opportunities being newly created in the Management Profession.
To provide adequate basic understanding about Management Education among students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree Course in Management Studies shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt + Every eligible candidate has to appear for a common entrance test to be conducted by University of Mumbai for getting admission to this course. Every candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent / affiliated college / recognized institution conducting the course shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

BMM : University of Mumbai introduced the 'Bachelor of Mass Media' course in the year 2000. Duration of course is 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The Course shall consist of 34 Theory papers and 1 project and an internship of 4 weeks duration

BAF : Bachelors in Accounting and Finance. The objective is to create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self- employment and also to benefit the industry by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Accounting & Finance. To prepare students to exploit opportunities, being newly created, in the accounting and finance profession. To provide adequate basic understanding about accounting and finance education among the students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Degree Course shall have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt (45% in case of reserved category). Every Candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent/affiliated college/ recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

B.F.M. (bachelor of financial markets) course is designed to cater to a niche requirement of professionals in financial markets who can analyse debt, equity, capital and commodities markets with a focus on stock trading, equity research and financial analysis.

=========================================================

Future prospects :

B.com : A person doing bcom can take up Chartered accountancy or cost accountancy. He can be a financial analyst or take up CS. He has a variety of options and can explore masters degree in Finance or any of the verticals of his choice.

BAF students can do the same as bcom students but they have specialized skillsets in accounting and finance and hence have an edge. Though subjects of import export trade, commerce etc are neglected.

BBI students can take up banking jobs and fill the gaps or they can do a pg course in finance > banking and insurance and climb higher up the ladder.

BMM students end up taking masters in advertising/ journalism, mass communications or at a production house or journalists.

BMS students learn almost 80 % of what is taught in first year of MBA and the obvious choice is to take up mba or take a management trainee position in a reputed company. Exceptions are few of some who start their own ventures.

I'm tired of typing and research. If this helped you, press thanks and make meaningful comments. I hope it inspires you to create your own threads to help others
:kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is :

B.com is bachelors in commerce

BBI (Bachelors in Banking and Insurance) is a course which lends professionalism to the B.Com course. BBI is a full time course which comprises of 6 semesters i.e 3 years. The programme includes 38 subjects and 2 projects of 100 marks each at the Third year level related to the Banking and Insurance industry which are to be submitted in Semester V and Semester VI respectively.

BMS : Bachelor of Management Studies was introduced by University of Mumbai from the academic year 1999-2000. The objective of the program is to prepare students for middle management positions in various spheres such as marketing, finance, personnel and computers. B.M.S. is a 3-year degree program comprising of 6 semesters and is limited to a batch strength of 60 students per college.

OBJECTIVES:

To create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit Industry by providing them with suitable trained persons.
To prepare students to exploit opportunities being newly created in the Management Profession.
To provide adequate basic understanding about Management Education among students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree Course in Management Studies shall have passed XII Std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt + Every eligible candidate has to appear for a common entrance test to be conducted by University of Mumbai for getting admission to this course. Every candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent / affiliated college / recognized institution conducting the course shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

BMM : University of Mumbai introduced the 'Bachelor of Mass Media' course in the year 2000. Duration of course is 6 Semesters spread over 3 years. The Course shall consist of 34 Theory papers and 1 project and an internship of 4 weeks duration

BAF : Bachelors in Accounting and Finance. The objective is to create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self- employment and also to benefit the industry by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Accounting & Finance. To prepare students to exploit opportunities, being newly created, in the accounting and finance profession. To provide adequate basic understanding about accounting and finance education among the students.

ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Degree Course shall have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate at first attempt (45% in case of reserved category). Every Candidate admitted to the Degree Course in the Constituent/affiliated college/ recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.

B.F.M. (bachelor of financial markets) course is designed to cater to a niche requirement of professionals in financial markets who can analyse debt, equity, capital and commodities markets with a focus on stock trading, equity research and financial analysis.

=========================================================

Future prospects :

B.com : A person doing bcom can take up Chartered accountancy or cost accountancy. He can be a financial analyst or take up CS. He has a variety of options and can explore masters degree in Finance or any of the verticals of his choice.

BAF students can do the same as bcom students but they have specialized skillsets in accounting and finance and hence have an edge. Though subjects of import export trade, commerce etc are neglected.

BBI students can take up banking jobs and fill the gaps or they can do a pg course in finance > banking and insurance and climb higher up the ladder.

BMM students end up taking masters in advertising/ journalism, mass communications or at a production house or journalists.

BMS students learn almost 80 % of what is taught in first year of MBA and the obvious choice is to take up mba or take a management trainee position in a reputed company. Exceptions are few of some who start their own ventures.

I'm tired of typing and research. If this helped you, press thanks and make meaningful comments. I hope it inspires you to create your own threads to help others :kiss:
hey thank you very much this was the best blog i could find..but one more question if i take commerce is there a chance to do bms and baf at the same time like a double degree...?

I am a BMM student AND with this quite systematic and easy to understand. Thank you so much this is very useful for me and keep posting such important information.

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am a BMM student AND with this quite systematic and easy to understand. Thank you so much this is very useful for me and keep posting such important information.

I see that you have completed BMM. It would be great if you would share a real life experience for BMM course and how its difference from BAF, BFM, BBI, BMS, BBA etc. Look forward to hear from you. :bounce:

I see that you have completed BMM. It would be great if you would share a real life experience for BMM course and how its difference from BAF, BFM, BBI, BMS, BBA etc. Look forward to hear from you. :bounce:

Hey Anjali,

I will share some very much interesting and important facts about it. In other courses theories is given more importance but, In BMM theories is just to score marks in real world it do not play any role. BMM is all about creativity and it provides you full freedom to choose your career. In other fields you have only one or two choice but in BMM you get myriads of options like advertising, PR, Journalism , Media buying and planning and so on. This is one of the best courses available for the students who think out of the blue.You can explore yourself and all the subjects are easy and interesting. Hope you got my point.

You can ask me whatever you have doubts, feel free to contact.

As I have already elucidated in depth knowledge on BMM. You can easily recognized the difference between B.Com, B.A.F, B.F.M, B.B.I, BMS, BBA. B.com is basically pursue if you wanted to go for CA and CS. BFM is best when you are exceptionally well with finance related topics and mind it, it has scope which none other courses offer.But, the only thing which matter is what you have to do and what you have to achieve in your life. If your aim is concise then you are inevitable.

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
So the latest trends are out.

The most number of students opt for BMS and the course is quite impactful. The best brains take admissions in this course.

The second best is BAF which is also the fastest growing course. Students are taking up BAF as an alternative to b.com. BAF has a lot of course syllabus borrowed from CA, CFP, CFA, ICWA

BBI has seen a backward trend in terms of growth. The course has been shut down at various colleges.

BFM is for students who have decided they want to go into financial markets for sure. After completing the course, most students opt for a course by BSE India.

BMM is the worst of the lot. It's the most practical course with very little focus on academics. The success of a BMM student completely lies on his own creativity and potential.

Himanshi Agarwal

B.Com - A Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree in Business, usually awarded in Canada, Australia, India, Pakistan, Ireland, New Zealand, Ghana, South Africa, Myanmar and other Commonwealth countries; however, the degree is no longer offered in the United Kingdom.

Himanshi Agarwal

B.A.F - Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) is a three-year undergraduate course that offers in-depth knowledge in accounting and financial subjects by different means such as classroom teachings, seminars, projects, practical training, industrial visits, conferences, expert talks, etc.

Himanshi Agarwal

B.b.i - Bachelor of Banking & Insurance (BBI) is a three-year undergraduate course divided into six semesters. ... BBI not only covers the subjects from the banking field but also covers various subjects of commerce, and communication skills.

Himanshi Agarwal

B.M.S - Bachelor of Management Studies or BMS is an undergraduate program for management studies offered by many universities throughout the world. The course allows you to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to assume management positions in a wide range of organizations.

Himanshi Agarwal

B.B.A -
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA or B.B.A.) is a bachelor's degree in business administration.

In the United States, the degree is conferred after four years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations. In Europe, the degree is conferred after three years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations. The BBA program usually includes general business courses and advanced courses for specific concentrations.