OldProjectsData

Project on Credit Rating Industry in India !!

Excerpt from the project :

The Ratings industry in India has been built up to its present position over a period of fifteen years. Over the years, credit ratings have evolved into a 90-crore market, with four agencies providing rating services, and significant pull from investors for the product. The ratings business in India has seen three phases. During the first of these phases, as described above, there was no experience of credit ratings, and virtually no awareness, on the part of investors and issuers.

The second phase saw the advent of regulatory support for credit ratings, with the introduction and increasing rigour of regulations covering primarily the markets for public issue of debt and for fixed deposits. Aimed at protecting smaller investors, these measures also amounted to regulatory recognition of the role of credit ratings and the quality of the effort put in till then, in estimating credit quality. With these measures, credit ratings rapidly passed out of the arcane realm of high finance, and into the lexicon of the individual market participant. This phase also saw the arrival of competition, in the form of other domestic agencies entering the market.

Attachments

• The Ratings industry in India has been built up to its present position over a.doc
    621 KB · Views: 507

kumarkga

hi All

Can anyone help me to get a project on credit card industry in India??? I am doing my PGDBA from Welingker institute.

Regards
Gaurav

mchetna

hi
i am currently working on my final projct "credit rating agencies in the indian capital mrkt"
if some1 could provide me current information on the same,the help would be much appreciated.
thnks

irc_mba

A credit rating estimates the credit worthiness of an individual, corporation, or even a country. It is an evaluation made by credit bureaus of a borrower’s overall credit history.[1] A credit rating is also known as an evaluation of a potential borrower's ability to repay debt, prepared by a credit bureau at the request of the lender Black's Law Dictionary. Credit ratings are calculated from financial history and current assets and liabilities. Typically, a credit rating tells a lender or investor the probability of the subject being able to pay back a loan. However, in recent years, credit ratings have also been used to adjust insurance premiums, determine employment eligibility, and establish the amount of a utility or leasing deposit

mgmtfreak

Hey idd u do any project in CARE or CRISIL?? I need it urgently.. how they funciton and basically how do they generate revenue??

sdhawal83

good work.. thanks for the content. good work.. thanks for the content. good work.. thanks for the content. good work.. thanks for the content.