which one is more important...goals u hv set...or the paths u follow

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
I think the goals we have set matters most ...if we are sure of the goals we want to achieve...it clears our mind...and gives us the paths or the directions that need to be followed for achieving those goals....

lov_rajiv

it raises question of morality and the extent up to which and individual can go ...... its a really personal question and ppl should depending on the situation should take rational view on it.....goals shows how ambitious u r and what u want from ur life but the path which u hv taken to achieve this shows ur character ur moral n ethical values n how much u respect institutions

gurpreetsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think goals are very much important. Our goals are important for our success. If we will clearly identify our goals then only we can decide the path which we should follow to achieve them. I think both are interconnected, Goals make us choose which path we must follow to achieve our ultimate goal. Without any clear specified goals we cannot choose a right path and every path have its ultimate goal. The thing which is different in selecting a path without any goal is that till the end we are not clear about what we are doing and what ultimately we will achieve. And without proper path we cannot achieve our goals.
So i think both are important and are related to each other.

Kelvin Sovi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
First we set goals and then seek the right path that leads us tour goals. Our goals must be noble. The end does not justify the means, so our path must be noble as well.

sanjogs

Actually goal and path are the same. Dont jump on me right away. Pls think. Reason being that the goal gets altered based on path you follow. e.g if making money is your goal and you take any path (i.e not so legal for eg) then goal or result gets altered as "made money by fraud". So goal and path kind of become synonymous. :SugarwareZ-182:

shivapillai

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There is a popular saying:
Journey is more important than the Destination...
However, if you don't know your destination, what is the point of going on a journey.
There are infinite number of lines which can pass through a SINGLE point...
but if you have 2 points, only a single line can connect them.. these 2 points are
1. The place where you are right now, and
2. The Goal you have set for yourself...

the line that connects 1 & 2 is the path you follow

sadananda_pvc

Hello,
If you can understand this,
Practice doesn't make you perfect.
Perfect Practice make you Perfect.

I hope you have got your answer, which one is more important.

Remember,
Attitude decides Winner.

How can we differentiate Path and Goal?
I want to be an IAS officer. I saw this dream in 8th grade. So, this is my goal and to complete my 12th and do graduation with a coaching for UPSC exams is my path.
Thousands are walking on the path shown by Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and Dalai Lama. They do not have goals, but people like there preaching’s, accept there thoughts.
Imagine a story... It was around 10pm late night waiting for a bus to go home. I just withdraw cash from ATM since I have goal of paying rent tomorrow morning. Somehow, few morons were shadowing me from ATM machine till Bus stop. They have a goal to rob me. I have 3 options, either to give them whatever I have, or I argue or start running till I get help.
Ok. So what should be my goal? Or what should be my path?
I think my goal can be... hmm... Do I have enough time to think of Goal? Or I follow path, which I am following?
Am I sounding like I want answer regarding Goal VS Decisions?

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
How can we differentiate Path and Goal?
I want to be an IAS officer. I saw this dream in 8th grade. So, this is my goal and to complete my 12th and do graduation with a coaching for UPSC exams is my path.
Thousands are walking on the path shown by Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and Dalai Lama. They do not have goals, but people like there preaching’s, accept there thoughts.
Imagine a story... It was around 10pm late night waiting for a bus to go home. I just withdraw cash from ATM since I have goal of paying rent tomorrow morning. Somehow, few morons were shadowing me from ATM machine till Bus stop. They have a goal to rob me. I have 3 options, either to give them whatever I have, or I argue or start running till I get help.
Ok. So what should be my goal? Or what should be my path?
I think my goal can be... hmm... Do I have enough time to think of Goal? Or I follow path, which I am following?
Am I sounding like I want answer regarding Goal VS Decisions?

see if you want to be an IAS..That is your goal
and u attend the upsc exams to follow your goal...agreed..!!!

but see there can be more than 2 ways also...you can bribe and make fake certificate and become an IAS also..

so now u have 1 goal and 2 paths...
now you need to decide what is more important to u...

the goal to become an IAS officer by hook or crook..

OR

the path u choose..(on morality grounds)...this would mean you would give up if you dont pass the exam...

Last edited:

sadananda_pvc

see if you want to be an IAS..That is your goal
and u attend the upsc exams to follow your goal...agreed..!!!

but see there can be more than 2 ways also...you can bribe and make fake certificate and become an IAS also..

so now u have 1 goal and 2 paths...
now you need to decide what is more important to u...

the goal to become an IAS officer by hook or crook..

OR

the path u choose..(on morality grounds)...this would mean you would give up if you dont pass the exam...

Vikram Bhai,
Do not use such controversial examples or statements.
We're either from Well Cultured Ground or trying to become an Honest Human Being, thats why, here we're sharing ONLY
good things...........

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
Sadananda bhai..
not trying to create any controversies man...!!!
was just explaining the point...with a different perspective

anyways thanks for the reply though...

Last edited:

flatliner

the goals you have set are more important than the paths you choose.
you are identified because of your achievements and not based on how you achieved 'em.

grail

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the path one follows is more important.... if u follow a path that does not feel right, the goal does not provide the satisfaction that it should.........