Management education is must for success in life

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
Management education is must for success in life....

In management we learn leadership,,planning,,,co-ordination etc...

Do you think management education is necessary to be successful professionally and personally...??

Share your views...

i don't think so...

there are other ways of developing those skills.... and more over the old example of "number of ceos' of fortune 500 organizations only a dozen have MBAs"

archana agarwal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
No, I don't think so that management education is a must for success in life.. We can see that many of big and successful personalities like J.R.D. Tata, Dhirubhai Ambani, Birla, Kfc owner, Lizzat papad owner, Bill gates, etc.. did not went to any b-schools but then too they were and are so successful in life. And the biggest example can be of "Mumbai Dabbawalas". Most of the people working there won't be properly educated but still they are managing their work very well and they are called the Management gurus.. So from this i can conclude that Management education is not a must for success in life but for sure it helps you gain proper knowledge or U can say it adds spark to ur wisdom and gives u a proper direction..

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
You know I was reading some articles few days back and all of them made one strong point. Management is not something that can be learnt just by reading books. Management is an attitude which comes with numerous trial and errors that enhance your gut feel and instincts.

None of the worlds billionaires are MBA's , but they handle corporations with thousands of employees and have phenomenal profits month on month and year on year.

Management comes with not only learning from others mistakes, but making your own by taking risks.

raptorhertz

Eagerness to learn and implement, Good social IQ, in sync with other basic requisites, would surely make a better manager

Shailee

It's definitely not a must for success in life, though it may help smoothen the way in a corporate career. There's so much more to life than a career.

bals

i do not agree with you, i do not think that to be successful in life one must have management degree, has it been the key factor to become successful in life Dheerubhai Ambani and LK Mittal would have not at this positions.

shivapillai

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am of the opinion that Management is a key to success in life.. but, mind you, it is not the ONLY key.. rather, it is ONE OF THE KEYS to success.
People are writing about Ambanis, Mittals, Tatas making it big without Management Education. Like I had written in my earlier post, we are no longer living in the era of Ambanis & Tatas... What they had achieved, they had achieved decades ago...
Today the world has changed, and so has the mindset of the people.
Without Management Education, it would be extremely difficult (though not impossible) to succeed in life..

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Being Successful in life doesn't require to be highly educated. Success can mean rich, happy, satisfies, good business or good job. To be one of this, a person is not required to be a management graduate. There are so many millionaires and billionaires who are successful but they are not management graduates.