Advertisement - More Laugh, More Vulgar, More...

shivapillai

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The new world of advertisement cometh!
It is war of the words and thoughts and brains to not just capture the market but also the minds of the consumers.
The advertisements of today are far far-sighted than what it used to be before. Come to think about the following ads:
- Mentos! Dimaag ki batti jalae.. perhaps the best ad concepts are used here... be it the college student coming late for the class or the donkey which feels bad for not eating that damned mint
- Happy Dent... sick ads but funny though.. a pack of buffaloes eat them and the whole forest glows in the dark.. how insane.. how ridiculous
- Ye toh bada TOING hai... I still don't know what is the meaning of the word Toing and what exactly is it referring to: the underwear, the seductive lady or ...
- The Deodrant ads... man o man, they've got so much better, i wonder what has cleavage to do with the Deo which is more commonly used for underarms.. anyways, the admakers might know the answer
- Colgate: they sucked big time earlier, the suck big time now, and almighty knows they'll suck big time in the future... however, kids like to see these ads
- Pepsodent.. colgate is a one notch better than this craps

My Best Ad:
AIRTEL
and I also have a special liking for Vodafone (ZooZoo was a good magic trick)
and of course, Virgin Mobile

hawk31981

there do exist adverts of earlier times that meet the same criteria it is just that we probably do not connect to them bcoz they were targeted to the specific consumers of those times

gjardosh

Talking about the advertisements we see today are result of broadmindedness of people and rise in acceptance levels, the ad that u have mentioned of VIP ...yeh toh bada toing hain.was a cleevr one they were able to convey the main message behind the ad without being specific

Apart from the My all time favourite ads were from house of Pidilite for FEVICOL..I remember one of their print ads where they had joined the north pole and north pole ans south pole to south pole using fevicol....excellent concept.

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well advertisers make al kinda funny n weird ones..just to grab our attention frm thousands of other ads in the run

gurpreetsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well advertisement are made attractive because no one out of us want to see the advertisement in between any movies, match or serial so ad companies work hard on making advertisements more attractive and full of fun and something serious and now a new trend of advertisements has also started and that is putting social problems with advertisements like advertisement of TATA tea and I.T.C's notebooks both have social meaning and now latest on is from HP which focuses on environment friendly products.

Advertisements are something which should be attractive and eye catching little bit of anything is allright. Now India is broad minded and its not be called as vulgarity so

JUST ENJOY ADVERTISEMENTS
My favorite ad is of TATA Tea

ramsharma88888

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Advertisement exist to sell products which pays for them at the end of the day . I think the only consideration should be the social sensibilities of the local community . Even sex sells in ads so why not ??

raiv88

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Axe ads were one of the best ad that u could see.
Unilever's most selling product.
Some people just see the so called clevage in that but as a management studu u need to understand the funda behind it.
The ad used sigmund freud theory of personality.

One of the main reason why it appealed to the masses(male).

grail

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
its about catching the eye, if you can make an audience who is surfing at the speed of 40 channels/minute, then the ad is worth the money!..... whatever may the content be.... remember the "center shock" ad!!!

abhishreshthaa

well even i understand that advertisement are made with a motive that it should remain in the minds of viewers for a longer time, but i also want to include that we would have to accept it that yes now a days advertisement have really took vulgar way aren't simple and sober and advt with some messages are easy to remember??? like of RAYMOND'S??

neerajchauhan

Neeraj K Chauhan
The advertisement's main moto is to make it's product known to its customer, some adds tag lines make you laugh and some adds dialogs make you think about the product. Not necessarily they all are vulgar, there are lots of creative ads as well, like "Birla Cement"