My College Rocks !!

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks Maxy!
Can U tell me what are these posts which come under our user name like......... Active Manager or pro-active manager and what is this complete sequence?

MAXDROIT

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
shilpa.....pls dont post these queries in this section.........post ur queries in GARAGE section........

well ur status changes according to the post u make......thrs a limit whch whn u cross ur status chchnages accordingly.........

plzz do post ur queries in GARGAGE section........

ashrita

even deepika and vishal didnt get points review their post.........and my college ROCKS ............................max posts for it!

6.vinay

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey kartik........... boss thanks for that big 50 ...:SugarwareZ-191:

im happy that i made u smile:bigsmile:

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ashrita said:
even deepika and vishal didnt get points review their post.........and my college ROCKS ............................max posts for it!

hey dear...i got my points loooooooong back the day i postd....kartik wil give deepika also.soon..if he hasnt

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
shilpisri2000 said:
Hi Kartik,

How much I got? I can't find the message for same.
Please advise.

Regards,
Shilpi

hey dear...u wont get a msg for the same..it wil b added directly on 2 ur total points...n if u knew how much it was...u must hv realised tht it is added...( if kartik has added) otherwise ull get thm asap

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Please use Private messages for personal communication.

Avoid stepping aside from the topic.

50 points were added @ shilpi

Hope this thread continues with the reviews and not questions that can be dealth with PM's

ruvi_143

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
THIS IS ALL DAT I KNOW ABOUT MY COLLEGE.............

L.S.RAHEJA COLLEGE OF ART AND COMMERCE

AS THE NAME SUGGESTSWEVE GOT ARTS AND COMMERCE AS THE 2 STREAMS BUT NOW AS WEVE GOT BMS BMM BBI AND BFA AS ITS PARALLEL COURSES TOO. WEVE GOT A FEW ANIMATION COURSES TOO COMING UP........ANY1 INTERESTED......COME TO COLLEGE..........FOR THAT.........

LOCATION": SANTACRUZ- SAY 14 RS BY RICK FROM THE STN. OR 4 RS BY BUS......NEXT TO AIR INDIA GARDEN

INFRASTRUCTURE: ITS A HUGE BLUE BLDG WITH MANY CLASSROOMS AND 2 HUGE GROUNDS AND A GYMKHANA AND 4 FLOORS.

FACULTY: AS FAR IS BMS IS CONCERNED ITS VERY GOOD AND PROFESSIONAL.................THOUGH HALF OF THEM ARE A PART OF THE OUTSIDE FACULTY

CANTEEN: ITS VERY SAD......THERZ ONE BOARD WHICH STATED "SILENCE PLEASE"

LIBRARY: ITS GOOD, PRETTY HUGE AND WELL MAINTAINED AS WELL AS UPDATED.....................I FEEL ITS THE BEST PART OF MY COLLEGE

FESTIVALS: AS FAR AS BMS IS CONCERNED WEVE GOT 2

PRERNA- ITS A MANAGEMENT SEMINAR- UL BE UPDATED BOUT IT IN THE COLLEGE FORUM WHENVER ITS HELD

LE MELANGE- ANNUAL FESTIVAL

(THE ABOVE MATTER IS ALL DAT I KNOW ABOUT RAHEJA)

OH YA WEVE GOT AIR CONDITIONERS ADDED IN THE BMS BMM BBI BFA CLASSROOMS AND WEVE GOT 4 COOLERS. COOOOOL NA

HOW MUCH DO I GET?

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
40 points to u @ Ruvi ..............

Add stuff about the faculty, learning process and the negatives and get the rest 10 :)

ruvi_143

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
L.S.RAHEJA COLLEGE, SANTACRUZ.........CONTD

FACULTY:

PERMANENT
Abhijit M. Padte
Sr.Lecturer and Head Of Department - Mathematics & Statistics
He teaaches stats and computers and is the onli individual who truly rocks and is definitely inspiratiponal and motivational and is a role model of many of the students.

Meghna Tuli- the principal and teaches a number of subjects

subbarao, ravneet, and a few more

LEARNING PROCESS:

SAME AS OTHER BMS COLLEGES

amitlahoti

hey i m again explaining my experience of Raheja College(BMS)...its a good college in studies, good faculty, fine infrastructure, canteen's food is very nice, best festival "Le Melange", very good crowd, etc.

but the negativity is that there is no professionalism as such. lectures keeps on cancelling everyday...permanent faculty never comes on time for lectures, it is only the visiting faculty which is very good...n saying overall its fine...not that gr8 as people perceive it.

monamundra

well kartik...i m from "l.s.raheja college",santacruze....to start with my college has got a seperate b.m.s. area consisting of b.m.s. office and 3 classes which i think is really less...the visiting faculties are really very good...some of them are
sameer virani for "ssi"-S.Y.B.M.S.
SUBURRAO SIR WHO IS MY FAVOURITE FOR PQM
LUKU SANIYAL WHO IS AN EXCELLENT TEACHER FOR PR
MUNSHI FOR EXIM
SHEHZAD SIR WHO THOUGH IS PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED(SURDAS) BUT TEACHES US FANTASTICALLY
OUR B.M.S. CO -ORDINATOR
MISS MEGHANA TULI WHO IS VERY FRANK AND FRIENDLY....THATS WAT I WANT TO SAY TILL NOW.........

hemang

hey i don want to specify tat my college rocks because i know that it the best college in the whole world,the faculty,fun studies & every thing there jus simply Freezes the souls of others

well my college name is
L.S.Raheja College

as im the IT head of the festival of my college Le Melange i have written this article on my own & not cut copy pated so dont deduct my points

About Raheja

The Sadhana Education Society's L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce was set-up in June, 1980. It is located at at Santa Cruz (West) and has virtually become the cornerstone for academic excellence. The building is well equipped with large lecture halls, tutorial rooms, library cum-reading room, canteen, communication gallery, health centre, audiovisual room, a full-fledged computer centre and an auditorium. The College also has a gurukul- a unique open air classroom pioneered by the students of Raheja.

The Sadhana Education Society, which was established in 1961, is a pioneering educational society in Mumbai. It set up the L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce in June, 1980 with a generous financial support from philanthrophists. From a tiny acorn, it has grown into a mighty oak tree.

Plan your work, work your plan is the dictum of the College. This motivates the staff and students at the College to read the word IMPOSSIBLE as I'M POSSIBLE!!

Mannu

I think, Icfai National College where I studied and got placed as Manager Trainee in an infrastructure MNC for 32K pounds, is very cost-effective and reasonably good in quality MBA.

Their placement record is also good.

What I noticed comparatively at IIM-A, IIM-B,IIM-K, MDI, ISB and Icfai National College was that the last one had superior research stuff.

They are bringing out 56 journals and 41 magazines devoted to management studies and all domain related topics based on corporate experiences.

The case studies and live projects, I had seen, were far superior to the big IIM guys.

The fee of Rs 2-3 lakh is very cost-effective.

It's value for money.

If one is an intelligent guy and hard-working, I would say in league with my pals that Icfai National College is the best from good quality and cost-effectiveness perspectives.

They started out not so well but during the last three years, they have matured superiorly by bringing real corporate, banking, financial services and Defence VRS talents to management filed.

One of my chaps, who had studied their derivative books and attended few development programs held for faculty, really got a good cool offer in the UK for a Rs 45 lakh.

Wow! If this chap from Bhopal Icfai National College could make it with just Rs 2 lakh fee this 2007 summer, I think we give a try for this new kid on the MBA block.

My folks at other Icfai units tell that it's a self-reliant confederate of 386 management education and research institutions, the largest of it's kind in the country.

It doesn't beg anyone for funds, thatz what I came to know these days.

Grooming summer internship program (SIP) as an innovative approach to pre-employment training and setting it as a new agenda for managerial success, the National College had reportedly instituted three national awards which aim to inspire the MBA final-year students to become innovators and make a successful voyage from apprenticeship to administration.

The intern awards did not simply advance evolution of young managerial skills or give incremental improvements to existing student talents.

They were designed to spark a revolution in creating the successful manager debutant especially when the booming banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) industry needed innovation the most during hard times, not good times.

If this new kiddie, National College, demonstrated that interns acted with newfound intelligence, agility and speed to help BFSI gain control over innovation and created a new breed of managers and their radical cultures of creativity -------- I think, we sit back and coolly think are the currency notes we burn for big league worth it ?

punit_87

Hey pple...I finished my SYBMS frm H.R. College...All set to enter TYBMS...

My 2 years in HR has been a pretty decent ride...It has gven me immense knwoledge in d past 2 years....

n i believe d kinda college u r in n d kinda pple u be wit makes a hell lotta difference....As all of us knw tht HR is arguibly d best BMS College if not d best in sum of ur books.....I wuld jus like to emphasize on sum of d best aspcts of HR which sets HR as a class part frm other colleges

- Fest Fever
HR BMS participates in atleast 5 fests a year for sure (NM - Drishti, Jai Hind - Talash, Lala's - Tsunami, Bhavans - Manzeal, Aaroh - Xavier's) n wins all of dem....It has an unbeatable record for d las 7 years n it has won '15 Fests' consecutively

- Brand Name
Bcoz of excellent industrial relations, faculty, a one of its kind event n a massive succesful record in Fests...HR is d best BMS College :)

- Faculty
Venky, Bhatt, Ramki n many more emminent industrial stalwarts make it sooooo damn interestin n practical for students

- Industrail Relations n Placements
HR is fortunate n proud to hav excellent corpoate relations n a placement record...Since its located in Twn (Churchgate)...most corporate biggies come to HR to recruit students....

Actually I hav lots mo to add but ill leave it at dis..lol....All i can say is tht m fortunate to be in d best BMS College (factually n recognized)..

Cheers

Hey pple...I finished my SYBMS frm H.R. College...All set to enter TYBMS...

My 2 years in HR has been a pretty decent ride...It has gven me immense knwoledge in d past 2 years....

n i believe d kinda college u r in n d kinda pple u be wit makes a hell lotta difference....As all of us knw tht HR is arguibly d best BMS College if not d best in sum of ur books.....I wuld jus like to emphasize on sum of d best aspcts of HR which sets HR as a class part frm other colleges

- Fest Fever
HR BMS participates in atleast 5 fests a year for sure (NM - Drishti, Jai Hind - Talash, Lala's - Tsunami, Bhavans - Manzeal, Aaroh - Xavier's) n wins all of dem....It has an unbeatable record for d las 7 years n it has won '15 Fests' consecutively

- Brand Name
Bcoz of excellent industrial relations, faculty, a one of its kind event n a massive succesful record in Fests...HR is d best BMS College

- Faculty
Venky, Bhatt, Ramki n many more emminent industrial stalwarts make it sooooo damn interestin n practical for students

- 'Event'
Now since HR believes in doin things differently, v don host a 'regular' Festival wher u hav Dance FS or even 'games like carrom n TT' :0 for tht mater....Instead v chose to hav an event of one of its kind called 'PimeTime' - Its an Advertising, Media n Entertainment Event

where AV's made by students on current issues (Radio Boom, Humor in Advertisng etc)r shown n 'Debates or held on current issues (Cricket or Bollywood Bigger Religion?, Sequels n Remakes,Ethics in Business etc) where stalwarts frm Corporate, Entertianment, Ad world come n talk.....Las year 76 celebrities had turned up :)

- Industrail Relations n Placements
HR is fortunate n proud to hav excellent corpoate relations n a placement record...Since its located in Twn (Churchgate)...most corporate biggies come to HR to recruit students....

- Crowd
Ummm der's a misconception bout 'townies or town colleges' which i wuld like to clear....The fact of d matter is tht BMS is an influx of pple comin frm various other colleges....so its not jus 'townies'...n 2ndly since its d best college den obv u hav d smarter intelligent n a lot mo open minded lot....Hence der's mo scope for creativity as students frm diff cultures present their views

- Canteen
Yummy Yummy Yummy....tht sayz it all

Actually I hav lots mo to add but ill leave it at dis..lol....All i can say is tht m fortunate to be in d best BMS College (factually n recognized)..

Cheers

Archie

well i can say one thing.. my college rocks too........:SugarwareZ-299:

Name: ADMIS ... which is short for Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute For Financial and Management Studies

Courses Offered: BMS, MMS, MFSM

Faculty: The faculty is geat, with our co-ordinatopr being Prof. M.B.Thakur, who is high;y qualified and has 3 MBA degrees to boot, he is tooo good at teaching n goes into the practical aspect of dat he teaches, n Prof. Devidas Glohar, another teacher who really knows his job, n we hav Prof. Sanjeev Thakur and many other visiting faculty like Prof. Aswani, Captain DAgaunkar, Prof. Mahendra Parihar n many opthers who are all good at teaching and are always happy to help students.

Infrastructure: We have good air-conditioned comfortable classrooms n an amazing campus.. u jus have to see it to believe it..one of the most beautiful campuses ive set foot on.

Students: The cowd is fairly good, though not a large crowd since our is only a management college. The MMS and MFSM students are really good, and the BMS students need a little polishing. But overall.. the student quality is not bad. The only problem *according to me* is that all students are given admission, i mean anyone who wants to BMS, there's no P.I or G.D n now dat the ccee is scrapped, i dont think the quality of students is likely to improve "fingers crossed*. The admission procedure for MMS and MFSM is better in my opinion.

N ya.... we have great industrial visits... two or three in a year:SugarwareZ-191:

All in all... my college roxxxx!!!!

yk_srk

Hey guyz...I m doing MBA from NIT kurukshetra

i do believe that college, campus, students in the campus, classes, facluty, all make a great degree of difference...for i m lucky to get into NIT for an mba programme, simply itz amazing,.here goes the list of some aspects describing ma college, nt

Brand Name:
the tag of NIT in itself is a brand in itself, and even in nits, nitk is really sought after.

Faculty:
apart from the campus faculty, nit gets visiting as well as gues faculty from various iit's as well as industry. even last month president abdul kalam also visited the campus

Industrail Relations n Placements:
students of nitk has enjoyed good placements for many years. average package for a b.tech student is around Rs. 3.5 lakhs.

Events:
every department in nitk brings out its own events, like there is electronika from electronics, phoneix from civil, and so on. apart from this we have national level annual events like confluence, literati, utkarsh etc.

Crowd
there is often a misconception about the small town college crowd, but as NIT is one of the premiers institutes in India, therefore it does get students from all starta of society, thus making a great crowd.

Canteen
delicious food, unimaginable prices, not to forget the dhabas just outside the first gate, and ofcourse the corner sutta shop...