PR race

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
Hello MPites...lets enrich our knowledge on PR by discussing the various companies strategies for public relations...every week one company will be discussed...

Lets start off with:

What exactly do you understand of PR.

According to me Public relation is a strategy used by the companies to develop a rapport with customers, employees, stake holders and also public in general...it is done to project a good image of the company in the minds of the people...

Now guys you can throw some more light on the same....

Kirtisoni

MP Guru
Hello MPites...lets enrich our knowledge on PR by discussing the various companies strategies for public relations...every week one company will be discussed...

Lets start off with:

According to me Public relation is a strategy used by the companies to develop a rapport with customers, employees, stake holders and also public in general...it is done to project a good image of the company in the minds of the people...

Public Relation is a process of manageing the flow of information between the company and its customers/public.

Its all about the reputation of the firm. PR is a double edge sword can be used to bulid or kill you.It's the result of what you do, what you say, and what others say about you.

PR aims at earning understanding and support and influencing opinion and behaviour. ...

Guys I'm looking forward to set a discussion on the the great PR gUys at ADAG company who are handling the current gas agenda, influencing public via newspaper these days.

Lets understand their PR's motto behind this. :SugarwareZ-062:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
PR is a companies best recourse to create or protect controversies.

As it happens with most movies, film stars pairing up with each other just to promote a movie is one aspect of PR.

The other aspect is in crisis like the recent one that happened with TATA's for their TAJ line of hotels during the terrorist attacks.

Bisleri, Coke, Cadburys are examples of brands that survived through bad phases due to effective PR.

PR in the public domain would also target campaigns like "Balbir Pasha" AID's awareness campaign or the pulse polio ones.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

Lets start off with:

Hey Vikram lets understand what is more effective...as this question just poped into my mind now

ADVERTISING OR PR​

the Persuasive, Informative,Rememorative or the Comparative Advertising v/s the Public Relations Tools like the News, Speeches, Special Events, Written Material, Audiovisual Material, Corporate Identity excercise or others like social websites, WOM.

Advertising has an extremely wide reach and thus, is one of the most effective tools of marketing.

its expressive nature enables it to strongly influence the consumer.

As against this, the quality of the news, the features of the product it highlights, the placement of this news piece when media relations is used for PR, are all beyond the control of an organization.

Advertising also allows a control over the place, time, duration, and repetition; contrary to PR.

Advertising, in itself implies paid ways of generating positivity in the market about a product.

As against this, PR deals with building long-term relationships and promoting a positive image of the company. PR relates to the unpaid ways of 'being in news'. Thus, the cost incurred for the process of advertising is much higher as compared to that required for building strong public relations.

Both advertising and public relations can be used as tools for branding. It is important to remember that advertising or public relations, alone will never comprise of the marketing strategy of an organization for its product.

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
completely agreeing with the point made by you kalpana...i would just like to add something to it...

when people read an advertisement or watch one....they know that the company is trying to sell the product or service to them...
whereas in PR....there is a viral effect...if a company makes an impression into a mind of one consumer...he then refer the same thing to other people...and thus the company is able to project the image of itself and its products in a favourable manner....

Kamya

Pr is needed more by the company when it wants to project a good image of the company in the general public...

whereas advertising is more related to products of the companies...

gargi.n

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
According to me
Public relations provide a service for the company by helping to give the public and the media a better understanding of how the company works. Within a company, publicrelations can also come under the title of public information or customer relations. These departments assist customers if they have any problems with the company. They are usually the most helpful departments, as they exist to show the company at their best.
PR also helps the company to achieve its full potential. They provide feedback to the company from the public. This usually takes the form of research regarding what areas thepublic is most happy and unhappy with.
People often have the perception of public relations as a group of people who spin everything. Spin can mean to turn around a bad situation to the company’s advantage. It is true that part of the purpose of public relations is to show the company in a positive light no matter what. There are certain PR experts that a company can turn to for this particular skill.
The public often think of PR as a glamorous job. Public relations people seem to have been tarred with the image of constant partying and networking to find new contacts. The reality is usually long hours and hard work for anyone involved in public relations.

gargi.n

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Public relations involves the cultivation of favorable relations for organizations and products with its key publics through the use of a variety of communications channels and tools. Traditionally, this meant public relations professionals would work with members of the news media to build a favorable image by publicizing the organization or product through stories in print and broadcast media. But today the role of public relations is much broader and includes:

building awareness and a favorable image for a company or client within stories and articles found in relevant media outlets
closely monitoring numerous media channels for public comment about a company and its products
managing crises that threaten company or product image
building goodwill among an organization’s target market through community, philanthropic and special programs and events
In this tutorial most of our focus is on how public relations supports marketing by building product and company image (sometimes referred to as publicity). Yet, it should be noted that there are other stakeholders companies reached via the public relations function, such as employees and non-target market groups. Favorable media coverage about a company or product often reaches these audiences as well and may offer potential benefit to the marketer.

Finally, in most large companies, investor relations (IR) or financial public relations is a specialty in itself guided by specific disclosure regulations. However, coverage of this type of PR will not be provided here.

Lets start off with:

Hey vikram, thanks for starting this thread regarding the learning and sharing information about public relation. Well, as we know that public relations is the process of handling the spread of information between an individual or an organization and the consumer. For more details, please check my presentation.

Attachments

• pr1.ppt
    501.5 KB · Views: 0