Academic qualification, ensure success in life?

rj031086

Rohan Jain
Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life.
How far is this true ???

rj031086

Rohan Jain
add more viewpoints.
MPites are u all sleeping !!!
Plz comment and support our discussion to go further.

priyankappd

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Academic qualification is essential. But it does guarantee success in life. I believe that academic qualification should be supported with practical education.
The definition of success differs from person to person and field to field.
School and college grades and examination results provide a way of predicting or ensuring future success
If that is true, then we should encourage as many young people as possible to go to university and work hard to gain formal qualifications
But is it true?
Arent some college drop-outs like Bill Gates and Richard Branson hugely successful icons of success?
:SugarwareZ-296:
And should we automatically consider the millions of young people who have not had the opportunity to gain academic certificates to be failures in life?

chi

i think acacedmic qualification is just 1 part u should also hv pratical knowledge along with academic qualification.......

An academic education gives people a rounded experience of life, with opportunities to meet people from a wide range of backgrounds and to consider the importance in life of values and culture. These are necessary things required to label a person successful in all aspects of life. More broadly, widespread further education makes us a civilized nation. It uplifts our morals and ethics by exposing us to the great thinkers of the past. It makes us aware of our rights and liberties, and helps entrench a liberal democracy with active citizens and a lively media.

It depends on courses to courses, if you are in BMM department then theory is of no use and it is mainly creativity involve in it. While, if you are preparing for IPS or IAS then you have to study because your marks is the gate pass which allows your entry in top college or selection for job . Academic qualification is pertinent just to get entry in but after that all depends on your talent and skill.