Uzhavar sandhai or farmers market

abhishreshthaa

Hi,

I am doing my report on Uzhavar sandhai or farmers market.can anyone help me

hey, have a look on the following links. i hope can be useful fro your project.
and i am also posting small report on Uzahavar Santhai. go through it.....

SALEM: The construction of a new Uzhavar Santhai (Farmers market) in Hasthampatti here is nearing completion.

The agriculture engineering department is building the market over 7,000 sq ft. in the heart of the city.

Shops
The department has completed the construction of 51 shops, an office room, a small godown and a few other facilities. Workers are now laying the floor.

Adequate drinking water provision and a canteen facility will be provided.

Provisions will be created to enable the farmers and visitors to use the Salem Corporations pay-and-use toilet, located near the market. A parking facility will also be created, officials say.

The market is being established following repeated representations from the people. A sum of Rs. 22.5 lakh has been allotted for the construction, officials add.

People living in the residential colonies in Hasthampatti, Chinna tirupathi, Kannankurichi, Maravaneri, Kondappanaickanpatti and the surrounding areas will be able to buy fresh vegetables at nominal prices from the market. All the works are expected to be completed within three weeks, officials say.

Markets
The three existing markets functioning in the city limit - Dathagapatti, Sooramangalam and Ammapet - draw a large number of consumers. More than 2,000 consumers visit these markets every day. And during festivals, the numbers easily touch 6,000, officials point out.

http://www.etfrn.org/etfrn/workshop/biodiversity/documents/thomas.pdf
http://www.museumstuff.com/learn/topics/Avadi::sub::Uzhavar_Santhai_Or_Farmers_Market

if any more queries then feel free to ask and keep posting.......

jamescord

MP Guru
Hi,

I am doing my report on Uzhavar sandhai or farmers market.can anyone help me

Hello Raj,

here i am sharing Case Study on Meeting Local Demands for Vegetables and Fruits, please check attachment below.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Case Study on Meeting Local Demands for Vegetables and Fruits.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1