My College Rocks !!

sunithakravi

hye guys ... my college is the best

we have MBA,MCA and B.Sc. Design

faculty are from premiere institutes - friendly and approachable
assignments - are the best - makes us think out of box
skill development programmes -- this the flagship programme - training programmes
are given in communication , leadership, interpersonal relationship, team
building, placement readiness........
campus - noise free & Pollution free --- we are very close to nature --- makes our mind free and light - enabling us to think and act
facilities - kiosk,hostel,lab----a

i love my college .... LEADERSHIP BEGINS HERE ..........

vijaytapundir

Hi,

I'm pursuing MBA+PGDM from FOSTIIMA Business School, Delhi under their Dual Degree Program. Having completed one year at FOSTIIMA, I really feel that life is good. Things like recession doesn't sound horrible to me as it does to most of my counterparts.

Since the beginning of my college days was aware of those facts that envelopes FOSTIIMA; for instance it is located at the most happening place of the National Capital, South Ex., It's started as a vision of seven graduates of IIM (A). But all these facts weren't enough for me to do away with those apprehensions that had been there in my mind since I joined the school.

But having got a great Summer Stipend, I can confidently say that future indeed holds good for me.

Founders and Faculty :
Friends of class of Seventy Three of IIM - Ahmedabad and the Faculty of .......All the administration, trustees from IIM and IIT....All the Faculty here, [35] from IIM-A and IIT which has more than 33-34 year of experience in their respective fields and are Ex CEOs

The teachers put their 100% efforts in a bid to turn our endeavours into success and when see them doing so much of hard work with each one of us. I feel immensly inspired and astonished when got to know that Kamal Sir hold conversation talk on FM Meow in the evening. Anil Somani Sir made it very clear to us that without Fluent English and Good Communication Skills, it is next to impossible to get placement anywhere. So, it is hardly strange to hear that English classes as well as Personality Development classes are compulsory to attend here.

Company Linkage and Placements :
As all Founders and Faculty had vast industrial Domain Experience so FOSTIIMA maintains excellent contacts with well known corporates in a wide spectrum of Industry Segments Consulting, IT & ITES, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Engineering, Logistics, FMCG & FMCD, etc. to ensure ready availability of a variety of placement opportunities to the students. Highest Compensation offered is 11.6 lakhs and Average Compensation offered is in between 5-6 laks.

Anil Somani Sir says it is its prime responsibility to ensure that its entire successful student finds placement in well known corporates as per their area of specialization and ability.

Among the extracurricular activities like Youth Fests, Sports, Cultural Evenings, Campings, Excursions, Team Building, Exercises that take a place at FOSTIIMA. What Interest me most is the last one and Campings.

On the whole, I am greatly enjoying my voyage towards success at FOSTIIMA.

Hey you here..before me...That's not cool:SugarwareZ-205:

vijaytapundir

Agreed by Preeti, She mentioned a lot abut our college FOSTIIMA... so in single line i say that...still it is new founded in 2007, but it rocks mammu.....

:SugarwareZ-291::SugarwareZ-294:

devashree

hie this is devashree aka debo from podar college doin bms n i think my college is d best college in mumbai and it is a fact!!!!!!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Thansk this is indeed a nice forumtolearn so much about other institutions
nk

Would be great if you share information about your college as well, wouldn't it !?

subhoisbr

ISBR rocks

hi m subho from ISBR kodaikanal tamilnadu
how many of u hav dreamt of a college in the slope of a mountain with a waterfall overlooking the classroom, withtemperatures below 15 and nature all around. well i did and my dreams came true.
my college is in a slope near a huge forest. the classrooms have nature as their background. do u knw where and why kings use to go to gurukuls. the gurukul used to be located in the jungles and it was blieved that a person can concentrate more when he is away from the hustle n bustle of life. ISBR is the reincarnated gurukul with state of the art classrooms.
apart 4m studies which is common in all mba coleges we have overnight camps, fishing trips, hiking, canoeing, bird watching in our weekends. a quite a lot of motivation for the weekdays ahead.
did u ever experienced getting dressed in ur room nd suddenly u r surrounded my clouds. well i did. sometimes u can see clouds just below ur window nd it feels like there is no world out there and u r in the midle of a sea of clouds.
we have this kodaikanal international school with american, european and british students studying there. so white chicks nd they love indians.
our college do rocks

abhishek_verma

hi

I am abhishek.I am persuiing mba+pgpbm from Accord School of Business,Saltlake,Kolkata.It is one of the best B-schools in Kolkata.......They are providing mba under Punjab technical university and pgpbm as a autonomous body.

Apart from MBA, ASB provides MBA Executive,BBA,BCA from PTU.

ASB is located in the IT Hub of the East, Salt Lake, Kolkata.........

We have air-conditioned classrooms,lecture theatre and computerised group rooms.We also have digitized library which contains international literature and a cafeteria for relaxing.

We enjoy a lot while studying at ASB.Teaching methodology followed here is very intresting and industry exposure oriented.Apart from from the classroom teaching we are also participate in different entrepreneurship Programmes, business games, role playing sessions, workshops and small group activities.

We also get to interact with differnt corporate bodies frequently who visit our campus for giving seminars.......

We all are very excited about our industry visit at singapore as part of our mba curriculum................

The faculties who come and teach us are really very good.Personalities like Dr. Suvasis Saha, Dr. Malini Majumder, Prof. Amitava Ghosh, [PGDM, IIM(CAL)], Prof. Supti Mandal [M.Sc., MBA(U.K.), M.Phil], Prof. Harisadhan Ghosh[M.Com., AICWA, LLB], Prof. S. Chakraborty [MBA, M.Phil] take our classes.

ASB provides intensive counselling about our career goals and organize campus interviews for our proper placement at different industries.Being a venture of Accord Media group they have huge corporate connections which facilitate our industrial exposure, training and placements.......

Thank you so... much for giving me an oppertunity to describe my college........

parag426

MY college... tha college of my dreams.. wher i had planned ot study after my 12th n got in anyhow.... NMIMS, Mumbai.
Firstly, its in Juhu, ville parle.....so thats where all the nice hang-out places are... ;)
we spend hours and hours after college sitting around in the 'Quad'..(that's how we call it) playing CS day n nite. the best thing about this area is that its an open area inside the college campus where u can stay 24*7. i gues no other college has such kind of a place inside their college campus. so if ur late and cant go bak to the hostel or if u want to b on a date all nite long and cant spend too much..;) the 'Quad" is the place for u.

Now, talking abt the studies here..wel i have studied in symbiosis, pune for a month b4 i took admission in this college(solely bcoz the admissions in NMIMS were delayed coz of the rains that year)..n to tell u the truth NMIMS has sumthin in it wich no other college has(including CBS)..its the flair they put inside a students mid to work on any topic wich they wud have neva tackled in their entire lifetym. eg. i had no knowledge about the corporate event management before today afternoon. the corporate affairs club had organised a guest lecture by sum1 from 'Planet Buzz' (sry i dnt remember the persons name.. :p) and it was hell lot of fun. i got to knw hw they market their cilent's products to the consumers. so basically everyday in coll is like a new educational experience.

Now, tokin abt the administration..to be honest..its pathetic...and thats wat we like about it.. coz in thier confusion...we get away with a lot on non-sense. the Faculty is mostly visiting faculty so we get to share knowledge with a lot of people from the industry as wel as professors who teach MBAs. this is one advantage i feel makes us different from other colleges.

finally, a short note about mumbai..the financial capital n the partying capital..wateva u can call it.. it has sumthin in store for every1 who is here... n i am myslef having a lot of fun studyin in the "mayanagri" as u call it. with so many esteemed colleges like mithibai, NM college and Usha Praveen gandhi college...NMIMS stands out in the crowd in making a name for itself!!! HAIL NMIMS!!!!! :) ;)

prachi01

hello....
i m prachi from the well known MITHIBAI college.....the name itself says every thing about the college...
welll....to start wid.....THE BMS COORDINATOR..she is one in herself...quite aged but her teaching reflects as if she is in her 20's . so experienced, calm, so energetic, so helpful, so friendly. and other so's to carry on..this gives the students an open door to contact her as situations arise without any hesitations and objections....

then comes the other faculties...unlike our coordinator they seem to be quite strict or some thing like that..but its not the case..they are very helpful and friendly so as any other friend...their teaching styles, refernces, examples make us feel like as if we were hearing a story from that contemporary issue...

its my honour to be a mithibaite....I strongly recommend mithibai to be the best college for bms.rather for bcom.....perhaps.students are rarely been seen in the bcom lectures...

ch.anirban

My college

I am pursuing PGDM from Asia-Pacific Institue of Management, New

Delhi. Its located in Jasola, near the Apollo Hospitals.

Its regarded as one of the most reputed institues in Delhi/NCR

region and has been rated as A+ by AIMA for succesive 3 years. It

comes within the top 10 colleges in Delhi/NCR. Recently the

institution got accredition by NBA and hence will be receiving

grants from UGC for arranging national and international seminarsr

and also is eligible for starting fellowship programmes which they

are planning to do soon.

Presently the institute runs 4 courses and all the courses are

approved by AICTE. The courses are:
1.PGDM-General (120 seats)
2.PGDM_Marketing (60 Seats)
3.PGDM-Banking and financial services (60 Seats)
4.PGDM-International Business (60 Seats)

The PGDM-General is the flagship programme which is running since

the last 14 years and the other 3 specialized courses are being

into their second year.

The campus is really a nice one. We have a 5 storeyed building in

the heart of South Delhi surrounded by greenaries. The campus is

air-cooled and Wi-fi enabled. We have auditorium of 350 seater

capacity which in design and architechture no less than a

multiplex. Library is one of the best I've ever seen with large

collection of books and journals. The only drawback is hostel

facility is not upto the mark and there is no place for

sports(though we have carrom and Table tennis in our common room,

but we don't regard it as REAL sports).

The faculty base is strong enough though some faculties are not

really experienced in management training. The college tries to

bridge the gap by bringing experienced visiting faculties from

industry and other institutions. But there are really good

faculties for marketing and International business. Finance was

also good but recently 2 of our reputed professors left. We hope it

will be replaced by faculties of same repute. Some reputed

faculties include Mr Subrata Goswami, Dr Priya Raj, Mr Rajendra

Pinjani (Marketing), Dr D.K Banerjee, Dr V.Murali Mohan (Statistics

and Operations), Dr A.N Sarkar (International Business and

strategic Management), Mr S. Dasgupta and Mr RK Srivasta (Finance).

Student Profile of the batch 2009-11 is really very good. I have my

batchmates from various streams and many verticals. Freshers and

experinced students are almost same in number.Interestingly,

Bengali population dominates in our college and it is really a

striking feature. Others are moslty Delhi-ites and Punjabi, UP-ites

and students from Bihar. Seniors are very friendly and easily

approachable (and they gave us a really really good freshers

welcome party this year).

Our college has student exchange programme with a French University

and a Canadian University through which 10 students are sent to

France and Canada to study at their schools for 3 months and 10

students from each university come over to our institute to study.

Our seniors recently returned from France and the French friends

are presently attending classes with us.

The placement recordsis 100%. Inspite of the econmic slowdown and

turmoil the highest salary rose up to 7 lacs and lowest at 2.5 lacs

with the average salary of 4.2 lacs.

Where the college lacks I think it focusses too much on academics

and the curriculam is too rigorous and exhaustive with loads of

projects, assigments and presentations. But I now have made really

good friends and time seems to pass away so faaaaast that we are

not able to realise the pain. I never seem to realize that so fast

I've spend 3 months in this college and it has became a part of my

life.

Nirmal_3913

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ok, I m from Mithibai college, I am taking abt. BMS department

The college is known for its good & quality crowd, BMS lists closes nereby 78 to 80%.

Teaching Staff is perfect, Class rooms are also neat & clean, quality of food is available, The fees of First Year is Rs. 16,881/- & all other two years fees are less than the fees of First year.

Attendence is very very compulsary, you can remain absant for just 2 lectures in 6 months, but in turn it is for betterment of student.

The college is very diffrent from others as other colleges prefers the books of Prakashan but in mithibai teachin staff prefers the books of authors only & these books are of MBA level.

Students also takes part in collosium & its own festival Tsunami, (very famous in Mumbai)

Other facilities, teaching staff, festivals & mostly the healthy crowd attrects people more.

This year i.e. in 2009 1st University topper is of Mithibai College.

Really Mithibai Rocks !!!!

bbi

HI MY COLLEGE ROCK BCOZ OF ITS FACULTY WHICH ARE VERY CARING, SUPPORTING
& HAV FRIENDLY NATURE . WE HAVE DIFFERENT FESTIVAL IN OUR COLLEGE &AND OUR GROUP IN COLLEGE BCOZ OF WHICH I ROCK AND MY COLLEGE...................

Hiren3143

Hi kartik
i m doing MBA from one of the reputed institute of ahmedabad.....

i want some guidelines for these what we can upload and..........

prajay_anjaria

i guess MIthibai BMS is really good....like the prof like Mr n MRs nAir are there to sit on our heads n get the points right into our heads..plus we have our fest Colosseum since the last 9 years ...so its good times at mithibai

avinashvc

coool,,,,,,,,,,nice post..this gives us a vast insight into your college...i am very much happy to ready your post dude
ok my college too rocks
i come from Ghanshyamdas Saraf college
its a vast institute it covers all aspects of education right from nurcery to MBA the school is divided into two sections ENGLISH MEDIUM AND HINDI MEDIUM it has also began with ICSE
THEN COMMING TO COLLEGE IT COVERS ALL BRANCHES OF COMMERCE
Firstly Jounier college
then comming to degree college we have got B.com B.M.S B.M.M B.C.B.I
AND NOW LAST YEAR OUR COLLEGE HAS JOINED UP WITH Skkim manipal institute ogf M.B.A it offers mba degree to students at a very nominal fees and also gurantees 100% placement to students more over we even have M.com in our college with very good faculty so frnds my college takes care of all their students ambition and even opens part time courses like jelwery dezining, fashion dezning etc and some time language cources like(french,german) etc
so u c frnds my coll rocks

Magician

I am a proud student of Institute of Management Studies, DAVV Indore.

The institute has a legacy which has continued for more than four decades now. It has been the Mangement hub of Madhya Pradesh since its inception. Every candidate who appears for DAVV CET and MP MET envisions IMS as its dream. And this has been not only since a few years, it has been for decades now.

IMS has been known as provider of quality education among all genre of society as it has made management education in reach of every individual.

IMS has a return on investment more than many premier b-schools across the nation and placments next to IIM-I.

At IMS, we are taught to respect our culture. This can become evident from the fact that we begin every event by worshipping Goddess Saraswati and end with our National Anthem. We have our own traditions like one has to take dip in Saraswati Sarovar on his/her placement ( Saraswati Snan). We welcome freshers every year with " Deeksharambh".

IMS and IMSians also contribute to social cause, latest one being SAVE WATER CAMPAIGN in association with Lions Club, Indore. And the list is never ending.

IMS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magician