Do you think an 18-year-old is mentally and financially prepared for marriage?

suaveboy

Banned
No, definitely not. I think Indian men neither mentally nor financially prepared for the marriage responsibility. Normally at the age of 18 boys should concentrate on career and this compititative world we cann't ignore the importance of career and. marriage at 18 not only spoil his career but also his life. In marriage, both should be matured so that they could enjoy as well as carry responsibility effectively so that they provide firm platform to their children also. So this discussion is not limited to the men and woman but also their offsprings.

punanch

if you'v been in a full-time relationship then you'd know.. a relationship.. let alone marriage is enough to help you understand how its going to be post mariage.. at the age of 18 so called adults are not exactly matured enough to handle and nurture a family... for marriage isint it only fair to both for them to be in someway financially stable of their feet?? if not both atleast one.. everyone keeps talking about hopes for a growing nation, how will anyone grow when such pressures are put at such a young age??

priyanka_pb

no nt at all,at 18 ba person would have just stepped into d college so its vry rare he would be earnin, n marrige is a very big responibility

No, definitely not. I think Indian men neither mentally nor financially prepared for the marriage responsibility. Normally at the age of 18 boys should concentrate on career and this compititative world we cann't ignore the importance of career and. marriage at 18 not only spoil his career but also his life. In marriage, both should be matured so that they could enjoy as well as carry responsibility effectively so that they provide firm platform to their children also. So this discussion is not limited to the men and woman but also their offsprings.

MORE IMPORTANTLY LET'S BE PRACTICAL... BY THE TIME U FINISH YOUR MASTER'S U R 23... IF U GO AHEAD FOR FURTHER STUDIES IT COULD BE ANOTHER 4-7 YEARS... I GUESS THE IDEAL AGE IS ABOUT 27-30 SINCE U BECOME A MAN THEN AND HAVE BEEN MANAGING YOUR LIFE IMMEDIATELY AFTER COLLEGE... IN INDIA WE STILL LIVE WITH OUR PARENTS EVEN PAST THE AGE OF 18... THE INDIVIDUAL REALLY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT MANAGING THINGS THAT HE NEEDS FOR HIMSELF ENTAILS... LEAVE ALONE MANAGING A FAMILY... WHICH IS WHY IN MY OPINION AN INDIVIDUAL AT THE AGE OF 27 UPWARDS HAS EITHER WORKED FOR A FEW YEARS... HAS BECOME AWARE OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES INVOLVED IN BEGINNING A FAMILY LIFE ON HIS OWN INVOLVE ETC.

sunnysgr8

Hi All....

I defenetly dont think that at the age of 18...we as human beings are not ready to marry...i wont speak the financial matters involved here...but at 18 we are not matured enough to share a life with someone and be happy...i think that the minimum age for a girl to legally marry someone is 21 and for a guy it needs to be 25.... or else, the pair can mostly be crazy and childish...as we grow up day by day...our responsibilities get double day by day..at the age of 25/26...a guy's mind will be completely aware of the responsibilities, requirements, rules, fantasies and the best thing is that he must have a got a different solution for all those by that age...so, i completely dont agree that legal age to ring the wedding bells should 18...the bottom line is .... for a girl it can be 21 and for a boy, it shud defenetly be 25..

Good luck n keep debating.....bye....

viridens

My parents planned marriage at 18, and did it at age 20. They were (and still are) in love. Both were keen to leave the home of their parents, and they point out that it made good financial sense to become a couple. Much money was saved on accommodation, food and utility bills compared to living as single persons. Not just love, but good business sense also. :)

mn369

At 18, more concentration should be on career and making the future. Such a strong commitment is very difficult to carry fwd.

ishu44

I think 18 yr is the age 4 shapping up your carrer thats the peak time when u hav 2 make decisions regarding your carrer,If a person will get married at that age it will b a hurdle in his carrer as he wont b able 2 give his full time 4 his studies as he will b buzy wid all those family related responsibilties.

jigar pobari

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
no not exactly as at hte age of 20 only he can complete graduation and he would need some time to settle in life :SugarwareZ-215:

vishalsaini2006

no, i did not think that 18 yrs old mentally and financially prepare for marriage coz it would give bad effect on future i.e financial req. for child grow up and education, build up home, etc.

debdutgupta

no i dont think a guy or a girl gets totally matured at the age of 18 and as a result they remain unprepared for their marriage also...
its the time they should concentrate on their career rather than marriage.:thumbsdwn:

aditya02

Appropriate is not the question. Age denotes nothing. It cannot measure maturity, love, or place in life. If someone is told by their doctor to have all of their kids before they are 25 due to a medical condition, I would say that getting married at 21 sounds great for that person.

Getting married at 32 sounds great for the woman that is excelling at her high powered job.

Most feel their biological clock ticking and telling them its time. Usually you feel when it's a right time for you, individually.

Marriage is not a "one size fits all" type of thing.

Shaizal

it is not a matter of age but it is a matter of stability b'coz marriage is not a task that has to be fulfilled with time........................

jigar pobari

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
in marriage there are many other things are also related to parts it is not ust of mischief ... they need to understand their future . .... 18 yrs guys would say yes for marriage but he would not know his responsibilities .......:SugarwareZ-285: