Should Air India be privatised?

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Air India is really struggling to survive unless some stringent & apt action is taken. Government is mulling to cut the employee strength of 31000 by almost half. When Jet airways did the same lot of hue & cry was made by the government. So now why this double standard?

Why cant government infuse money to bailout the airline?
What do you think should be done...
1) Reduce the employee strength
2) Bailout the airline
3) Go for an IPO......

ankur_r83

Certain attributes of Air India ,
makes it unique,the primary being the consumer sentiments of it being a
goverment holding and serving for such a long time
So privatization should not be done

savio13

MP Guru
Air India is really struggling to survive unless some stringent & apt action is taken. Government is mulling to cut the employee strength of 31000 by almost half. When Jet airways did the same lot of hue & cry was made by the government. So now why this double standard?

Why cant government infuse money to bailout the airline?
What do you think should be done...
1) Reduce the employee strength
2) Bailout the airline
3) Go for an IPO......

I think that Air India should reduce on salaries, remove employees that are not doing their jobs that well and partner with private company to get support and grow...

rohitrohit

Privatisation is not the solution of every problem. Govement should have some company for its regular earning. Only need is proper and consistent managing.

sachinchourey

No it should not be privatized, because if it should be introduced then we have to face a lot of problems of financial system. there are some reasons i am going to mention, 1-The air india travel will be costly for middle belonging people. 2- Timing will also be fixed that will not be reliable for a air passenger. 3- It will charge high price for an individual etc.