Data Interpretation

gaurav_kh3

i wonder i dint understood wht exactly they need in DI section and wht kinda matter is helpful for that..... i also failed to manage this DI section in my studies schedule. help!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Does any one have a complete collection of all types of conversion charts etc to help solve the DI problems fatser????
What type of conversion charts are u asking for?

gaurav_kh3 said:
i wonder i dint understood wht exactly they need in DI section and wht kinda matter is helpful for that..... i also failed to manage this DI section in my studies schedule. help!

Data Interpretation is a section where-in you would need to analyse given data either in the forms of pie charts, bar graphs, tables, etc. This is actually one of the most needed abilities needed in a manager, i.e. to be able to analyse a list of data and draw inferences.

Eg. a manager can see the company's turn over figures and find out how well the company is going, in which month/quarter it attained max. profit, how much more than previous months, etc. Such deductions will help the manager understand where the company needs to improve and why is it lacking, etc.

Hence, interpreting the data is most important.

Practice a lot of DI questions. Go through every kind of problem u can get ur hands on. You should become good in calculating very fast, so u should know vedic maths for that.

Go through Newbies Guide to CAT Preparation to learn more on various sections in CAT and how to prepare.

Sahasram

Thank a lot dude it was very useful . I plan to take up the CAT 2008.Will my UG scores play a major role if my CAT scores are high enough .Thanks for all the info

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Thank a lot dude it was very useful . I plan to take up the CAT 2008.Will my UG scores play a major role if my CAT scores are high enough .Thanks for all the info
Academic scores, CAT scores, work ex, GD, PI, etc have their individual weightage... but if ur profile is good enough and u have scored 98-99 percentile, then your academic performance does not matter much.