oscar entry 4 india

krrish

Which film will nominate in Oscar Awards from India this year?

OMKARA
CORPORATE
RANG DE BASANTI
PARK AVENUE 47
LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI
KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA…
NONE OF THESE

maheshbhatacharya said:
welll howabout lage raho munnabhai??????????????????????

firstly, krrish, good thread n poll...
@ mahesh, i don't think Rang De Basanti & Lage Raho Munnabhai will nominate to Oscar Awrad this year...these films r limited only upto Indian base...indian audience/public...

As RDB gave message to youth as how to tackle to corruption in politics...n...to take lead by one himself/herself...it's not justifiable for the world...it's fabulous movie, just will remain hit in India only...

And munnabhai-part 2 said how to apply Gandhigiri, morals of Gandhi Ji in today's world? it's also good for indian audience & noit for foreign audience...

In my views, there is not any chance to nominate the Indian film in Oscar Awads this year...

I voted to "none of these"...even though Omkara has better chance, as i didn't seen it yet..i can't give vote to Omkara...

wht ur views on this guyz?
:SugarwareZ-064:

Pallavi S

HEY GUYZ........................................:wave:

WELL MY VOTE GOES TO................" NONE OF THESE"

YES THESE MOVIES WERE GUD ENUF TO JUSTIFY THE CONCEPT THEY WERE MADE ON ........................BUT I DON'T THINK IT HAS A GLOBAL APPEAL.

INDIAN MASSES HAV GONE CRAZY ABOUT THESE FLICKS..:D .................AND TO A CERTAIN EXTENT V CAN SAY THAT BOLLYWOOD IS CERTAINLY IMPROVING UPON ITS QUALITY...........................BUT STILL IT HAS A LONG WAY TO GO...............................:cool:

THANX.

PALLAVI.:love:

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
hey..instead of going on for intensive thinking.....just forward any of the Mahesh Bhatt 's films, anyways they are remakes of best of the bests......

Pallavi S

PLZ YA................V CAN'T JUS FORWARD ANY MOVIE....................OSCARS HAS INTERNATIONAL REPUTE & WHEN V FORWARD A MOVIE AS A NOMINEE .........................THEN THAT MOVIE REPRESENTS THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE.................:)

OUR COUNTRY GAINED FAME OVERSEAS B'COZ OF OUR CULTURES, VALUES & KNOWLEDGE.....................& THIS SHUD B REPRESENTED IN OUR NOMINEE ALSO......................DON'T U THINK SO............:SugarwareZ-064:

THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON Y LAST YEAR "PAHELI" WAS FORWARDED AS A NOMINEE..........................

A MOVIE TECHNICALLY & CREATIVELY BEST SHUD B FORWARDED...................IF NOT OSCARS THEN ATLEAST IT WILL ADD TO OUR PRESTIGE.

WELL ..........THE LASTEST BUZZ IS THAT THEY R THINKIN OF "WATER" AS A OSCAR NOMINEE.............

THANX.

From Canada,

they have send Water for the Oscars

"Water"

Starting- John Abraham & Lisa Ray............................

And Water will released in India - Next Year:SugarwareZ-064:

As far as voting is concerned, i will vote for Lageh Raho MunnaBhai, bcoz it represents Indian Hero Gandhi & its principles, it should released worldwide, to spread the importance of Indian Hero...................:bigsmile:

Pallavi S

IS THAT SO.......................I MISTOOK IT AS A INDIAN FLICK B'COZ OF THE ACTORS IN IT U C.......................MY MISTAKE .......SORRY...:sad: ............ANYWAYS GUD TO KNW THIS PIECE OF INFO.

THANX.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
" All of these "

Original idea n concept and to add, its not a remake of hollywood flicks.

prakash_dudes said:
BREAKING NEWS:SugarwareZ-191:

Indian Entry for Oscars:SugarwareZ-064:

RANG DE BASANTI

What u say.......

i think it's gr8 honour for RDB to make entry into Oscar Awards from India...this year...get nominated it's gr8 thing...
so....i think it will not get award...as foreign audience n jury will not get much impact of it compared to other foreign films...it's more about indian politics...corruption in india...indian youth...etc...n how to tackle the problems...in the today's world...not to bear but ...can solve out d problem by violence...

ZINDAGI JEENE KE DO TARIKE HOTE HAI...
EK CHUP RAHO.....BARDAASHT KARTE JAO...
YA PHIR ZIMMEDARI LO USE BADALNEKI...

if u don't mind...join these communities on orkut...it's about RDB...

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=21073824

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=6887089

krrish

hey, it's good to see such replies...MP GUYZ N GALS...

RDB rocks in d world...

i congratulates all d RDB team as RDB nominates for oscar awards this time...really gr8 news...karan singhania, d.j., sukhI, laxman pandey, sonia, aslam, sue, all r acted very well in RDB...GOOD TO HEAR THAT RDB WILL RACE TO THE WORLD...
hope, rdb will win too the oscar award this year ... best of luck RDB TEAM !

RDB ROCKS !!!

ROOOBAROOOOOOOOOOO....!
ROSHANIIIIIIIIIIIIII..........!

:SugarwareZ-191:

balaji05

Kudos to the RDB team for making it as the entry from India for the Oscars...But with due credit to the RDB team, I personally feel that if it makes it to the final nominations list so would WATER ( the biggest ever Hindi grosser abroad) and having seen both movies, i feel Water is much more brilliant.....Though cant be really ignorant of some other fascinating foreign movies....

NEWS REVIEW

"Rang De Basanti" India's entry for Oscar
Sep 26, 2006

New Delhi, Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's blockbuster "Rang De Basanti" has been selected as India's official entry for the best foreign film category for Oscar Awards 2007.

The film starring Aamir Khan, Siddharth, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor, Soha Ali Khan and Alice Patten revolves around a young British filmmaker Sue (Patten) who comes to India to make a film on the revolutionaries - Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru - who had left an everlasting impression on her grandfather.

The film depicts the awakening of the young generation, inspired by the legendary freedom fighters.

The producer of the film, the Mumbai-based UTV Software Communications, confirmed the selection.

"It is true that the film is going for the Oscars. Right now we are holding meetings to chalk out the plans to promote the film," a UTV spokesperson told IANS over phone.

"Rang De Basanti" has thus beat "Munnabhai Lage Raho" and "Omkara", among other Oscar contenders, in the race.