MBA after a work experience in IT?

shrathore

Hi,

I am currently working in the IT industry. I plan to do an MBA after gaining some experience. I have a few doubts.

1. Are there any software industry specific MBA programs? And how much will it help me?

2. The most common question in an interview is: Why MBA?
What are the reasons a software professional can give with regard to this question.

3. How and what would a software professional highlight as work experience?

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hi,

I am currently working in the IT industry. I plan to do an MBA after gaining some experience. I have a few doubts.

1. Are there any software industry specific MBA programs? And how much will it help me?

2. The most common question in an interview is: Why MBA?
What are the reasons a software professional can give with regard to this question.

3. How and what would a software professional highlight as work experience?

1.)
MBA in Systems as your specialization. Or go in for ebiz PGDM at welingkar or MET or an institute in your vicinity. But if you want to move into a different field then you should pick up a different stream.
For a ERP consultant its really not important to get MBA degree.

2.) As a software professional you have the technical skills, now you wish to have acquire skills in the business domain so that it enhances your knowledge base. An MBA for any IT professional helps give you more breadth in your
assets; it helps balance out the technical with the business. And as
technology becomes more and more a part of the business world, that is a
great asset to have!

3.) :SugarwareZ-255: All that you did in the IT industry is work experience. An email from your boss saying great job done is a certificate of excellence. Print all of those appreciation mails, explain what the project was all about and how you went ahead with it as a leader or a team player and got the job done.

Feel free to reply if I missed answering any of your query or if you have more doubts.

Ruchita Kashyap

MBA after work experience in IT is good option and can be done through distance learning and regular from highly reputed college and school. Coaching before examination is needed as entrance exam is common both options. Join some educational institute like general education. It will help you more.

MBA is all time elixir course which turns your career in gold. Infosys and many more ginormous IT company have set up their own empire. MBA helps you to setup your own business and it will provide your proper direction and act a path, form where you can climb the ladder of success. Albeit if you ask me, the MBA after experience is more precious and helpful because you have already know about how things work you just need proper direction which is guided by MBA.