Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam

Ismat Rabbani

hi..

I need a report based on a case of "Hewlett Packard in Vietnam" by Dr. Geok Theng Lau.

My Course name is: Strategic Management.

I have the main case problem but I need the analysis part or solution part.

Please help me.

THanks.[email protected]

sock

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter to Vietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.

Attachments

• IB case study 5.doc
    41 KB · Views: 92

qwertyqazz

Thanks for the article

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter toVietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.

WeiQuan86

Thanks for the article

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter toVietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.