20 or 19 November..........

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
Dear Friends,

With Traumatic CAT approaching, the BMS Fraternity finds itself at New Crossroads. And this time it is our very own BMS Final Year Exams that are making things Worse. And now Guess what can be a Greater Examination than Deciding between either of them.

Hence in the wake of Highly Unmanaged Behaviour from the Varsity, the TRUE Voice OF a Management Student, MP feels its moral grounds in raising its voice against the Injustice done towards the BMS Fraternity.

This Letter is basically addressed to Chancellor of Mumbai University, to rethink on the dates for the BMS Exams, and Provide a FEASIBLE SOLUTION so that NO MANAGEMENT STUDENT IS MADE TO SUFFER UNNECESSARILY.

Remember, that Every Management Student has a Right to Fight, But for that WE MUST COME TOGETHER and REUNITE OURSELVES.

TO RAISE YOUR VOICE TO SUPPORT MP, Remember You Just need to Reply to this thread INDIVIDUALLY and SEE that you Spread this Message Around, to Your Friends.........

NOTE: The More the Replies to this Thread are, The BETTER Chance We have For a SAY........hence JOIN IN....

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey man pratik..u hv done a gr8 work by openin up this issue.. im thr 2 support u...guys.frnds..we also thnk..u must support this..

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
The issue is very grave and hence needs immediate attention. Such clashing of dates would affect a large majority of students mentally and hence keeping in mind to this, the dates should be revised.

MAXDROIT

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well even im thr to suppot ..........the way univ ruined our batch...i dont other batches to suffer.......

nishant7

i agree dude, even if i m not givin CAT this year still i feel the need for the dates to be reconsidered.

kudos to u ppl for thinkin and acting on this issue...

mana

hey
wat they have done is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!y are they trying to make the CAT more difficult for us than wat it already is........................

Shrinjoy

With Traumatic CAT approaching, the BMS Fraternity finds itself at New Crossroads. And this time it is our very own BMS Final Year Exams that are making things Worse. And now Guess what can be a Greater Examination than Deciding between either of them.

Hence in the wake of Highly Unmanaged Behaviour from the Varsity, the TRUE Voice OF a Management Student, MP feels its moral grounds in raising its voice against the Injustice done towards the BMS Fraternity.

This Letter is basically addressed to Chancellor of Mumbai University, to rethink on the dates for the BMS Exams, and Provide a FEASIBLE SOLUTION so that NO MANAGEMENT STUDENT IS MADE TO SUFFER UNNECESSARILY.

Remember, that Every Management Student has a Right to Fight, But for that WE MUST COME TOGETHER and REUNITE OURSELVES.

TO RAISE YOUR VOICE TO SUPPORT MP, Remember You Just need to Reply to this thread INDIVIDUALLY and SEE that you Spread this Message Around, to Your Friends.........

NOTE: The More the Replies to this Thread are, The BETTER Chance We have For a SAY........hence JOIN IN....

Hey guys,
I differ from u in this issue...

I just want to putforth that before raising voices,before goin upto the chancellor n doin all soughts of things we need to introspect/retrospect on this whole BMS CAT fiasco...

lets assess or start from Defining CAT??
will a last min preparation guarantee a seat in the IIMs...will any of us wil study fr 13-18 n secure a place in IIMs or atleast "CRACK THE CAT"....
We knew all along tht this overlapping wud take place....we knew we gonna hve our TYs followed by our CAT or vice versa...we were never worried thn...we knew it wud be tough for us to manage both these goliath tasks but we took up didnt we??come on guys let the chancellor chillout, he has many more important taks than changing dates fr a handful of students

lets not worry bout the CAT date but the buildup to the CAT...

CAT is all bout attitude,pressure,time,speed,accuracy....overlapping of dates or wutever wont make much of a difference if u r not prepared in the above mentioned areas...n thts wut we learn in 3yrs of BMS rite???

this is just my view though no offenses to anyone

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
ahh well i beg to differ..

To score in sem 5 is very important. People spend at least a months time only on their bms studies to get good marks. They might have studied before that for CAT , but dont you think they need a little gap to unwind bms and rewind CAT ?

Just because the seniors dint raise their voices, doesnt mean the juniors have to suffer too.

As for the chancellor having better things on hand. BMS has been largely neglected, take example of the wrong questions fiasco in sem 6 board paper last year. Even right now, we dont know what happened, what did the uni do about it ?

We are not going to have morchas or andolans.. we are not going to fight.. we are only going to voice our opinion . Ask the uni to reconsider it... and that is only if we have a large number of people replying on this thread.

Keep your mind open and have a holistic approach is all I can tell you .

Shrinjoy

i agree wid u kartik abt the sem 6 papers etc hell i agree wid u to every point u made

but my question is will a rollback on the dates help us in anyway to crack CAT??
n if atall there is a rollback do u think there wil b enough time to prepare fr both SEM 5 as well as CAT??

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I just insist on having a gap between the sem 5 exams and CAT... atleast couple of days rest.. having CAT immediately after BMS exams only means that the uni never considered this or did not care to think upon it.

Shrinjoy

delaying the exams wil only make things worse for us in the future...late results,we wudnt know if we got a KT until last week(max) of Jan so we wud get only a few days to prepare fr the KTs(assuming tht the 5th Sem KTs r held in Feb)...CET is also held in Feb...so i guess preponing the exams would do good to all of us...but this wud be very unpopular with the students studying exclusively fr 5th SEM and not giving CAT n they r in majority so i guess we dont have any options left do we??

sorry for debating for a cause which is beneficial fr all of us guys..but a healthy debate wud only broaden our perspective...though its just my set of views..

ushma87star

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i absolutely agree wid the idea of requesting the uni 4 reconsidering the dates 4 5th sem of bms..... v need sometime 2 revise 4 CAT after our 5th sem bms exams n university needs 2 know abt wat probs v r facing because if overlapping of dates.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
If you wish to debate, then PM me.. You have already cleared your BMS, but for people who havent, they wouldnt want to waste one year.

Supporting the uni by saying the results will be delayed is plain BS .. it anyways delays the results (for unknown reasons ) .... the uni should have considered everything before making any decisions... its the future of soo many youngsters at stake..

Anyways, reply here if you support it, you can debate on it by PMing people who are supporting it.

even if i'm not giving CAT this yr, i'm supporting to pratik's views on this topic...

there must not any clash to bms-sem.5 exams and CAT...

university should do something on this issue...

com'on guyz...support here...

:bump:

jack

pratik_mehta7 said:
Dear Friends,

we need to raise our voice. the exam dates provide BMS students a setback in getting good marks in CAT. the exams dates should be pushed back in 3rd or 4th week of november.

crazy_carol

how can the university do this !!!:fear: though im in tybms....i planned nt 2 give CAT dis year. I'm reeeaaally happy abt my decision now :pound: ...However i feel bad to c da dilemma my frenz are facin coz of this :mmph:...It just has to be postponed...we are already nervous about giving our own univ xamz..imagine what da tension of CAT will do to students?!??!!

Whenever i find the key to success...Damn...someone changes the lock..!!! :SugarwareZ-064:

nisha_rulz

I hope this makes a difference, but they've really made life hard for our batch !! It seems they dont want fresh graduates to appear ! so may be thats a trick ! but anyway, im definately against this injustice ! our govt sux..

akashkhetpal_86

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

hey friends i am with you guys for the campaign that u have started, we seriously need to get space or time 4 studies between the cat n the final year exams. all ill say is that best of luck n i am with u all.....:bump:

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I am with you guys in this. I can understand what sorta pressure people must b facing, those who are in their final year BMS. CAT is no joke and not even easy. And it is after all the question of carrer of these students!!!!

I am glad you guys are atleast trying for some action, and I am definately with you.

deya

faizanbms

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
If you wish to debate, then PM me.. You have already cleared your BMS, but for people who havent, they wouldnt want to waste one year.

Supporting the uni by saying the results will be delayed is plain BS .. it anyways delays the results (for unknown reasons ) .... the uni should have considered everything before making any decisions... its the future of soo many youngsters at stake..

Anyways, reply here if you support it, you can debate on it by PMing people who are supporting it.
hey kartik i think its a one sided debate.....cause no 1 will love 2 giv their CAT n 5 SEM 2gethr it is obvious dat we need time.......cat is not a game .......if it is u can say a brain game,so in short even im supportin u guys........:SugarwareZ-229: