Management Research Project on Branding and Marketing Communication of Titan

amathur05

Hey guys please help me with my research project on Branding and Marketing Communication of Titan. I need reports on titan branding and marketing communication processes.....thankin you in advance..

amathur05

Thanks a lot bro....i've already gone through that stuff. I already posted a request in that thread for the original document which is not posted there. But there is no reply to it. Anyways thanks a lot for your effort....help me out more if you can.

rohini_gupta1412

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
oh great ! u knmow did a live project on this. but i does not makeany project on it .this project is really going to complete my project

rohini_gupta1412

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i did one survey on mehrasons group.it has to its showrooms at various location in delhi. we have to find the appropriate location according to its cuistomer requirement

pinku143

Hey guys please help me with my research project on Branding and Marketing Communication of Titan. I need reports on titan branding and marketing communication processes.....thankin you in advance..

i have it but its a hard cpoy tell me wt can i do fr u?

rocky27

hey please anybody help me to complete my assignment on

you are incharge of promoting a new flavour of tooth paste yet to be produced in a tooth paste manufacturing unit which sampling techniques will you use to get the required data from population

vikasm86

guys ,
i need a project report on marketing communication ............i am not getting link of the original document.plz attach it.

myanswers

1. You are in charge of promoting a new flavour of tooth paste yet to be produced in a tooth paste manufacturing unit which sampling techniques will you use to get the required data from a population?
Answer: Sampling is that part of statistical practice concerned with the selection of individual observations intended to yield some knowledge about a population of concern, especially for the purposes of statistical inference. Each observation measures one or more properties (weight, location, etc.) of an observable entity enumerated to distinguish objects or individuals. Survey weights often need to be applied to the data to adjust for the sample design. Results from probability theory and statistical theory are employed to guide practice. In business, sampling is widely used for gathering information about a population
It is incumbent on the researcher to clearly define the target population. There are no strict rules to follow, and the researcher must rely on logic and judgment. The population is defined in keeping with the objectives of the study.
Sometimes, the entire population will be sufficiently small, and the researcher can include the entire population in the study. This type of research is called a census study because data is gathered on every member of the population.
Usually, the population is too large for the researcher to attempt to survey all of its members. A small, but carefully chosen sample can be used to represent the population. The sample reflects the characteristics of the population from which it is drawn.
Sampling methods are classified as either probability or non-probability. In probability samples, each member of the population has a known non-zero probability of being selected. Probability methods include random sampling, systematic sampling, and stratified sampling. In non-probability sampling, members are selected from the population in some non-random manner. These include convenience sampling, judgment sampling, quota sampling, and snowball sampling. The advantage of probability sampling is that sampling error can be calculated. Sampling error is the degree to which a sample might differ from the population. When inferring to the population, results are reported plus or minus the sampling error. In non probability sampling, the degree to which the sample differs from the population remains unknown.
• Random sampling is the purest form of probability sampling. Each member of the population has an equal and known chance of being selected. When there are very large populations, it is often difficult or impossible to identify every member of the population, so the pool of available subjects becomes biased.
• Systematic sampling is often used instead of random sampling. It is also called an Nth name selection technique. After the required sample size has been calculated, every Nth record is selected from a list of population members. As long as the list does not contain any hidden order, this sampling method is as good as the random sampling method. Its only advantage over the random sampling technique is simplicity. Systematic sampling is frequently used to select a specified number of records from a computer file.
• Stratified sampling is commonly used probability method that is superior to random sampling because it reduces sampling error. A stratum is a subset of the population that share at least one common characteristic. Examples of stratums might be males and females, or managers and non-managers. The researcher first identifies the relevant stratums and their actual representation in the population. Random sampling is then used to select a sufficient number of subjects from each stratum. "Sufficient" refers to a sample size large enough for us to be reasonably confident that the stratum represents the population. Stratified sampling is often used when one or more of the stratums in the population have a low incidence relative to the other stratums.
• Convenience sampling is used in exploratory research where the researcher is interested in getting an inexpensive approximation of the truth. As the name implies, the sample is selected because they are convenient. This non-probability method is often used during preliminary research efforts to get a gross estimate of the results, without incurring the cost or time required to select a random sample.
• Judgment sampling is a common non-probability method. The researcher selects the sample based on judgment. This is usually an extension of convenience sampling. For example, a researcher may decide to draw the entire sample from one "representative" city, even though the population includes all cities. When using this method, the researcher must be confident that the chosen sample is truly representative of the entire population.
• Quota sampling is the non-probability equivalent of stratified sampling. Like stratified sampling, the researcher first identifies the stratums and their proportions as they are represented in the population. Then convenience or judgment sampling is used to select the required number of subjects from each stratum. This differs from stratified sampling, where the stratums are filled by random sampling.
• Snowball sampling is a special non-probability method used when the desired sample characteristic is rare. It may be extremely difficult or cost prohibitive to locate respondents in these situations. Snowball sampling relies on referrals from initial subjects to generate additional subjects. While this technique can dramatically lower search costs, it comes at the expense of introducing bias because the technique itself reduces the likelihood that the sample will represent a good cross section from the population.

If I were an officer to promote a new flavour of toothpaste yet to be produced, I would use RANDOM SAMPLING METHOD
 Random sampling: Random sampling- all members of the population have an equal chance of being selected as part of the sample. You might think this means just standing in the street and asking passers-by to answer your questions. However, there would be many members of the population who would not be in the street at the time you are there; therefore, they do not stand any chance of being part of your sample. To pick a random sample, it is necessary to take all the names on the electoral register (A list of all the people who live in a particular area) and pick out, for example, every fiftieth name. This particular person needs to be interviewed to make the sample truly random. Random sampling is very expensive and time consuming, but gives a true sample of the population.
Types of Random sample:
• A simple random sample is selected so that all samples of the same size have an equal chance of being selected from the population.
• A self-weighting sample, also known as an EPSEM (Equal Probability of Selection Method) sample, is one in which every individual, or object, in the population of interest has an equal opportunity of being selected for the sample. Simple random samples are self-weighting.
• Stratified sampling involves selecting independent samples from a number of subpopulations, group or strata within the population. Great gains in efficiency are sometimes possible from judicious stratification.
• Cluster sampling involves selecting the sample units in groups. For example, a sample of telephone calls may be collected by first taking a collection of telephone lines and collecting all the calls on the sampled lines. The analysis of cluster samples must take into account the intra-cluster correlation which reflects the fact that units in the same cluster are likely to be more similar than two units picked at random

 Pros and Cons:
1. There are lot of bias in Random sampling
2. It is feasible and simple as the sampling is done on a random basis.
3. Can make sample units in groups.
4. Very expensive and time consuming, but gives a true result of the population
5. While in toothpaste case, the users can given a sample piece of toothpaste randomly to get the feedback or their opinion from the chosen population
Conclusion: Though the Random sampling has couple of de-merits it will help to figure out the result from the chosen population. While all other also may provide the result which may not be best comparing to the sampling method which I have chosen (Random Sampling)

Hey aman, do not need to worry about the project because i am going to help you in providing the related content for your project. Well, i have got important information regarding the marketing of Titan and would like to share it with you so that you can use it. So please download and check it.

Attachments

• Marketing Communication of Titan.pdf
    106.5 KB · Views: 0