What DO YOU WANT ??

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
THink that the only thing left in your life is management studies.

Think that your life is only revolving around CAT and economics and management strategies and top level management and making a big name in the management world.

Think that the only help you can get is from this website and you have the right to demand a change in anywhatsoever way you want.

What would it be ??

What would you like to change in this site ? What sections you would like revamped? What sections would you like to chuck off ? and what new sections would you like to introduce?

What rules you feel are obsurd? What more rules can be added to help you and what rules shud be scrapped??

SPEAK UP and say WHAT YOU would WANT ??

Every post gets from 10 - 100 points depending on the quality of post and demand.

:SugarwareZ-191:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
No Replies ?

You are getting points ( money ) to just tell us what you want on MP.

Either MP is too good that there arent ne changes that you think should be made, or you guys are too lazy to tell us.

ruvi_143

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yeah dude mp is too good for any changes.

one change i would like to see is in group discussions. could ya try increasing the gds, coz the timings are mostly at night.if there were 2 in a day, it wud be better. like case studies and discussions. basicallly increase the frequency.

what about the addition of a new cestion: The techno gizmo era

ruvi_143

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

one change i would like to see is in group discussions. could ya try increasing the gds, coz the timings are mostly at night.if there were 2 in a day, it wud be better. like case studies and discussions. basicallly increase the frequency.

what about the addition of a new section: The techno gizmo era

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
ruvi_143 said:

what about the addition of a new cestion: The techno gizmo era
Hi ruvi, thanks for the inputs. Actually, u can always post ur suggestions related to GD in the GD section. Anyway, see i am conducting the GDs and as it happens that right now, whenever i conduct the GDs, i find the participation is quite poor. Maybe people are busy with the written stage right now and hence not very keen on participating. Hence, owing to this factor, we keep it like 2-3 times a week. Once the written stage is cleared, we shall increase it to 1-2 sessions per day.

Keep in mind that we already have nearly 500 members in the group. But on any odd day, i find it hard to get 7-8 people from the group. So, i do not find it fruitful to increase the frequency right now. However, u can always participate whenever the session is conducted.

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii
as it has been ayear now for enjoying MP everyday..

i think its improving drastically...

but yet it finds some difficulty to find some notes too.... yet for me...

and i would like to include MBA notes.... and some MBA ready projects too
i know it has covered whole BMS
but yet MBA is not covered whole....

i would request for having MBA/ MMS different projects of different colleges...

from my side i assure u to avail..... SINHGAD college projects made by us....

so my view is about ?MBA projects, MBA refrences MBA stuff....

so its just my view... as when i went to my college... i told abt MP... they were unaware.. once they surfed the site they told its all about BMS/ BBA..
and little abt MBA.. so the above was my request...

no issues....

waiting for a positive response...

bye

chaitali

bye

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
chaitalithakker said:
but yet it finds some difficulty to find some notes too.... yet for me...

and i would like to include MBA notes.... and some MBA ready projects too
i know it has covered whole BMS
but yet MBA is not covered whole....

Yes Cheetu, u r right... We need to do much more towards the MBA side.... Already some material and notes have been posted, but we need to go steps ahead.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
great suggestions ruvi and chaitu.

50 and 75 points added respectively.

Keep the suggestions comming and give us more insights :)

i think more gd sessions should be conducted...
and as i early said...the time don't permit all the mp members to come at gd...
10pm

@ gaurav a.k.a. gdtaker..............................
u should change the timing ...
say 1 in afternoon...means btwn 12-1,
1 in night...11-12, (latenights bhi chalega)
likewise...u will get the response from mp members to gd session...
as it benefits to all..especiallly mba aspirants...
aftr cat n pi, gd is also imp criteria for mba admission...
so this 1 change i like to suggest u...

baki sab accha hi hai...
general talks, laughter section, articles, announcements, introduction, cat section, gd , pi, etc. all sections r awesome !!!

keep going...kartik...n...mp...!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
rahul_parab2006 said:
i think more gd sessions should be conducted...
and as i early said...the time don't permit all the mp members to come at gd...
10pm

@ gaurav a.k.a. gdtaker..............................
u should change the timing ...
say 1 in afternoon...means btwn 12-1,
1 in night...11-12, (latenights bhi chalega)
likewise...u will get the response from mp members to gd session...
as it benefits to all..especiallly mba aspirants...
aftr cat n pi, gd is also imp criteria for mba admission...
so this 1 change i like to suggest u...

baki sab accha hi hai...
general talks, laughter section, articles, announcements, introduction, cat section, gd , pi, etc. all sections r awesome !!!

keep going...kartik...n...mp...!

Hey Rahul,
do go through the thread... "Post ur GD timings" If u notice that more than 80% of the people are favouring the 10pm slot. Hence i decided against changing it. People are less likely to be free during the afternoon slot or late night slot bcoz either they would be asleep or busy with offices.

Moreover, i dun understand why people can eat half an hour late or early. I dun think food should become a compulsion not to allow u to participate and obviously, u can think, of alternate measures.

Anyway, these days, i generally start by 9:30 pm and hence ur problem should be solved to quite an extent.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
ok kartik, i thougt of talking to u on yahoo but since i might not be available after this, what i was thinking if creating a more helpful resourceful MP

You can have a section in the index which shows the list of all notifications of all the exams. this might require some programming change etc. When put up in the index, it would display all the notifications released so far with the chronological display of all the institutes attached to it and all the other necessary inst.

If possible, try to have a system wherein users could subscribe to a mailing list for a particular exam and then notifications could be sent to them as and when the date approaches.... This is with regards to all the dates of the main inst and also with regards to all the institutes one wishes to apply for in that particular exam.

This would require some considerable effort but it would become a sure shot bank of info and people can apply more easily having all the info with them.

Secondly, reviews and analysis of some good B schools would also be nice. Mpites can pool their knowledge of whatever inst they have (eg u know quite a lot about dalmia and other inst in bby and pune)

So an analysis can help others to know which ones to apply for. Eg. When checking for XAT, i came across many inst, of which i dint have much idea and have to run to my sources for extracting info.

What the Mpites can do is , once they have a good amount of info and search work is done. They can add the analysis they perceived from it.

I have already begun sticking all the notifications i have got so far and still continuing to do more work.

We can think about having more resources of questions, expert analysis and experienced B school faculty. So for this, if any of the Mpites, have any contacts with the B school or some teachers, they can bring forward the personnel. Moreover, tie up with some coaching centres (maybe not big but avg size) would also ensure the same and since they would earn the publicity, i am sure they would like to come forward.

I think Pratik, being a CAT topper, can help a lot for the CAT prep. If not, he can give his opinion and analysis on various issues of CAT.

One personal feedback, i would like to give is... to include more buttons in the quick reply box, esp the size, font, smiley and if possible, a quick preview option too. Changing the forum skin periodically is also a good option.

Apart from this, what we need is a good number of CAT aspirants. I feel that the number needs to increase more and Mp's popularity needs to be hiked. The active participation is still lacking.

That's all i can think for the moment. I will keep updating this sections, if i get some more ideas.

Regards,
Gaurav

one more suggestion is-
the "invite friends" implies only for hotmail users...kartik...u here can change this facility by adding ... invirte friends to yahoo users also... coz i don't hav htmail id...but i've yahoo id...my frnds also uses yahoo mostly...so i can not invite frnds as this facility is only upto hotmail users n not yahoo...

sso sunthing should be changed here...
wht u say...???

:big_grin:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Gr8 suggestions guys.... 75 points added to gaurav and 25 for rahul.

one more suggestion is-
the "invite friends" implies only for hotmail users...kartik...u here can change this facility by adding ... invirte friends to yahoo users also... coz i don't hav htmail id...but i've yahoo id...my frnds also uses yahoo mostly...so i can not invite frnds as this facility is only upto hotmail users n not yahoo...

sso sunthing should be changed here...
wht u say...???

Its difficult to code.. suggestion taken and will try to work on it.. though you can easily import all yahoo contacts in hotmail in 1 click and then use our script until we get thru it.

ruvi_143

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey can we have:

a database which we be ike a directory of the details of all the memebers. sometimes it makes it difficult to communicate. as in not the contact details but which coll wat dey studyin n stuff.

a photograph section

There should be some essentail points for the buy and sell section. it shud be mandatory for evri1 who wants 2 buy or sell to give the details /requirements of the product/service in detail.

OK. can ve al guys meet up 4 a project or sumthin or like some envoronmental camp and keep conducting such camps. im on mp on an average 3 hours a day and directly/indirectly we get in touch with so many ppl(virtually). so it would be good if we could meet up and discuss.(has been discussed camps and projects are payed more weightage here than CAT)

tHe above is what i feel. and im tryin my fullest to make mp the best

melroy88

Hey guys!
Well actually i have created and managed many forums myself a couple of years back.Well management paradise really rocks with a forum of around 16,000 + ....and we have a new member coming up every 5min or mabey every 1min. I havent been around here much ,so i may be wrong in my suggestion,well the age group interacting in this forum is a age where guys n gals want social stuff like games and music,mobile stuff etc etc... well we can have a category for music , games and a mobile section.
Music-If you do not want your server to be used for uploading music then dont use it coz people will upload it from rapidshare or any other site.
Games- People can upload small games or even online games
Mobile-All mobile accessories ,games and softwares can be added in this section.

Well apart from this there is this free online virtual chat where people can virtually chat with each other.This will be very useful as many users are online.This chat is a free thing jus like how you get a shoutbox.

melroy88

online chat.....yea good idea.....but the virtual chat sounds coool.....websites can have chatting like IRC chatting and many other types...But adding sound in it is kinda difficult...But dude try putting in a chat section ....there are many free online chat stuff man for websites...jus register and get a chatbox code free.....

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
People have given really good suggestions....Kartik gr8 thread and smart way for MR......

I have always being a gr8 fan of MP, and I always find it BEST. But when we are talking about improving it I will surely have some chotu-motu suggestions.

1. MBA should be a completely different section. Its become more than IMP to have notes materials etc campus talks etc about the whole course.

2. The MBA students should give database of the kinda placements happenning in their insti which will help us in a gr8 way to find out and self-rate the institutions. The interview questions and papers could be posted.

3. For BMS students we could get some "GOOD" profs who will give virtual lecture on v IMP subjects. This could be started for the TY students 1st, and then according to the response it could be increased/decreased.

4. personality development & Soft skill development section, where articles of the subject could be put up.

5. Book review section. Its really IMP for us managment students who continuously read books and articles. We could have 1 of such where we get bonus points for giving a good and interesting review.

Cant think of anymore....

Hope they are of some use....

regards,

Deya

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I'm glad the suggestions have started commin in.. we are reading this and we are working on it.. it will take time.. but we will get there sooner or later... keep the suggestions comming :)

bonddonraj

MP Guru
---------well kartik the first perception of MP is that it helps the person during his\her mba course.............looking at the site itself gives such feeling......if we want MP also to help aspiring MBA students my suggestion is to shift the section below premium projects or at the top ...............section for mba preperation is sanwitched .........it must have its identity and much concern is needed to develop it..........which i feel is leeser at the moment....since i have joind MP ...i see gaurav taking full care for it which is really appriciable...........but some more initiatives taking more responcibilities are needed...........

melroy88

kartik...try adding some scripts which can help for reading ...i guess there are many scripts to help sites to read posts ....i mean if some1 makes a mistake or a spelling mistake , when the cursor is on the word it shows the correct word...And along with picture ...is there a way we can also show .SWF files ...its possible on orkut ...i dont knw the codes for it...i can give you many html codes for different scripts...i mailed you the sites with the scripts...hope u checked them out