How ethical is todays corporates' practice to have summer trainies without stipend

priyajeet2000

How ethical is todays corporates' practice to have summer trainies without stipend.

This is a very common feature that todays B-School is facing, to place their students in which they aspire to join the organistion/company one day after passing out, without any stipend/salary.

The burnt is faced not only by "B" ranked B-School but also by IIM's, XLRI, FMS, MDI, etc.

What do you think of the intern, will this not de-motivate or compell him for not doing the ethical way of doing business.

ashish09

Dude thatz the way the world works ...... It is not measured on the basis of ethics.... Students from B schools apart from the top schools suffer this problem ........... But the major problem is not jus the stipend but it is the way in which the students are behaved...... This neither gives them remuneration for their work but they r treated as some C school guys & not b school.

confused21

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
this is the scenario today the companies get work done by trainees and dont provide them stipend wich they deserved.... well i too faced it i worked like hell out there and they said u hvn't done nythin forget abot the stipend dude!!

raman295

Hi Guys
While I agreee with your emotions, I think you should feel happy that the organisation has given a chance to 1. exhibit your knowledge 2. Provide you On the job learnings 3. Confidence to handle such subject matter once you take up full time role.
Offcourse, if they have promised stipend for a specific period they should pay. If they do as per the offer then I feel there is nothing unethical about it since they have kept up their commitment.It is a pity if they dont show proper respect and treat B- school guys with the respect and dignity they deserve.In any case, for that matter, every employee must be treated with respect and dignity.
cheers