RE: HR Project in Outsourcing industry

roxroy

RE: HR Project in Outsourcing industry

Hello Frienz, I am doing my MBA from University of Wales UK, currently I am doing my dissertation in Human Resource. Does anyone have knowldge HR policies and practices in outsourcing industry....or problems facing by HR managers in outsourcing industry...plz help me frienz...I also have to do survey in any company but I am not getting any company so plz help me out if possible...I will be very greatful to you.... if you have any suggestion or any info plz email me on

Last edited by a moderator:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Re: HR Project in Outsourcing industry

One of the problems you can think of in the outsourcing industry is the attrition rate.

Most of the companies in outsourcing industry have a higher attrition rate compared to other industries.

For policies and practices there are a lot of projects and ebooks available on the forum. Just use search button.

PS : Read the rules. Email ids are not allowed on the forum.

roxroy

kartik said:
One of the problems you can think of in the outsourcing industry is the attrition rate.

Most of the companies in outsourcing industry have a higher attrition rate compared to other industries.

For policies and practices there are a lot of projects and ebooks available on the forum. Just use search button.

PS : Read the rules. Email ids are not allowed on the forum.

@ Kartik,

Thanks for your suggestions....actually I found many problems like.. Job Satisfaction, Job Design, Working environment, employee retention.... Do you have any idea which call centre or outsourcing company will allow me to do survey... actually I emailed two three firms but I haven't got any reply..... So if you have any ideap plz do let me know....Thanks again

roxroy

Hey Thanks a lot buddy...Can you do me one more favor....I tried to look for HR

Policies and practices but I couldn't found...can you plz send me the links if you

have...

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta

hey roxroy.......the only problem that the BPo industry faces is that its Employees have a very high expectations....if they are promised those in a certain time frame...then you have the holy grail.....and even if that is not doen...atleast get to know your employees first....and only then will you be able to satisfy the lot........
now that there are checking times..the industry si not expected to grow at the same rate by which it exploded.....hence the employees should have these things in their mind......

Abhi

Hi roxroy,

I worked in a call center as Hr in hiring ,these are the problems what employees face in call centres .....as per my observation.......

1..Health problems.....lack of proper sleep leads to many problems and immediately leads to fatigue...........and employees after short period of time start hating these jobs..........

2. Monatony..........the job profile does not change ,,and employees need to read the same stuff, which is not challenging.....(there is no much scope for new things......after some time employees get used to the job and they start doing that mechanically..)...Motivating them is a tough task .........org should provide external motivating factors..

3.......Listening ..............U know it is really hard to listen for some thing continously..(I am talking about listening not hearing) Human brain cannot listen and accept stimuli for such a long time (9 hrs).........and call centre jobs demand constant concentration , listening and speaking ,,,and this is really tiring..

4.....Social life.......... Employees working in call centres miss social life ... and it is a very important factor to be considered.....

5.......I read somewhere that these call centre jobs and odd timings effect employees personal relations tooo ........

6..Security Issues............. Employees need to travel in odd timings and recent incidents at banglore shows the importance for proper security measures......

7......Food ..Most employees tend to eat junk food available at food courts in the oragnisations......to kill their hunger( working in night hours makes you more hungry........) Leading to obesity.........

these are the imp problems .........if you want to know anything else ...let us know.........

Abhi

roxroy

Abhi said:
Hi roxroy,

I worked in a call center as Hr in hiring ,these are the problems what employees face in call centres .....as per my observation.......

1..Health problems.....lack of proper sleep leads to many problems and immediately leads to fatigue...........and employees after short period of time start hating these jobs..........

2. Monatony..........the job profile does not change ,,and employees need to read the same stuff, which is not challenging.....(there is no much scope for new things......after some time employees get used to the job and they start doing that mechanically..)...Motivating them is a tough task .........org should provide external motivating factors..

3.......Listening ..............U know it is really hard to listen for some thing continously..(I am talking about listening not hearing) Human brain cannot listen and accept stimuli for such a long time (9 hrs).........and call centre jobs demand constant concentration , listening and speaking ,,,and this is really tiring..

4.....Social life.......... Employees working in call centres miss social life ... and it is a very important factor to be considered.....

5.......I read somewhere that these call centre jobs and odd timings effect employees personal relations tooo ........

6..Security Issues............. Employees need to travel in odd timings and recent incidents at banglore shows the importance for proper security measures......

7......Food ..Most employees tend to eat junk food available at food courts in the oragnisations......to kill their hunger( working in night hours makes you more hungry........) Leading to obesity.........

these are the imp problems .........if you want to know anything else ...let us know.........

Abhi

Hey thanks to all of you guys for your posts.

@ Abhi,

hey your data is very useful in my theseis...hey i am doing dissertation and for my dissertation employee survey....can you help me in this matter can you reccomend me any company....

roxroy

Hey thanks to all of you guys for your posts.

@ Abhi,

hey your data is very useful in my theseis...hey i am doing dissertation and for my dissertation employee survey is compulssory....can you help me in this matter ? can you reccomend me any company for survey ?....

birendra.trivedi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

hi,outsoursing now a days r on boom ,most of the companys who market their product do out sourcing and there r two types of out sourcing they r 1)greenfield out sourcing and 2) one is traditional out sourcing.now a days greenfield out sourcing is used because it depends upon the performance and contract being given by the company to this outsourcing centers

roxroy

birendra.trivedi said:
hi,outsoursing now a days r on boom ,most of the companys who market their product do out sourcing and there r two types of out sourcing they r 1)greenfield out sourcing and 2) one is traditional out sourcing.now a days greenfield out sourcing is used because it depends upon the performance and contract being given by the company to this outsourcing centers

Yeah but I am talking about the call centres where employees are facing so many problems with their job....problems regarding to health, stress, job security, working environment.... so how do you feel it's safe to work in call centres ?

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta

hi roxroy.........to suggest a company why not do it on MP........now that you r a full fledged employee of MP......do it on MP......and this will place your project in a different category........

roxroy

pratik_mehta7 said:
hi roxroy.........to suggest a company why not do it on MP........now that you r a full fledged employee of MP......do it on MP......and this will place your project in a different category........

Hello Pratik....MP wat is it state for ? I didn't get you [:(]...can you please tell me more about it....thanks

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta

hi roxroy.....can you tell me what does Roxroy...stands for.....thats what MP stands for.....

it is not different from you...and nor is it unknown from you....MP stands Management Paradise....our very site.....just like our very own...RoxRoy.......

buddy you can do an HR on this site......might be tough..but will definitely reap you results....

roxroy

oh :) so sorry buddy....i thought something different but...but you know wat pratik problem is i have to submit my survey forms to the university so I can not print this post...and btw university needs my email conversation print out bcoz they are very strict in this matter :(...actually i can do my project MP but university will not recognize this date :(...so that'z y i m looking for company...

roxroy

pratik_mehta7 said:
hi roxroy.....can you tell me what does Roxroy...stands for.....thats what MP stands for.....

it is not different from you...and nor is it unknown from you....MP stands Management Paradise....our very site.....just like our very own...RoxRoy.......

buddy you can do an HR on this site......might be tough..but will definitely reap you results....

Hey Pratik...do you have any idea from where i can get sample questionnaire for employee survey ? I have tried by using search function but i juz got the sample for job intervview questions...so if you have any idea plz do let me know...thanks

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta

ahh...well buddy....we can start a sample Questionnare on this very thread...all the MP Staff members...that means all....are requested to post atleast one question that will help ROXROY.........well like to start with me......i guess you will have a good compilation of Parameters to look on for....

1) OutSourcing Industry needs to Source out More Employees..potentials...but then why does it OutSource their needs and Blame the Industry Averages...?

Abhi

Well in India Genpact............would be a good choice to know about call centres.......

Genpact hold 3 rd rank in Employee satisfaction and No 1 in MNC call centre..

I did my project at genpact if you want i can send you mine...........

Abhi