Is the quota system for higher studies justified?

Do you think the Quota system for higher studies justified?

• Total voters

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
:) Just give your views about it... do you think the quota system in top management institutes and for higher studies justified.. This is an excerpt that i received through email.. and this totally satisfies what i want to say.. give your views about it...
:argue:
start..

There is lot of fuss about MBA now-a-days and every aira-gaira wants
to be an MBA becoz, FAT PAY CHECK, LUXURIOUS LIFE, SMART WIFE etc
well that was abt student doing it but i think now-a-days colleges
have also come down to such a low level that they do bot recognise
whom they are taking and on what basis. in the name of reservation
sc/st handicap etc the courses have been totally degraded. u believe
it or not its true. 15 % sc , 15 % st, kashmiri migrants,
international students, OBC so now what left for an open category
eligible candidate. NO ADMISSION TRY OUT NEXT YEAR. our education
system has been totally ruined. here are some statistics.

SIBM this year cutoffs.

Category MBA Marcom
Open 97.25 63.75
SC 54.50 21.25
ST 38 21.5
Physically Handicapped 65.75 50.5
Company sponsored 97.25 66.75
Kashmiri Migrant 70.50 54.25

now this is really disgusting just analyse. i say give every person
equal chance to compete. with these reservations many of them are
loosing crucial time of their life isn't it? by having reservation
quota what u r going to prove? that u have perfect candidates for
course? no. i got 49 in snap and if i was in any of the above quota i
could easily get in to it and after two years working at an reputed
post isn't it? India is a democratic country and every indian should
be given equal chance not on the basis of merit but many of the
candidate have in born leadership skills which the institute is
loosing with this quota. let there be equal competence between all
without being partial to any one . let them have equal stance to
stand on. TOI dated 14th jan too mentioned that a merit holder loosed
chance of geting admission because of these quota system. now this
is what admission procedure would be than my vision is that in few
yaers we will loose all cream coz candidates possessing qualities
will be diverted to different fields, money power will rule and
candidates like ME & U will certainly say better luck next time....

end

I seriously feel why these people need quota for.. if they are eligible they should get the seat.... i only suppot the quota for the armed forces thats all....

Your views

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I hate to say it, but i second karmas views .

Many institutes are gradually abolishing the quota system. The in house quota is already abolished in Nm bcom.

Although there is a flip side of it. We all know that there is someone better than us in some corner of the country.

Now, abolish all these quota of same state and linguistic minority .. etc ..

Are we mumbaiyans ready to leave mumbai and go some place else because the state quotas have been abolished ??

The university is on its march on improving . Also in decades to come.. I see a lot of multinationals comming in India in the educational sector. I feel, the student will be then considered as a customer and there will be no entrance exams , no quotas, if you have the fees to pay.. we educate you in whichever subject you wish to.

Interesting thread by the way @ karma.

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
So you say kartik.. its ok tht some1 with low iq and stupid thinking goes to IIM... and the person who was just a point low did not get a chance !!!!
I am not saying anything about a particular institution NM.. i am talking in general.. whichever university it is.... ok location wise quota is fine because that institute was made to fulfill the education needs of that area.. but what about National institutes...but to discrimnate on caste and creed.. we preach all indians are equal in status and are a secular country... then why these quotas... particular institutes are fine like NM which was started by a gujarati family so as to benefit their own caste... there is a language quota over there.. but why do these type of institutes have SC, ST type quotas... Say Y???????????????

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
First of all, a person who makes into the IIM cannot have a low IQ or stupid thinking.

FYI.... the GD and PI are taken because IIMs or for that matter any reputed institute wouldnt want a average or below average student to enter their institute ...

As for Quota system :

Freedom figher quota : Our friends parents and grandparents did something great for the country. So they deserve a better status in the country and should get some benifits for the same. Because your and my parents did nt participate in freedom fight of india that aggressively.. we cannot enjoy that.

Special women quota : I dont understand why they cry for being the fairer sex. but well Baah..

SC/ ST : Under priviledged people. We have done much harm to them in the early years when we practices caste discrimination etc/. So these quotas is our way of sayin, we are sorry and give them opportunity to be at par with us.

Handicapped: We have humiliated and made fun of them all the way in school. Now , they will have the last laugh by using those special Quotas.

I feel, students should get admission in whichever govt institute they want.
The seats should be increased.
As for private... let them do it their way .

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
See,, IIM do ask, u fall into which quota.... and give considerations accordingly.. secondly... sc/st i thnk a lot of time has passed after the harm doing....... poltics quota is fine.. because of representation of their corresponding tribe n all but education wise in national colleges... local is fine..... women quota.. well (i am getting ready for the wrath) they say we are equal and can do what men do.. and the always argue abt giving fair chance and giving equal status... then y quotas... seat reservations.. bus seats n all.......

i always respected the armed forces so nothing against them.. i support them... and no offence for handicapped.... they do need proper motivation... but why do people try to take undue advantage of what they have received.. no offence to every1 just few of them.. no arguements on this thread regarding this..

neways national institutes which conduct entrance tests nationally should give equal chances to every 1.... but some institutes have more than fair quota for these categories.. due to which deserving students lose out...

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well m kinda onto 2 thinking u could say.. I would like to say to remove the overall quota system prevailing in higher education majorly in master's level coz if u see these is the time when students shape up they entire life.. But at the same time i don't deny quota to the armed forces and the handicapped.. Coz both of them have a priority level in they own concern. If today i miss out coz of some one who got it through sc/st than i would surely like to raise my voice as they have the same capabilities may be not the equal platform but they get the chance to give the same entrance exam where they can prove themselves.. :panda: So why give them the upper hand???

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
the quaota system in our education system is not justified.students getting good marks are not getting admissions in better colleges whereas students who have a quota get admissions even aftwer scoring very less marks.what i feeel is that instead of having quota systems, we should have admissions reserved for students belonging to an economically backward family which can be found out seeing their IT returns.this will help in uplifting the poor and raising the standards of living overall.do u think this is feasible?

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Arey u want low IT erturn i will get you made.. but promise me admission in IIM then lol... its not about IT returns..... its about Fair Practice.... Equal Status.. equal grounds..... thx bhavin ...;) sum people dont get the point.... :p

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I.T returns no option down there.. I would just ask one of my family members to pay I.T who doesnt have a consistent income just put in minimal alternative or i would pay up I.T at minimal nd hoolah m in @ IIM.. Nah ways that way we tellin finance minister that all b-schools grads have major black income coz they cant show it white to get in B-schools..:pound:

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Other email i received "views"
This system not gonna change soon. SC/ST/VT/OBC/BBC/MC/BC f****s are vote banks. they never study hard and lay back on such quotas. first of all we need to change the system where politicians get to decide policies and a state academic committee should decide policies instead...oh wait! then there'll be a maharashtrian quota.....be satisfied with the fact that in the workplace they'r gonna be the first to get fired coz they have no idea what they're doing...

Vivek R.

I consider this view also quite offensive but true

Go bhavin nice comment up there

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Another proper view.... good news i suppose

Ninad Waghule

I can feel ur disghust at the reservations for the SC/ST/OBC etc. but they had not been implemented for causing discomfort to people. Actually, they were meant for the development of the backward classes in India.

But recently, the people in the open category complained about even the rich among the backward classes getting an unfair advantage in things like admissions to colleges etc. Taking that into consideration the Govt. has introduced a condition of Creamy Layer n Non Creamy Layer certificates. All people whose income is under the Rs.2 Lakhs per year fall in the Creamy Layer n those whose income is above Rs. 2 lakhs fall in the non creamy layer.

People in the non creamy layer dont enjoy the benefits of reservation and r given admission in the open category.

This was introduced recently and already many colleges have implemented it (not all). Well it shud be completely implemented by this year or the next.

This is a step in the right direction.

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
karma said:
Another proper view.... good news i suppose

Ninad Waghule

I can feel ur disghust at the reservations for the SC/ST/OBC etc. but they had not been implemented for causing discomfort to people. Actually, they were meant for the development of the backward classes in India.

But recently, the people in the open category complained about even the rich among the backward classes getting an unfair advantage in things like admissions to colleges etc. Taking that into consideration the Govt. has introduced a condition of Creamy Layer n Non Creamy Layer certificates. All people whose income is under the Rs.2 Lakhs per year fall in the Creamy Layer n those whose income is above Rs. 2 lakhs fall in the non creamy layer.

People in the non creamy layer dont enjoy the benefits of reservation and r given admission in the open category.

This was introduced recently and already many colleges have implemented it (not all). Well it shud be completely implemented by this year or the next.

This is a step in the right direction.

Ya i suppose these is a step in the right direction but not totally so? Why do i say this well read ahead to get to know. I would like to quote a line from above "they were meant for the development of the backward classes in India". The government has to think on education of the masses and thus can not ignore the backward classes coz for an overall rapid growing country the masses have to be contributing. But when i see on an overview i still feel its unjustice to others who have actually worked for that seat. As i had previously put in the post that they have the same platform and capabilities than let them come across in merit and if its for development than ya make concessions on fee structure so that they dont get a monetary burden while studying but givin them quota seats is not fair to all..!! :violin:

P.s : I see 11 votes in these thread while hardly 4 managers have been participating. Keep on the mentation going and keep posting..!!

Last edited:

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yup... great goin bhavin.... i think our brain wavelenghts are set at the same level... was just waiting for tht comment to happen thats a very valid point tht is one of the ansewr and the solution.....
bhavin_3 said:
make concessions on fee structure so that they dont get a monetary burden

Some Managers dont have anything to say any more... well i overestimated the managers here.... WoOoOoO. by these comments i think we make a valid point...

P.S: No Guts No Glory

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Some Managers dont have anything to say any more... well i overestimated the managers here.... WoOoOoO. by these comments i think we make a valid point...

GET REAL !!

First of all, dont count on bhavin soo much, he is very well known to turn his views just at the last minute ;) .

Secondly, reading the creamy and the non creamy layer solution that govt is soo excited about.. I think we already discussed and we all know how to show a fake " Low Income Slab " .

Doesnt seem a solution to me

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
GET REAL !!

First of all, dont count on bhavin soo much, he is very well known to turn his views just at the last minute ;) .

Well known to change views haa :pound: ..!! A hole in the ice is dangerous only to those who go skating. When u gestate something only than u have an option of questioning your opinion and a person questioning his own opinion majorly pertains to reach some kind of origination.

kartik said:
Secondly, reading the creamy and the non creamy layer solution that govt is soo excited about.. I think we already discussed and we all know how to show a fake " Low Income Slab " .

Doesnt seem a solution to me

Tell u what fake is a word which has been very much compatible to the Indian Environment. Each and every field has a loop hole when u use the word fake. So it's not much of relavance cause any answer u would come up the word fake would be sever there. The issue in hand is how to solve the problem and the solution of creamy and the non creamy layer seems very enchanting at the moment.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Well known to change views haa :pound: ..!! A hole in the ice is dangerous only to those who go skating. When u gestate something only than u have an option of questioning your opinion and a person questioning his own opinion majorly pertains to reach some kind of origination.

A simpler version would mean " I dont think before i give my opinon "

Tell u what fake is a word which has been very much compatible to the Indian Environment. Each and every field has a loop hole when u use the word fake. So it's not much of relavance cause any answer u would come up the word fake would be sever there.

The word fake is compatible not just with indian environment but with every business environment. The issue at hand is how to get a full proof solution so that the backward class is uplifted and those which are not in that category dont take undue advantage of it .

The issue in hand is how to solve the problem and the solution of creamy and the non creamy layer seems very enchanting at the moment

Enchanting is for fairytales . I would rather appreciate a not so enchanting but practical solution .

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
A simpler version would mean " I dont think before i give my opinon "
Ya many people never tend to understand english i wonder why??

kartik said:
The word fake is compatible not just with indian environment but with every business environment. The issue at hand is how to get a full proof solution so that the backward class is uplifted and those which are not in that category dont take undue advantage of it ..
Totally agree why dont u give one option in these subject which is full proof. :pound:

kartik said:
Enchanting is for fairytales . I would rather appreciate a not so enchanting but practical solution .

U tell me a better solution which according to u is much more practical.. The ball is on your court..!!! :horn:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Ya many people never tend to understand english i wonder why??
Mayb because it isnt used properly :)

Totally agree why dont u give one option in these subject which is full proof.
Thats for us to discuss. For now, I dont agree on the creamy and non creamy layer solution.

U tell me a better solution which according to u is much more practical.. The ball is on your court..!!!
And it always will be . Amen !!

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
Mayb because it isnt used properly :)

Not used properly haila mera phenglish bigadgaya lagta hai.. Even a 12 yr old could say its correct and the meanin too...:big_grin:

kartik said:
Thats for us to discuss. For now, I dont agree on the creamy and non creamy layer solution.
Lol discussion ya well thats y we are here for...!! Though u were going pretty out of the subject. Rather than puttin views on Is the quota system for higher studies justified

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Not used properly haila mera phenglish bigadgaya lagta hai.. Even a 12 yr old could say its correct and the meanin too...:big_grin:

True, It did sound childish, maybe a 12 yr old would understand it better :pound: .

Lol discussion ya well thats y we are here for...!! Though u were going pretty out of the subject. Rather than puttin views on Is the quota system for higher studies justified

I already did put my view , Read post no 4 .