Education and success - Is there a correlation?

there have been a lot of examples .... where education has not mattered... bt in todays scenario... it is a must

education is d whole n soul of success.......

if no education thn ur confidence shud b d limit of sky......

Last edited by a moderator:

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
education provides a thinking direction to the person which may help him to be successful. but there is not much correlation between them

adiishi

Banned
think that it is other way round

There are thousands of people that are 'World Famous' (not just you and me know them but the whole world knows them) in what they are doing but do not have a graduation degree (or their degree doesn't matter in what they are doing). I am quoting some of the names at the end of this post

And, there are handful of people who are 'well educated' and successful as well.

akashkhetpal_86

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ohh yes, there is a big relation in the 2, we all are not lucky enough to become ambani or Birla, who dint have any thing in hand in the beginning, but every thing till we die, in this corporate world, if u gotta win, you gotta study, its nt just ur mba books, but study knowledge, which is prime importance and that my dear friend could be said as education...

kits_12

well...that depends on: how do you define education? is it the number of education degrees one has acquired over the years? well, in that case, it is difficult to say...there is bound to be some correlation...as u learn something eventually from all that you study - whether it is about the subject or simply how to think and approach a problem... If u define education simply as what we learn irrespective of degrees, it makes you highly probable for success...its like you have the key ingredient...the passion for learning from things around you and that you have the ability to upgrade yourself each day...it finally boils down to the individual...education doesnot necessarily imply success...you need to have other key ingredients as well.. determination, hard work, street smartness, etc... but yes, there sure seems to be a correlation between education and success

nazkan84

I would say that education and success are correlated but at a very less %, its the experience which leads to success, education helps for succeeding, even an illitrate can be a successfull person

adesh5

It seems we are equating education with literacy.
Education is the corner stone of success. An educated person may not be successful all the time but an uneducated person stands very little chance to succeed.

jattindy

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think there is not high correlation because there are people who are uneducated but are successfulll

ashpt33

Banned
education dosent mean sitting in a class...n doin 6 hours study...it means how u learn the ways of life...n be successful...

samiksha_hi

Education need to be more practical and vocational in order for the coorealtion btw success n education to be positive ...
however , education cannot be a yardstick to measure the success quotient of an individual ...

hi
this is absolulely wrong education and success is not at all co-related. there are so many examples to show that uneducated people gain so much name and fame in life. Depends on what exactly do you mean by Education. If Education is just a college degree or a graduation certificate, then I dont think that Education and Success has any relation.
I somewhat agree that, for a person to be successful in a particular field he should have a thorough knowledge and should be able to understand the intricacies involved. This knowledge does not essentially come from a College degree.
In this age formal education is too much over-rated.
For a person to be successful he should firstly have a passion for his work. He should have perseverance, hunger for success and a importantly he should be able to constantly innovate himself and his methods of work.

If you check the biography of persons like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Dhirubhai Ambani, Einstein, MK Gandhi, take any celebrities like Amitabh bachhan, Amir Khan.....
They all either dont have a formal education or their education is not related with the field of work they are known for. According to me they all are successful in their fields.

I would say there no relation or co-relation whatsoever between formal education and Success.

jalaja87

I feel the two are extremely correlated. There could be a few exceptions like Bill Gates or Einstein, but most of the other successful people are well educated. Education basically helps one hone his skills and guides him in the right direction.

lovishsharma73

hey i think before searching for the correlation between education and success one must define success for himself....for a normal person getting a good job and living a comfortable life is a success...but for smeone else it may be not...i think education is not the sure short formula for success but i think in modern day scenario it is one of the most important ingredient of success

Education doesnt mean the only college or school education. Success is definitely directly correlated with the success but the part of education which contribute to success is the education of character.

Character is the foundation for all true success. A person may have money, position, or power, but unless he has “good” character he or she is not considered to be truly successful. What is character education? Character education is the teaching of virtues. To many people the word virtue has an old-fashioned and negative connotation. Yet the lack of basic virtues is what is causing our society to crumble. Because children are not being taught character education at their homes.

We do not often think of character as having such a direct effect on our successes or failures. But when we break character down and consider the individual qualities that together make up character, we can easily see that it is true that Character Determines Success.

trance

My stand says that the two are not correlated when one has lots of chances and the right time is there for success. the level of competition demands the level of intellect and level of intelligence. This level can be generated from the level of formal education one undertakes. Take example of BillGates and SteveJobs, both were not successful because of any other reason beside having a handsome knowledge about their work and industry with proper marketing practices applied to oneself and into the work.
Sometimes this understanding doesnot come automatically from senses. At this moment of time, one has to go with formal education or any degree to know things better and to understand how the things work in real life. however, at the cost of time and experince also one can learn this thing. So i would be happy to end up my answer in a more diplomatic way.
P.S.: my post graduate institute has conducted many programs for entrepreneurs (formal and informal) and collectively have produced SME busniess owners or entrepreneurs in lacs. This can be a significant example of how people who have taken formal course in entrepreneurship have build their career.

vibhasm

success depends upon many things and education is one of them. in todays competitive enviroment one needs to be aware of different aspects of business, enviroment, practices to become sucessful where a high quality education plays an important role and hence it is corelated to success.