project on mergers and acquisitions

payal367

hey guyzz, am wrkin on my 100 mrks proj on mergers and acquisitions..cn anyone tell me on wat heading cn i take the GTB merger with OBC..as i want to incl it in my proj....plssssss HELP

thanxxx

tholia101

hi you can go through the annual reports of the comapny and see the investment by the compnay for aqusition

abhishreshthaa

can anyone give me some info about mergers and acquisitions?

hey sujatha, here is a brief introduction about MERGERS & ACQUISITION check it out i hope it can be helpful....

Mergers

Merger is a financial tool that is used for enhancing long-term profitability by expanding their operations. Mergers occur when the merging companies have their mutual consent as different from acquisitions, which can take the form of a hostile takeover.

The business laws in US vary across states and hence the companies have limited options to protect themselves from hostile takeovers. One way a company can protect itself from hostile takeovers is by planning shareholders rights, which is alternatively known as - poison pill. If we trace back to history, it is observed that very few mergers have actually added to the share value of the acquiring company. Corporate mergers may promote monopolistic practices by reducing costs, taxes etc.

Such activities may go against public welfare. Hence mergers are regulated d supervised by the government, for instance, in US any merger required\s the prior approval of the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice. In US regulation son mergers began with the Sherman Act in 1890.

Mergers may be horizontal, vertical, conglomerate or congeneric, depending or the nature of the merging companies.

Acquisitions

Acquisitions or takeovers occur between the bidding and the target company. There may be either hostile or friendly takeovers. Reverse takeover occurs when the target firm is larger than the bidding firm. In the course of acquisitions the bidder may purchase the share or the assets of the target company.

chhottu

can anyone provide me project on mergers and acuquisition or investment and portfolio analysis on my following mail ID

abhishreshthaa

can anyone provide me project on mergers and acuquisition or investment and portfolio analysis on my following mail ID

hey chhottu, search for it in the search option in the site there are many projects on Merger & Acquisition...
and one more thing friend, sorry to say but we do not mail projects....

so it will be good enough friend if we discuss the project over here..
OK..

:SugarwareZ-230: