Does internet have bad effets in terms of social relationships?

ankitgokani

MP Guru
internet has bad effects on a relationship. others would just rely on internet to communicate with their partners and as we know it isnt enough. one relationship has to be bounded with love and affection but if the couple or friends are just communicating on the internet, they may not be sure if their partner is really telling the truth.
:SugarwareZ-031:

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its not the problem of the internet but the problem of the individual.Internet is a tool used for effective communication and internet never guarantees that all the communications happening are authenticate.Its the moral responsibility of the individual to rely on internet only for queries and not trust it fully.

-Deepak.

rather Internet has given birth to some socialnetworking sites like ORKUT n FACEBOOK.
The task of finding our old freinds seems to be next impossible without these sites.
It also provides opportunity to make new friends.
I agree with Deepak that It is completely subjective to speak about bad aspects of anything be it internet or science and technology.
The results are purely dependent upon the use it iz kept to, and the way it is taken,.

THUS Internet doesnt have badeffects on social relationship, but definetly it affects teh relationship

riamehta

i feel tht trusting on a person whom u meet on any networking sites like orkut on internet totally depends on the person.whether the person wants to turst or no.

pvyasaswy

Internet can be both a boon and a bane which affects social relationships... Consider orkut .. As someone said earlier, it gives an oportunity to find people of your tastes or ideas.. eg: some Indian students who planned for higher studies abroad made some companions even before going there through orkut which is one of the best social networking sites in India.. But excessive usage of internet even for good causes can also be harmful... It certainly has a negative impact on the individual.. Chances are that one gets addicted to internet and may not socially go well in his living community...Though I agree that people in internet always do not tell the truth but what is the guarantee that a person who is with you in the real world always tells truth ?? I believe relations are based on trust and one should use his wits while dealing with others to lead happy life.. And well said in posts that using internet for good or bad is upto the individual..

preeti112

Everything in the world has merits or demerits.So as with the internet but to say it has bad effects in terms of social relationship is not completely true..as it is not the fault of internet.It depends on the individual accesing it.Rather internet is providing the good platform for communicating in the face of various networking sites for e.g

yogin

MP Guru
i think yes but people must not forget tht it is a virtual world
user build relationship but they dont respect it further
there r many few realtionship which goes succesfull but later it gives a big problem as per the survey done before. SO BWARE .................:SugarwareZ-254:

mumbaisach2005

obviously not......
its because internet is used for the informative purpose and specially for communication purpose....so such a medium cannot have a bad effect...
its mostly depends on one other's perception.

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
On a personal usage level -
I love the fact that i can keep in touch with family and friends no matter which part of the world they are in...

but it gets ridiculous when ppl cannot pick up the phone to call on say b'day/festivals .. just an email is sufficient..

We are definitely networking like never before, sharing knowledge and opinions but The charm and the warmth of a self-written note exceeds an impersonal email anyday ... I miss the good-ole days :)

hustla365

Internet has affected us in many ways..............
the positive side is that it has given a platform to stay connected through social networking sites
however one must remember that its not the internets fault..............it was created to help us out and stay connected so as to share information and views just as we are doing now..........but rather we must see how we use it creating fake identity which can influence a persons decision is a major factor
I cannot really conclude anything concretely but all i had to say was if internet does affect our relationship in any way whether good or bad its because of that person who is using it in a way so as to further or demolish his relation
thank u

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
everything has some pros and cons.... its not internet, its the people who cause any effect. internet is just a medium

gaurav_41283

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
people we meet on social sites are not authenticated and it is the possibility that they are fake
so we cant trust them

madronny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its not the problem of the internet but the problem of the individual.Internet is a tool used for effective communication and internet never guarantees that all the communications happening are authenticate.Its the moral responsibility of the individual to rely on internet only for queries and not trust it fully.

suaveboy

Banned