My College Rocks !!

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Vishal here, i am telli u all wht i knw n thnk abt my colg...

ABOUT S.I.E.S

The S.I.E.S (South Indian Education Society) College of Commerce and Economics, a premier institution in the city of Mumbai, was founded to serve the cause of education, as it is said that education is the source from which comes the well being of people. The society which started with a small school has grown enormously and now offers courses in Engineering, Management, Science, Arts, Commerce and other professional courses.

Keeping in view the growing demand for the study in the stream of commerce, the SIES College of Commerce and Economics was inaugurated in May 1989 by the then Vice-President of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma . Right from its inception the college has grown from strength to strength. The pursuit of excellence has added to our academic stature and the college is a leading centre of Commerce education.

FESTIVALS

FANTASIES:
Look no further, “Fantasies” is the annual cultural extravaganza of S.I.E.S College of Commerce and Economics. In a short span of just 13 years, this inter college festival has successfully enthralled thousands of students from all over Mumbai. “Fantasies ” has seen more than 72 colleges with over 2000 students participating in various events in the past years. FANTASIES is an innovating festival overflowing with events which captivates, fascinates and enthralls the audience for 3 days.
In this short span of just 13 years, we have achieved what many colleges have not even dreamt of.

Traveling back in time, what was a dream of a few students, has over the years transformed into a big reality. In the initial years it was an in house affair with a few inter class competitions. However, today it has spread all over Mumbai having under its canopy more than 72 colleges and an enthralled audience for over 20,000 students eagerly waiting for “FANTASIES”.

Over the years we have been continuously, innovating and learning from our past experiences .Active and enthusiastic student participation supplemented with a great deal of support from our esteemed sponsors, has been instrumental in our success.

RHAPSODY

A haunt for various events and insurmountable ingenuity, “Rhapsody” is an intercollegiate management festival of S.I.E.S College of Commerce and Economics. It is a cornucopia of events, which enthralls the audience for two days.
“RHAPSODY” is a festival by the BMS students of SIES College of Commerce and Economics. This is a festival for the students of Graduation & Post Graduation in Management and Allied courses. The event is one of its kind being well balanced with academic and management events keeping it ahead of its time.
“RHAPSODY” has been identified as one among better known intercollegiate festivals in the country in an article by the Education times.

Student’s achievements:
· “Businessence”- Annual newspaper for the students, of the students, and by the students- An endeavor for the students from the Rhapsody house.

· “HEAD START” a one-day event exclusively for the junior college students. It includes competitions, a Career guidance seminar and mock BMS CCEE.

· Social Cause-the humane aspect of our students where we have a CRY Soul Club, as also the “HELP THE DEPRIVED” an event held during Rhapsody to provide the underprivileged children with a platform to perform and let their talents be known to the world.

DISHA
The S.I.E.S College of Commerce and Economics has been organizing “DISHA”, the annual career fair since 1994.

Specialization being the need of the day, “DISHA” provides students with information on a wide variety of emerging and lucrative careers. During “DISHA”, eminent speakers from various walks of life share, enlighten and guide students on various career options.

Over the years, “DISHA” has achieved immense success and has been very popular among students of colleges and schools. “DISHA” is one of the few events that exclusively conduct workshops related to conventional and offbeat careers. It saves students a lot of time and energy and is the best information resource centre.

COURSES OFFERED
For Class XI and XII - Commerce

Bachelor's Degree of Commerce

Bachelor's Degree of Management Studies (BMS)

C.C.E.E. coaching for BMS entrance

CET/CAT coaching for MBA

I.C.W.A.I. Foundation Course coaching

Remedial course for English

Intensive coaching for third year B Com - Selected students

Web Designing and Programming

Software Engineering

Training in Self-Development

Leadership Training

Yoga and stress management.

Library

The library is well-equipped with latest journals, newspapers, magazines and books. It is also a member of the British Council Library, SNDT Women's University Library and the American Information Resource Centre. You name the book and you have it here.

Additional facilities

The college two Computer Labs with 31 computers and Internet facility. The adjoining plot of land is being developed as a playground.

Activities

Students participate in chess, carom, basket ball tournaments-participation is at the inter collegiate and university level. Celebration of Annual Sports Day is a regular feature, for the college.

Students are enthusiastic and regular in their participation in Inter-collegiate, university level cultural events, debates and elocutions.

Commerce Forum

The Commerce Forum organizes industrial visits to provide practical exposure to the BMS students. The forum is also responsible for organising Career Fairs and other exhibition.

NSS/NCC

The NSS Unit along with its usual activities like organising blood donation camps, participation in hospital project, tree plantation project, workshop on educational aids, forest sensitization programme and workshops on pre-marriage counselling. The college NCC cadets are also involved in organising pretigious camps and trekking camp.

INFRASTRUCTURE
SIES College of Commerce and Economics has 1 building comprising of 6 floors.
ground floor has the administrative office and principle room and 2 lecture rooms.

1st floor has library and computer lab room.

2nd floor also has 2 computer lab rooms .
2-3-4th floor have rooms used for Bcom and Junior college lectures.

5th floor is exclusively for BMS Department with a seperate Staff room on 5th floor itself.

6th floor has rooms for B&I and A&F students and the terrace part aside is the gymkhana used for carrom and TT.

COMING TO BMS IN DETAIL:
Students:
Over the years, SIES Students have achieved immense success in thier lives and the past and current batches have real talent hidden within themselves. these talent are exposed by the BMS Students during various festivals that are organised by them during the course of the enitre year as weel as academic performance.

At present, the quality of students SIES BMS has is one of the best among all the previous batches.
TYBMS-112 Students
SYBMS-120 Students
FYBMS-120 Students

FAculty:
truely speaking, the best faculy any college can have is available at SIES.
there are at present 4 permanent faculty members and appriox 10-12 visiting professionals from the industry.

Current TYBMS batch has the followig Faculty:
HRM--> Dr. Ramchandran (visitng ) and Mrs. Nirupama PAthwardhan ( inhouse )
SSM--> Geeta Mam ( X-SIES west co ordinator and Rashmi Mam ( Inhouse )
FM---> Mr. Arving Dhond ( Visitng Faculty - author of Vipul Prakashan FM text book)
LOGS> Mr. Bhide ( Visiting -very famous for logs )
MOC--> Mr Sanjay Keila ( Paper setter and X Bhavans Andheri CO ordinator )
RM--> Mr. Krishnamoorty ( visiting--Author of RM text book , i suppose himalaya publication ..dnt rem)

OUR CO Ordinator --- Mr Rajkumar Bagadia-- A gem of a person, A law professor with immense knowledge , is the person behind the success of SIES BMS along with his students and faculty...he is rsponsible for bringing SIES among the top in the city.

OTHERS:

At SIES, Presentations r supposed to be made on LCD_PPT... LCD r available ne time but has to be booked one day prior.. OHB is also available . both in BMS Staff room.

Each subject of all 3 yr BMS, TY<SY<FY has a subject co ordinaotr who co ordiates with the class and professor for lecture timings in case ne changes, notes, project ,. presentations, test, etc..

All divisions have thier Respective CR and DR

CL ( tht is me ) is responsible for Cultural activites ( i do not take much initiative...lol.. wil pas it on 2 my juniors now )

frequent case study discussions and smal topic presentations r carried on.

A lecture is nevr 100 % theorotical...its 80 % practical ( case studies, disucssions, activites and one to one interaction )

richrayboy

its gr8 2 c u vishal writin all this facts... nice 2 see tat u r coll hs so mny courses how i wish i ws in ur coll n e wys gr8 wrk keep it up i guess dis post will definetly help students who r ntn info on d various courses offrd

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
richrayboy said:
its gr8 2 c u vishal writin all this facts... nice 2 see tat u r coll hs so mny courses how i wish i ws in ur coll n e wys gr8 wrk keep it up i guess dis post will definetly help students who r ntn info on d various courses offrd

thx buddy...but whts ur good name..wht do u do....thx for posting

samir_dadi

Good work deya... u described well...but the potential ka thing, i doubt, bcoz i feel the enviornment which we r provided with, will ver let this potential blossom....i feel sorry for guyz who re just exam oriented, they suck, cant tell nymore without abusing & co-ordinators (saala everyone knows this is my id)...so forget it...

thanks!

sushobhan

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well hello to everybody here.

Myself Sushobhan and I am studying in IIPM. I am in my final semester. Well about my college. Hmmmmmmm . . . let me think ... well its a decent enough college or shall I use the term business school ..... Its very good in academics ... good library, awful canteen & nightmarish management. Funny a management college is not good in management ... isn't it but that i think is the irony of life....

The students are really very good .... the girls are good looking and sincere in studies .... IIPM is actually a college for the kids of rich families who mant to get into the management world. I am a misplaced identity since i am not rich.

One thing i like about IIPM very much is its ability to hold on to its image despite so many ruminations, media glare and conspiracy theories being held against it.

I love IIPM for the friends i got here and also for the girl friends i got here [just kidding]

Bye

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
25 points for that sushobhan .

Though I would have personally loved it had you put some info about the infrastructure and the kind of faculty you have there. Also the placements.

IIPM is the most talked about Bschool and to get inside info from a student down there would make it a exciting read :)

dpka

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
SIES college of commerce n economics...

courses offered: BMS(ranked 5th in mumbai), BCom (BnI), BCom(AnF), Bcom,BSc-IT
BMS staff: the co-ordinator is Saraswathi mam (vice-principal), cheif co-ordinator 4 all 3 sies coleges(sion east n west n nerul) is Mr. Bagadia. Mr. Bhide(ex-princi) best 4 logistcs, n many other qualified professors
hang out places: Raju sandwichwala jst outside d campus gives u quick n good sandwiches. the B M juice centre is another place ppl flock. Central peninsula is d fav restraunt near the college n not 2 4get Cinemax... the ultimate place 2 b!!
fests: fantasies d common fest 4 d college. RHAPSODY is the exclusive BMS fest. besides der is a spl business quiz held every year.
extra info: well one drawbak abt d college is that it hardly has a campus, cell fones r strictly not allowed n d canteen has very less space n very few eatables! but d library is excellent.. first time i saw huge number of students actully usin d library. d crowd is extremely pleasant, easy going n decent.

sies has participates is most of d extra curricular activities n makes sure makes a mark whr it goes... d students r excited 2 b a part of other college fests.

also d college organises a spl Career fest called DISHA whr various workshops r held. d student council of d college is actively involved in activities that benefit d college n students.

it indeed has a strict management n faculty. no nuisance is tolerated. d Bcom AnF, BnI have lovely classrooms n excellent faculty. BMS students enjoy good reputation n fine academic performance.

now one info 4 future BMS students... CCEE cut off was 57 (1st list) n 50 (last list) n der is south indian language minority... so guys if u wanna jump in jst strike at those marks n b amongst d most intelligent crwod!! :)

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
dpka said:

Bhide(ex-princi) best 4 logistcs,

hey dieepika.... ur mistaken dear...this bhide sir is diff....logs prob....our X prini aint a logistic professor....logs bhide prof is diff... well...being in our fy batch....i gotta meet ya....cya soon whn colg re opens.. Vishal here...frm TYBMS - A div..

A.J.

Maverick
NM - My (former) college....

....is the best! :aj:

And yes, I know I'm not going to get any points for this!! :aj1: :aj:

bonddonraj

MP Guru
NIMS !!!my college .!!!.......150 students with ..no brains ........good building ..good for nothing........ stupid canteen with high price tea....liberary with no books computer lab ..with no download facality.....faculty all full of igo problem.......admin with no information.....GOD where i am!!@@**&&$$?????
kartik yaar what to write it about it .......... girls bhi haen ....but already engaged....ehhhhhh.....worst part of the story is my one of faculty(female indeed) proposed me few days back#$***??!! A.J any of your special comments???
aaur kya likkhu peon...ya ...running after me...asking all time"yaar kai job dila do"
he he maen yahan kyoon aya phir??
generally i prefer sundays for my college when no one is there in college and i get table and chair to sit and study !!!!!!! this is ny great college!!!!!!!

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi Friends,

This is an excellent opportunity given by Kartik to all MP members. Here you can not only earn points but also help others to know about various colleges without actually visiting them......

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. The first and foremost thing is that “I am an Amittian !”. Yes, I belong to Amity Business School in Noida.

Friends, I always wanted to be a part of Amity Business School, not as a student but as an important member of the visionary team. I have the determination and the vision same as the visionary team or management of Amity Business School.

Trust me, this B-school not only has good and huge campus but the Chairman, President, Vice-President and the Directors have good reputation in the industry. I myself has met the Chairman, President and a couple of Directors and they are so down to earth that I could not imagine myself after meeting them. I was utterly impressed by the speech I heard from Mr. Ashok Chauhan and Mr. Atul Chauhan, it was just enough to make everyone in the room speechless and every student could feel the vibes that they were getting to be a part of this school and teh kind of determination they were experiencing.

The faculties even in the Distance leraning section are so well renowned and once you attend their lecture and know about their career growth, you all will be highly motivated. They are so well educated and comes to Amity with such a wonderful experience.

The students at Amity are all well mannered and eager to help others. This is what I myself has learned at Amity. Amity recognises the talent in students and award them with various titles and also helps their career growth. The various forums at Amity also helps the students in their developmental plan. I really appreciate the Girl child education forum at Amity called "Amitasha".

These forums which is a team of students and some leaders as teachers organises a lot of curricular activities in school. When it is about the distance leraning students and as they are usually working bunch of students, the school tries to organise the curricular activities with the corporate industry. Like, they organised cricket match with "GE". They call corporate renowned people to give lectures. Also I have attended one of the session on First Aid help which was orgainsed by Amity with the help of Dharmshila Cancer Hospital consultant doctors.

The school also provides the hostel facility which is also very good. The canteen is very neat, clean and hygienic. I find the computer and library facility also very helpful. They are also well organised nad well equipped with latest books and magazines, and most important is that you get the atmosphere to actually think and study.

I am proud to be called an Amittian and I definitely recommend students for this B-school. I really miss my days at Amity!

Regards,
Shilpi

dpka

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
thnx vishal... u ofcourse knw a lot more abt sies than me... n hope u pass on some knowledge 2 ur junis!!! ;)

rukhsana_yasmin

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
HMMMMMMMM this is nice............if any faculty or management of RBS has come up with such suggestions i would ve only highlighted the negavtive points with such hype tht they would ve never asked me again.................i remember an incident when a new teacher asked us abt our coll and we took 10 secs to tell all the negative points and rest 1 hr to think abt a single positive point ....sad...we never came up with any such point and her class got over.......any ways let me give an honest review abt my college RAI BUSINESS SCHOOL, DELHI CAMPUS........

RAI BUSINESS SCHOOL :- was into news for long time due to affiliation problem.....got affiliation for its existing students frm maharshi dayanand university and became a learning center for madurai kamraj university...providing regular and valid degree to students...........

INFRASTRUCTURE :- good building, looks like some 5 start hotel and well furnished. good library with enough books and computers with 24hrs internet network. laptops and lcd arepresent, fully air contioned classes, caffeteria well maintained,auditorium,ramp room and well equipped gym etc

truth :- the building is so gr8 beacuse it was office of usha phones which was declared bankrupt by vinay rai...though it was not.......no doubt the campus is cool......library is large and with cabins...office like.....has its own advantages and disadvantages......
u'll find all kinds of books u don't need.....and won't find the one u need.......this yr they ve improved the infrastructure though......so they even got us the books we asked them to get...........tht's the first time in yrs (done bba frm here only)
building is supposed to be centralized air contioned which they utilize only at time of admissions and guest lectures etc.......so there are 2nd hand ac's in room.....most of the time not working....complain procedure is long.......so have to do with fans in classes........
cafeteria is large and good......food is ok ok......and at reasonable rates.......
u can't acess computers after 5 pm......not even library...GOD knows why they say 24hrs computer acess.........anyways.....most of the time net speed is fine and frm this yr only.....lab attendants are available if there is any problem with network.......
one new rule is tht one can't acess the net on laptops as there is no wi-fi.......they are promising to get it soon....soon means maybe few yrs........

faculty :- u'll get all kind of faculties here. from highly knowledgeable to pathetic teachers. most of them are helping but few have attitude like they own the world. RBS dean is very helping and frndly. comparitively deans of other colleges.........many colleges have been shifted to our campus......cause noida campus was demolished by authority.......(nobody knows the truth why it was demolished ) and one building has some tax due abt rs 2 crore......vinay rai is one hell of a corrupt person.
but most of the teachers are good here and don't ve any probs with them......

fest :- alchemy is the yearly fest....last yr it was not held coz we were not in a mood to celebrate...this yr see what happens.......celebrated in febraury every yr......this yr i didn't attend so dunno how it went.......

students :- cool,trendy , dont give damn kind of attitude....most of the students reflect such kind of attitude.......but u'll find all kind of person......this time the quality level of students has surely gone down dunno why.......but rai has got talented students too that i'll accept...organising few events has proved tht.........rai culture is rocking.......parties now and then, one can turn caffeteria into disc...as its large.......
the auditorium has recently build...ok -ok type with capacity of harldy 200 -250 people...not large enough.......

seminars and guest lectures :- lot of them......this is the only thing tht u'll find being organised whole yr.......

placements ; ok ok types..............last yr they boasted abt such good placements......but guess most of them went through their own approaches.......the ladies there in dpeartment always come up with new wierd ideas and we agree with full enthusiasm and then dogde it with our ready made excuses......but sometimes we are stuck........comapnies have started coming...so far banks with marketing jobs......

management games and activities :- held up regularly.......industry visits etc are there too........so its fun to participate and learn new things

fees :- a hefty amount has to be paid and that too on time even though rai claims itself to be a NGO.......there was scholarship system before......give scholarship exams and avail scholarship on the basis of marks and personal interview....now its been abolished

exchange programs :- students from other countries come on short term programs to avail education and have practical overview......this time finnish students came.....

laptops and lcd's are available to students only for giving presentations..........

so over all coll is good............vinay rai is already there to create hype........and it will be a good brand name in long run no doubt...but its still in its initial phase...........

last but not the least........college comes up with new rules and regulation and timetable every week..............

rules which we love to break............(as senior most students in coll we ve priviledge to do so)

dpka

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
thnx rukhsana... an RBS degree was pretty controversial sometime bak... hanx 4 d info!!!

6.vinay

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ok boss let me also put some effort but dont forget to give marks k
so let,s start ..............................

Hi this is VINAY DUBEY from "TOLANI COLLEGE OF COMMERCE"

Its a building which is under construction so im not telling about what is not yet there ,it has 1 more building at its side which is also under construction n is named as "TOLANI SCHOOL OF MARIN AND INSTITUDE " its a branch n has many branches.

So coming to the building of college it is of 4 floors which is for BMS,BAF,B.COM n other which r comprised are as follows ,

so before going to the floors lets start from the main important part of any college which attractes students is "CAMPUS" which tolani really lacks in, its campus ends wer it started.n ground floor has a canteen +TOILETS.

1)1st floor consist of our office which have principal office.and it also has two extra classes for bms 1st year n baf 1year +TOILETS +aquaguard facility for drinking water

2)2nd floor has a computer lab with a office of a BMS n BAF co ordinator n rest all there r 5 class rooms mix of every course+TOILETS+aquaguard.

3)3rd floor has a staff rooms for teachers of college n rest class rooms+BATHROOMS+aquaguard .

4)this floor has three classes n a wonderfull LIBRARY with VIDEO CAMERAS all over+TOILETS +aquaguard.

we have a A/C gym in the other building which is under construction.

As im doing a BMS course n im in sy BMS ill tell u something about ,

1)FACULTY,
2)STUDENTS,
3)ACTIVITIES,
4)ATTENDENCE,
5)OTHER CIRICULAR ACTIVITIES,
6)FACILITY PROVIDED.

1) SO 1st ....is FACULTY.......
lets start from our co ordinator her name is ADITI KHANNA she teaches us marketing management.
rest of the faculty which come here for teaching r d best i shud say they r the best cream which we got .
there is a professor ASSWANI SIR who teaches in jamnalal bajaj he takes material managemnt
then comes PROFESSOR AMRITA DIVAY she works in DEUTSCHE BANK n teaches us pom 2 (principals of management 2) she is also very good in teaching n quite helpfull she shares her experiances which r very much helpfull to understand the concepy well
after that comes our economics this subject is tought by professor AMRITA she is from DELHI she is a PHD in economics n a gold medalist
then comes ec (effective comunication)this is tought by PROFFESOR DEEPALI
these wer r best faculty coming in college to teach us the subjects

2) 2nd our us d students after reading my post don create a picture of our student coz there r many good students then me .
most of students study here,the students have to sit here n attain d lectures coz attendence is very strict very strict .

3) 3rd is the extra activities our college is good in sports n i mean it
so many medals in the sports like boxing , riffle shooting, relay racing, judo ,n many more .its really a great fealing of being a part of such college.

4) 4th is the facility which is given by d college to us im talking abt our BMS section, the classrooms r big n good infrastructure facilty r there,we have OHP LCD N WHITE BOARD available for all class
which help us in our presentation n class explanation for our teachers

n from next year we are going to get A/C class rooms .

5) 5th is d main n important root of our college which has helped it to create its gr8 image is the ATTENDENCE our college is dam strict in this part trust me i was in d same college doing my junior col my parents has came both d years n they wer lq fed up by our col but never mind its k

n talking about the festivals of our coll is very rare coz they don do that nuch but we had done last month we had a event of solving a case study n all most many colleges from mumbai came there n we have came in DNA newspaper ,n our cordinator r trying to organize mare n more events next year .

THANK YOU

[i think i shud get good points man i had never written so much not in my exams also ]

50 points plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I love the review rukhsana ... Really appreciate the efforts.

Vinay on the other hand had a hilarious yet very imformative review ;)

Great work guys, 50 points added.

shilpisri2000

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi Kartik,

Deepika is right!
I also wrote and have been waiting for your review and thereafter the points............ Why did you do this?

Regards,
Shilpi