Can we change the national game to Chess?

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Recently we are seeing a lot of Indians winning chess competitions abroad and donning the role of grandmaster.Ofcourse the world Grandmaster is from our country Mr.Viswanathan Anand.We also famous names like Humpy,Hariharan who are going places in Chess.So can we change the national games to chess.Moreover,India is known for the human resources it has.Number of chess players entering the global arena is another proof for this.This will increase the brand image of India.

Wats ur say?

-Deepak

Ctharanath

Yes off course, one reason for this is our Indians are very good and they have made remarkable achievements in this compared to any other games.

soul_inu

It is true that Indians are doing wonders in the field of chess. But it will be too early to declare it as a national game. Rather strong policies should be made to implemented and promote it.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I agree that once victory is not all about but think about the prospect of Hockey in India.It has been our national game for sometime and this Olympics we havn't qualified for playing in China.Moreover we aren't winning games in Hockey.Considering this we are going places in Chess and this is a mind game which Indians are famous for.Moreover it doesn't involve any cost or damages and you don't need to have a great physique to play this game.Ofcourse you need a mental physique to play.We have enough resources in our country to train people.With this scenario I think we can make a mark in Chess if we have a solid support from the Govt in the form of funds and exposure.

why can't we change it?

-Deepak.

prasadgoa

Prasad Phal
It will be too early to declare that CHESS is our national game...
..It is true that Indians have setup a benchmark in Chess, but it doesnt mean that in a overnite we can declare it is our national game

paagalbanda

No... It is not such a great idea... Firstly we should discuss if we can change national game to cricket. presently, we have hockey as our national game.
National game means people of the country connect with it, follow it and have passion for it. People of the country means the majority of the people.
Can you see this in chess?
Not at all.

Hence cricket should be the national game. Chess is far far away (even vishy lives far far away in europe)

gaivn

I suppose that there are many sports/games that we Indians are good in. Hence this will not be a good idea according to me. Most Indians have an interset in Cricked and not Chess as chess is a game ment for the richer class is society and India is still in the development stage. We have More people that live on or below the poverty line in India. Hence i would say No to this.

friend4all

i dont think the idea of changing the national game to chess would benefit.It may help to improve the intelligence of people but i think it wont benefit the economy of the country

mohammed yunus

no, instead we can train the hockey players more that is the only thing we are not doing , other nations show more interest in training than us.we need to get trained a lot in every game but more in hockey as its a national game.every thing ends in politics in india it is the root cause for every thing.china is training their 5yr children to win in olympics ,havin more population than us are doing then why not we.the more training we give the more cups we ll win .just winning a chess game does not mean we need to change the national game.give more importance to chess thats it.

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
it is not possible, because chess in our country is not as much popular. and the game which is not much popular cannot be made the national game.

ice

thre r lot of great chess plYERS IN INDIA..
BUT thres only 1 whos doinating it ..
and even chess is also not in the olympics ,so we cant get a Gold ..AAND thre shld be lot more plyers to dominate the game ..but hockey for sure has to be removed frm status of our National game ...